The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
fudish123
Bought The CDs

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by fudish123 »

nagpo wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:23 pm
fudish123 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:53 am Does anyone here have the original files of Somber and Criminal from Scott's Wordpress? If so, could you tell me their bitrate? The youtube version probably has high compression and it sounds kinda lame
320 kps
Could you please share them with me? The Youtube version has 128kbs and it sucks

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

fudish123 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:03 pm
fudish123 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:53 am Does anyone here have the original files of Somber and Criminal from Scott's Wordpress? If so, could you tell me their bitrate? The youtube version probably has high compression and it sounds kinda lame
320 kps
Could you please share them with me? The Youtube version has 128kbs and it sucks
as far as i know the forum discourages sharing files. if an admin says i can, and that it's legal, i'll do it.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

nagpo wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:16 pm
fudish123 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:03 pm
320 kps
as far as i know the forum discourages sharing files. if an admin says i can, and that it's legal, i'll do it.
The songs were posted by Scott himself, there is nothing illegal in doing so, but you can always send me a private message.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

admins can read pm's. im not doing it until an admin says i can.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Is This the End

Really good song.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

cheesedip1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:51 pm Is This the End

Really good song.
Totally forgot about that song, it was really good. Scream soundtrack, right?

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

MidnightToker wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:42 am

Really good song.
Love how prominent the bass is in that one. I feel like I’m straining to hear Brian’s work in AB a lot of the time. But when you chuck some Creed on, he’s right there.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:22 pm
MidnightToker wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:42 am

Really good song.
Love how prominent the bass is in that one. I feel like I’m straining to hear Brian’s work in AB a lot of the time. But when you chuck some Creed on, he’s right there.
I feel the same too. MOP and HC have Brian's bass so bright, while on AB and FC I struggle to hear it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Admins can read PMs? LMAO. Is the Wordpress version better than the “YouTube Scott Stapp somber”?

It’s easy to find on YouTube and albeit a “demo” sounds really good. That’s somber. Not what he did with art of anarchy. I remember listening to the classic YouTube track of somber in highschool and man it’s good.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Xxx

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

austin. wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:36 pm Admins can read PMs? LMAO. Is the Wordpress version better than the “YouTube Scott Stapp somber”?

It’s easy to find on YouTube and albeit a “demo” sounds really good. That’s somber. Not what he did with art of anarchy. I remember listening to the classic YouTube track of somber in highschool and man it’s good.
Any website where you have DM's, the admin can read them. They have access to all back end stuff. The wordpress version apparently does have a higher bitrate since youtube compresses the audio/visuals during conversion when it uploads. This was before youtube offered higher quality uploads keep in mind.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i guess this guy just isn't going to release an album this year. too bad

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Pretty cool podcast. Lots of positivity in the comments section.

fudish123
Bought The CDs

Post by fudish123 »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 pm

That's good, most videos om him are just to remind his 2002-2014 struggles and breakdowns, gathering a lot of people to bash on him

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 pm

I thought I’d post what might be some points of interest for those who don’t have the time to watch it all.

2:20 - Theo asks how big were Creed at their peak. Scott replies that they had just started putting stadiums on hold when the guys went their separate ways. He goes on to explain what caused the first breakup, mentioning “exhaustion”, “poor decisions”, “people grow(ing) apart”.

3:48 - With a smile, Scott mentions that Creed are on “hiatus again” following their reunion period. After this, Theo asks if the second Creed run felt different. Scott talks of how the guys were like family the first time around, where as for the second run he mentions “egos have grown” and “people change, grow apart”.

38:48 - Here Scott talks about the Christian nature of his lyrics and how that became a topic of interest for the media. He mentions that at one point in time the rest of the band weren’t exactly happy about this, and Scott says that he understands that being perceived as a Christian band wasn’t part of their “rock and roll dream”.

1:13:54 - At this point in the podcast, Theo talks about how there’s often a backlash of sorts to bands/comedians etc that achieve a large amount of success. Theo cites Creed, Nickelback, Dane Cook as examples. They riff on the fickle nature of this subject and Scott mentions how he went from being called “rock and roll’s saviour” on the cover of magazines, to Creed being called “the worst band of all time”.

1:16:08 - Scott finds humour in the fact that his son has teased him about With Arms Wide Open and has impersonated his singing. The same son that the song was written about (lol). Scott also mentions how his daughter wears Creed shirts to school and has been playing “Mark Tremonti riffs” on her guitar.

1:57:17 - Here Scott mentions that at one point in time he had to have 24 hour armed security because he was receiving death threats from from religious extremists and devil worshippers.
Last edited by Dan Dando on Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

It was a real good interview

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Theo is one of my favorite comedians so that was a treat, now he should get Mark on there;) (i know its unlikely since Stapp is more widely known by name)

Scott seems to be doing good, happy to see that.
Thanks Timo!

paisleyfan
Bought The CDs

Post by paisleyfan »

Probably the most positive comment section on something Creed related that wasn't put out by the band.

Scott and Theo seemed to really connect.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i think the beginning was funny. the two seem to be testing eachother a bit but it turns out okay lol. "I don't know much about him" - theo in regards to stapp
"what's this show about" - stapp

lol. The only thing That could have been better is if theo actually asked him when the next f*cking record would be out