Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Devil Inside You »

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Devil Inside You wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:26 pm Mark about future Creed tunes

https://blabbermouth.net/news/mark-trem ... reed-album
Asked if he can see CREED making new music in the not-too-distant future, Mark said: "I'm not sure. If we would have known this was gonna do so well, we would have planned ahead of time and done new music beforehand. But from an outsider looking in, sometimes people are, like, 'Yeah, just put out new music.' But we'd have to record it nine months ago to have it be ready now, kind of for the tour. If we started writing music now, it would take us months and months and months to write it and then months to record it and then six months of setting it up and by then it's time for us to start ALTER BRIDGE. So it's kind of a difficult thing. Maybe if there was a song or two or an EP, it'd be easier. But I also go in the studio in February with TREMONTI, and Scott Stapp is just releasing a solo record. So it's kind of a tough thing."
None of that makes sense to me. They've been sitting on a whole album written around their tour in 2012 as far as I know and now he says they've got nothing?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

He's either lying or this entire thing is a giant clustferf%ck. Terrible news. Ruined my day

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

We've been saying this for 10+ years.
Mark could easily give Creed a couple years if he wanted to, but I think he's just curious/anxious to see how Stapp's gonna behave off stage in 2024. If everything's good on a human level between the two of them, things could get back to normal for Creed.
But it's gotta start somewhere, and I understand why he doesn't want to commit beyond the 2024 tour yet.
One (baby) step at a time.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Or it makes more sense for him financially. Tours sell better than albums these days and judging from how well the cruises and the tour have sold, he is not willing to invest in the studio time for the new tunes. Having the financial safety capitalizing from Creed he can do AB and Tremonti at ease.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ By that logic, wouldn't it make sense to do a new Creed album? First album in 14+ years. Streaming metrics and whatever physical album sales metrics are going to be more than what an AB or Tremonti album does by a good difference.

There's never a shortage of material and inspiration for guys like Mark to make an album work, thematically, in one of his bands. It just seems odd in the way Mark has phrased it given that the turnaround time from when AB goes into the studio for pre-production around January of an album year to when everything is done being recorded is like around late April/early May and that's even factoring if Mark wants to do a solo tour or Myles is doing a tour with Slash for a month in between.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Weather was written in 3 weeks

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Exactly, I recalled Weathered being written fairly quickly ( but I must admit some songs didn’t sound overly polished).

I reckon he could delay Tremonti in Feb to do more Creed, but he seems to not want to budge on that or AB (AB being every 3 years is fair enough though).

I’m just hoping for something, I wouldn’t mind an EP with some good quality songs.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Shortman45 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:56 am I’m just hoping for something, I wouldn’t mind an EP with some good quality songs.
I think this makes the most sense. I’d take 5-6 songs that all are good quality over a 10-12 song album where a third of it is filler anyways.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

New interview of Stapp from Loudwire. Sounds like he seems more ready for this tour, mentally and emotionally, now than when they first came back in 2009. That's all you can hope for. Whether that lasts for however long remains to be seen.

https://loudwire.com/scott-stapp-future ... interview/

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

His hope for his friendship with Mark Tremonti: "I know that Mark and I have such chemistry that even if we're at odds, we can still create an album like Full Circle ... I can't imagine what we'd create if there was a renewing of the relationship."
:headbang

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I'm pretty sure a new record is coming. Stapp once said Creed had "no plans" after the cruise when they were booking shows the whole time. Someone pressed Mark again recently alluding to new music and he said he can't talk about it

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Yeah, but given the nature of everything that's going on, we can't just automatically assume they come back and they are immediately working on new music. Just let things happen. Don't expect much, but enjoy everything when unexpected things happen.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

If you want a good laugh, watch this video a 3:35

Kudos to that fan for singing it with his whole heart! :peace

It reminded of those exceptional South-American crowds from a few years ago.

It's such a great song in an acoustic set.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Tremonti quote from the article:

"When I'm writing songs and I go over ideas, I'm, like, 'Wow, that would be a great CREED song, and I kind of hold it aside for the day that that happens," he explained. "A lot of times when I'll write a song that I'll put on a TREMONTI record, I'll be, like, 'That would have been a great CREED song,' and it turns into a song that people like, but they just kind of get forgotten. Some of the ballads on the TREMONTI records, the diehard TREMONTI fans love 'em, but I think they would have been bigger CREED songs, some of them."

Wow that's interesting. I wonder what tremonti songs he thinks would have made good Creed songs?

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Yeah. I saw that too. Really interesting to hear this from Mark. It shows he still sees the power of Creed. I hope this drives him to agree to more music (and more like the first 3 Creed albums).

As for Tremonti songs, I always thought Things I’ve Seen, Dust, Desolution, Unable to See, The First the Last would have been good Creed songs.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

cheesedip1 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:12 am

Wow that's interesting. I wonder what tremonti songs he thinks would have made good Creed songs?
Unable to see, Sympathy, Would You Kill would be my guess

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I would think Stapp would sound tremendous in a song like Not Afraid To Lose.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:28 pm ^^ By that logic, wouldn't it make sense to do a new Creed album? First album in 14+ years. Streaming metrics and whatever physical album sales metrics are going to be more than what an AB or Tremonti album does by a good difference.
Apologies, forgot to reply to you.

Streaming does nothing financially to the artists nowadays, it can work well as a promotional thing - it's better to be on Spotify than not, if somebody discovers you on a playlist they might end up buying a physical copy of an album or coming to a show. Other than that album sales bring peanuts nowadays.
That's why I thought going on tour with people actually paying for the tickets and generating revenue makes more sense than booking a studio, paying for it and spending time working on tunes, which results in loss most of the time.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

So Stapp is now using backing tracks and even lipsynching?

Jump at 1:25 if you have any doubt.

It's very disappointing.
Say what you want about him, but he's always given his all on stage.
If he and his band can't perform that song, then they should not play it.