The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

BSC wrote: I think he just wants to fly the Creed flag. He's the only person keeping Creed alive and I think he enjoys it.
Which would be pretty sad. I really hope that he will throw out all of the Creed stuff out of his repertoire once that one supergroup album will be released. (yea i forgot the name and now i'm too lazy to look it up).
Btw, is he releasing a solo album next to that or did i missunderstand something when the announcements came?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He'll start working on the next solo abum next year, so I'd expect a 2018 release, since the Art of Anarchy album is coming out in March 2017.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I'm just kinda hoping he gives up and goes home

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

Jim wrote:I'm just kinda hoping he gives up and goes home
kind of a dick thing to say. he's working his hardest to make an honest living for his family and entertaining people while he's at it. How would you like it if somebody said that to you?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

You mean he should completely stop making music? I really don't get your post.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I dont see why he couldnt throw "pray for sunrise" into one of his setlists or something. It certainly would probably appeal to more people than idk, Break out' or something.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

^I know, and Relearn Love too. Just for some variety.

He could even sing covers. His "Running Standing Still" U2 cover was great.
Last edited by Shortman45 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

As mentioned before, the sad thing is that he's only 43 years old, and he's been a nostalgia act for 8 years or so.
I could understand it if he were 15 or 20 years older, but he's been playing the same 8 or 10 songs since he was 35 years old.
I like the fact he's still trying to go out there and play, but he's still got an artistic future ahead of him, and he should try to promote his solo albums instead of doing the same Creed songs.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

nagpo wrote:
kind of a dick thing to say. he's working his hardest to make an honest living for his family and entertaining people while he's at it. How would you like it if somebody said that to you?
Being bluntly honest is not a bad thing in this case. I don't like the guy. I supported him for a very long time, even though I thought his music was horrible, but after he went out of his way to make Mark, Flip and Brian look bad on national television, even though he knew very well it was his fault that Creed V didn't happen, my sympathy for him dropped below zero.

I wish him good health, and I want him to be able to provide for his family. I hope the Art of Anarchy gig works out for him, because his career post-Creed is about as awkward as Rick Astley's.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:but after he went out of his way to make Mark, Flip and Brian look bad on national television, even though he knew very well it was his fault that Creed V didn't happen
Wait what? When did he do that?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

In several interviews he did when he was promoting Proof of Life. Saying that it was their fault that Creed V didn't happen, and that they broke their word.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Honestly if Creed never get back together or tour or whatever, well

part of me thinks that maybe

maybe

Scott could just get new musicians to make a new Creed album. Granted, if it couldnt be done right, then it shouldnt be done at all. Still, maybe he could find a guitarist who would be a good replacement for Tremonti
and they could make song stuff that has that CREED sound to it. Just a thought.

Of course, I have no idea about copyright and who owns the rights to the Creed name so this is all just conjecture.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, I would think that, at this point, Stapp, Mark, and Flip has a fair share of the Creed name (not Brian though, since when he got kicked out, I would think he was forced to forfeit his right to the name, or maybe not. I don't know how that part works when a founding band member leaves).

I don't think Mark and Flip is going to give that name rights to Stapp unless a lucrative offer is appealing them and they are 100% sure that they do not want to play in Creed anymore.

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:He'll start working on the next solo abum next year, so I'd expect a 2018 release, since the Art of Anarchy album is coming out in March 2017.
Why did the AoA album get pushed to next year? I thought it was coming out soon
cheesedip1 wrote:Honestly if Creed never get back together or tour or whatever, well

part of me thinks that maybe

maybe

Scott could just get new musicians to make a new Creed album. Granted, if it couldnt be done right, then it shouldnt be done at all. Still, maybe he could find a guitarist who would be a good replacement for Tremonti
and they could make song stuff that has that CREED sound to it. Just a thought.

Of course, I have no idea about copyright and who owns the rights to the Creed name so this is all just conjecture.
I highly doubt this will happen. Why would mark give up his band to somebody else? the songs are published stapp/tremonti. I just don't see it and it would be a bad move in general. Creed fans wouldn't accept the new people. Similar to what happened with GnR.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@nagpo : Stapp has been pretty busy on the road, and he will be being so up until the beginning of September. He probably hasn't had time to finish the record, and he's right if he thinks he shouldn't mess this up.
You only have one opportunity to make a first impression, and if he wants to make people forget that he's the Creed singer, the album'd better be great.

By the way, I strongly advise the band to change its name. It's a wrong choice with Stapp in the band, plus, it's not like they had a good run with Scott Weiland in the first place.
I know it's just marketing talk, but a first album always matters most than a second one in people's eyes.

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

A change in name would be a good idea, I agree

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

ART OF ANARCHY, the band featuring CREED singer Scott Stapp alongside DISTURBED bassist John Moyer and ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, will make its live debut on Thursday, October 27 at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City. The group will perform all brand new songs, including the first single, "The Madness", which will be serviced to Active Rock Radio in a few weeks.

Says Stapp : "I was approached by the ART OF ANARCHY guys and asked to join them last year.

"This project has been a very cool, unique experience for me.

"I'm proud of our work and made some great friendships along the way.

"It's been great collaborating with artists from different backgrounds and you can definitely hear it in the music.

"We're kicking this off with our debut performance in New York City at the Gramercy Theatre.

"I love performing and connecting with the fans, and I'm really excited for what's ahead."

Adds Thal: "We've got great chemistry together, and the songwriting process has been so natural and seamless. Now you'll get to see it and hear it at our debut performance in New York City on October 27, where we'll do a VIP meet-and-greet and play some of our new material that will be on our debut album on Another Century Records early next year.

"It's exciting to get out there to perform together; it's never felt more right than it does now.

"We're creating something special that we can’t wait to share with the world.

"Come on out and be a part of this with us. It'll be a night to remember."

States Moyer: "The individual personalities of the musicians on this record have come together to create a uniquely powerful album of songs that we feel will have a strong message and emotional connection with fans.

"After working on this record for over a year, we can't wait to hit the stage and play these songs live."

source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/art-of ... -announced
Will they resist the temptation of playing Creed songs ?
If they want some credibility, they'd better focus on their own material only.
Why not even add a couple of covers, as long as they have nothing to do with Creed ?

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

Well, I guess we'll see what comes of this. the song clip sounds promising. Hopefully it'll be better than the first AoA album.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

New clip does sound pretty good...interested to see how this collaboration turns out.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

I was rather impressed by that clip. Song sounded pretty good actually.