The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Devil Inside You
Isolated

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Devil Inside You »

I hope he can re-record Somber. I know it was supposed to be on The Space Between the Shadows before Art of Anarchy grabbed it. The original longer version is beautiful and I'd love to hear Stapp's current voice sing over it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Devil Inside You wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:54 pm I hope he can re-record Somber. I know it was supposed to be on The Space Between the Shadows before Art of Anarchy grabbed it. The original longer version is beautiful and I'd love to hear Stapp's current voice sing over it.
I agree. I love the demo he released a few years ago. Same with Criminal. However, Stapp has a history of talking about songs and then never putting them out.

Here's just one example: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... -awareness

And the whole 'Lust and Love' sessions double album. I'm pretty sure in his book he talks about songs he has written and recorded too that he has never released.
Thanks Andy!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I think Somber and Criminal in their original forms were great and don't need to be re-recorded. They don't seem like Demos to me. A demo is like the original Pray to sunrise song he released. That was a rough one. These songs feel completed.

His voice now is at a much higher tone, thinner, and with more vibrato, it wouldn't fit with somber imo. His voice isn't as bombastic imo. Somber works so well because he had a deep and sad drawl.

I would rather he just spends time on new music. Re-recording old content can be like chasing the dragon, you know?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

interview about the new single
https://loudwire.com/scott-stapp-wooli- ... sky-video/

"The music brought to mind the story of the phoenix’s transformation - the phoenix sets itself on fire, burning down everything that no longer serves it," Stapp adds, speaking more to the narrative. "In the process, he lights up the sky. For me, it epitomizes one’s ability to evolve. I’m grateful for Wooli and Trivecta for reaching out - here’s to blending two worlds and to unexpected opportunities that forge something beautiful and powerful.”

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I always wondered what happened with that Up from the Ashes song! He has a habit of talking about things before they're set in stone.

I met Stapp in 2019 and a fan asked him about the Between Love and Lust album. He said almost everything was reworked for Proof of Life or Art of Anarchy and anything that wasn't may be released as a one off single down the line. I know he used the lyrics from one of those songs on No Surrender.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I think both songs were completed, he just never released them properly. I don't know, I think he has his Creed voice more now than he did when he made those songs. Actually Somber and Criminal are cool because I think they're among the few songs where Stapp really shines with the "Full Circle" voice he had at the time. Somber especially. That song is basically Stapp's solo version of My Own Prison to me. Damn Art of Anarchy man. Lol I will never get over that. I need to download that orignal Somber already

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I was looking through my cd collection and noticed I had two proof of life cd's for some reason. I took them out and realized why. 1 had two bonus tracks. the other a making of proof of life, track by track commentary, photoshoot behind the scenes, slow suicide lyric video. And I don't actually think I watched any of that lol. I guess i know what im doing tomorrow.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's Stapp talking between songs.
He says he's played quite a few private shows this year.
I also noticed he'd started talking with a bit of a Southern accent.

Elevator music:

Love is the answer to all our problems:

Overcome:

Now, onto some performances.
What's This Life For:

My Sacrifice.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Thanks for the clips. I don't really hear much of a southern accent, being a southerner myself. His voice is good. I noticed that wasn't his usual guitarist on the right. Must suck having to fly him out of greece every thime you want to use him. I just kind of want him to make a new record already

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Where did you see the new guitarist?
As to the voice, I thought it was prety strong on WTLF, but it was a bit shaky on My Sacrifice, which is weird, since it's the one songs he's always managed to pull off, even during his worst days.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

The blond with long hair is Sammy Boller. He did some performances with Stapp the last couple years, and also that acoustic performance streamed last year.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Both he and the other guitar player on stage with him (Ben Flanders) released good instrumental albums last year. If you like Joe Satriani, you should check them out.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's a very interesting performance of My Own Prison, where Scott sings Mark's parts!

Also, nice solo from Sammy Boller at 2:56

Stapp seems to dig it!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I don’t see why Creed got so much hate. They have good songs.

My Sacrifice
With Arms Wide Open
Higher

etc.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

cheesedip1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:40 am I don’t see why Creed got so much hate. They have good songs.

My Sacrifice
With Arms Wide Open
Higher

etc.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Wonder if Stapp is doing a solo project anytime soon
Thanks Andy!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Micky wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:31 pm Wonder if Stapp is doing a solo project anytime soon
Well, he did just come out with that EDM song. I think he's looking for inspiration or something. Maybe he's out of ideas.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

nagpo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:16 am YOO Fucking hype

https://twitter.com/ScottStapp/status/1 ... 6088768518
Cool as this is, Portnoy's face superimposed on the flying ribbon dude from Thanksgiving 2001 is... *chef's kiss* :peace

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I’d pay big money to see Stapp again. How are these private shows getting attendees?