The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

Yesterday, I was listening to the new album on headphones, and it made me realize that the guy who mixed it added some echo on Stapp's vocals on more than a few occasions. As you guys know, it's one thing that's been annoying me with AB's music since Blackbird, and I can't believe Stapp's now doing it too. His voice is in the best shape it's been since 2001, and those gimmicks are totally uncalled for.
I also noticed a lead guitar was buried in the mix at the end of Purpose for Pain, and that there were some weird and short electronic parts right at the end of Red Clouds and Gone Too Soon.
Still a great album, though!

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

The album has grown on me, for sure.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

I think we'd all agree that Scott has been sounding better live than he has in years. However, I was watching this recent performance of Purpose For Pain and couldn't help but notice it's fairly obvious he's lip syncing. You can really tell around the 4:06 mark. He pulls the mic away and his vocals are still going. Take a listen and see what you all think...

https://youtu.be/yqbdK5BZLN4

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Seeker_1306 wrote:I think we'd all agree that Scott has been sounding better live than he has in years. However, I was watching this recent performance of Purpose For Pain and couldn't help but notice it's fairly obvious he's lip syncing. You can really tell around the 4:06 mark. He pulls the mic away and his vocals are still going. Take a listen and see what you all think...

Uh, yeah. He is 100000%. You can clearly hear that it's the studio track that they're playing. Wow.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Wtf?

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Interesting. When he performed acoustic in front of us he sounded fine and its pretty hard to lip sync that. I wonder why he did it here. Anyway, I wasn't sure if this was the right place for this, but I thought it would be cool to look back on this old Stapp, Tremonti and Brett Hestla collaboration in honor of those who passed away September 11th 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXTZ8N3UzmM

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Honestly, I think he's bitten off more than he can chew. This is his most extensive touring he's done in years. And up until this point, he's singing full out even in stripped down radio appearances. I would imagine he's suffering from vocal fatigue. I saw him live front row a couple of weeks ago and he didn't lip sync a single song. He was absolutely exhausted though towards the end.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Seeker_1306 wrote:I think we'd all agree that Scott has been sounding better live than he has in years. However, I was watching this recent performance of Purpose For Pain and couldn't help but notice it's fairly obvious he's lip syncing. You can really tell around the 4:06 mark. He pulls the mic away and his vocals are still going. Take a listen and see what you all think...

Yeah, I've noticed that and it sucks.
Disapointing.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I'm not so sure, actually.
Don't forget it's a recording done with a smartphone, so let's give him the benefict of the doubt until another video confirms it.
They're definitely using backing tracks though, which I think is a shame for any rock band out there, but it's a common practice.

Just listen to this speaking voice.
That may explain the lip-synching.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I think the main vocal line stops when he pulls the mic away but there's backing vocals on a tape.
Scott Stapp:

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I think the difference between his voice now and the passed, is that now his voice is thinner, it doesn't last as long but it allows him to hit higher notes and he's more focused on technique. His old voice was fuller.
Last edited by nagpo on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's definitely smoother on the ears.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

On Instagram, Stapp posted an interview where he says that Name will be the next radio single.
I loved it at first, but I've gotten a bit tired of it, and I think Gone Too Soon or Ready to Love would probably do better.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Wasn't it already released as a single before the album dropped? I think Red Clouds would do well.
Scott Stapp:

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Front row tickets for Stapp Tuesday in front of what I counted less than 150 people. I’d say barely half the tickets sold..... wondering if anything will happen like a cancelation. Gonna be weird seeing Stapp where the center is full, rest is very empty. Center holds 90 and I bet less than 150 out of 6 sections total have sold.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

That's a shame. When I saw him in Toronto after Proof of Life came out, it was pretty packed.
Scott Stapp:

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

So excited to be front row. But, sad turnout. Don’t know what happened. Guess it’s because it’s a Tuesday. Specifically requested this Charlotte show and Stapp made it happen less than a week later.

Thank you Scott Stapp. Gonna enjoy the hell out of tonight 50 people or 50 thousand. Drove 3.5 hrs one way for this. Can’t wait.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

austin. wrote:So excited to be front row. But, sad turnout. Don’t know what happened. Guess it’s because it’s a Tuesday. Specifically requested this Charlotte show and Stapp made it happen less than a week later.

Thank you Scott Stapp. Gonna enjoy the hell out of tonight 50 people or 50 thousand. Drove 3.5 hrs one way for this. Can’t wait.
Enjoy, man.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

That was amazing. Got two setlist actually andna drum stick. Multiple fist bump from Stapp. That was so cool!!

Saw alter bridge not this most recent weekend but the one before then Stapp on Tuesday. Wow. Been a hell of a run.

Kiss 8/10 Charlotte
Aaron Lewis 8/29? Knoxville
Alter bridge the other weekend
Louder than life ft Staind return in Louisville on Friday then Stapp 4 days later in Charlotte. Done with shows for a few lol

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Zero zoom. Sorry for bumping you a time or two rocking out Scott Stapp

Saw KISS in front of 25k? Staind at louder than life with over 50k. Alter bridge for 1k?
Stapp in front of a buck fifty. Human beings. Best frontman I’ve ever seen. That man is captivating. More so than Paul, Aaron Lewis, and Myles. My other favorites.

Scott Stapp is the MAN!