The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by alterbridge86 »

Looks like Scott performed "Gone Too Soon" and "The World I Used to Know" last night:

Glad to see him playing a good amount of new solo stuff, just from videos uploaded already looks like he performed:

Purpose for Pain
Name
Face of the Sun
Gone Too Soon
The World I Used to Know
Slow Suicide

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Sounding pretty good. Still excited for the record

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

face of the sun was kinda fun.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's a GREAT interview with 4 acoustic songs

7:06 Purpose for Pain (bad audio)
Then, he talks about hitting rock bottom.
16:26 Face of the Sun
Then, he talks about sleeping in Scott Weiland's bus and being a dad.
27:16 Name
Then, he talks about his favourite Creed songs and connecting with One Last Breath every night.
35:52 Scott says he talked to Mark for an hour a month ago. I hope it's true...
37:14 My Sacrifice

Here are also some videos from the June 25th acoustic show:
Weathered:

Name:

My Own Prison:

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Great stuff. I'm excited to hear Red Clouds! Sounds interesting.

I'm actually liking Scott's songs released more than the new Alter bridge single at the moment.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's an interview with Lazer 103.3:
https://soundcloud.com/lazer1033/suzi-i ... cott-stapp
Former CREED vocalist Scott Stapp recently spoke with Suzi of the Des Moines, Iowa radio station Lazer 103.3. The full conversation can be streamed below. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On his current single, "Purpose For Pain":

Scott: "Something I think that really helped me when I was going through difficult times in my life was [to] try to find a purpose as I was going through it, and that purpose for me was coming to the point where I realized, 'You know what? If I can make it through this and get to the other side, then I'll have the experience and the strength to be able to help someone else, maybe, down the road who maybe experiencing the same thing.' That's really the inspiration behind the song and where it came from in my life."

On what he hopes fans will get out of his new music:

Scott: "I really hope they just feel it, it connects with them and they just feel the passion, the honesty, the authenticity that is poured into the music in sharing my observations, my stories and my life experiences and my journey through music. I started this with my first record in 1997 just wanting to connect with people through song, and I still feel that way today."

On overcoming negativity:

Scott: "An easy way to protect yourself and keep you in a bubble is [to] not really read anything [and] try to stay away from comments or reading articles, good or bad. Even if someone says, 'Hey man, there was this amazing article someone wrote about you,' I tend to shy away from that. I just made a blanket [to] protect my heart and my soul, because I'm a sensitive person. I'm human, and negativity hurt. No matter how long I've been in the public eye or been in this business, I still feel, and I just can't allow that in, so I've made a rule in my life that I just stay away from that and focus on what's in front of me, take one day at a time and focus on the positive."

On his songwriting process:

Scott: "I have a manner and a way that I approach it that I think brings the best out of me and makes me feel the most comfortable, and I've been consistent with it my entire career, from CREED to now. I really approach it organically, sitting down with acoustic guitars. It begins with me freestyling to a riff I like, or conversation about something's that going on in my head, or some lyrics that I've written ahead of time, and just kind of freestyling until the song is born —// just wood-shopping and chipping away and trying to really dig deep and get into that stream of consciousness place. One famous artist said that the best way to write good music and good songs is just be honest, and I think being honest and being vulnerable is something that I took from that and applied to myself, and I hope that the fans can hear it in the music."

On how he was helped by the non-profit organization MusiCares:

Scott: "It's an organization that's there for everyone in the music business, from the artist to the merch guy. They're there to help from getting a tooth filled to helping someone who's in crisis. They reached out, when I was going through a difficult time, to my wife, and really, they teamed up to really help get through to me and help me realize that this is something I couldn't continue fighting on my own. I thought I could, [but] I kept falling. I finally got the help that I needed and surrendered. I just did whatever they said, because I wanted to live. By the grace of God and the help of my wife and MusiCares, we're five years later [with] a new record and new tour. Things are looking good... I feel really blessed to be here. I take one day at a time and try to live in the now and appreciate the moments we have in life, and just continue to move forward."
source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/creed- ... d-to-live/

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

lol if you listen to the audio they cut up and edited his voice for whatever the reason.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Does anyone have the lyrics for the new songs?

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

alterbridge86 wrote:First album review has popped up:

https://metalplanetmusic.com/2019/06/al ... e-shadows/
Did Stapp write this review himself?

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Mr. Slash wrote:
alterbridge86 wrote:First album review has popped up:

https://metalplanetmusic.com/2019/06/al ... e-shadows/
Did Stapp write this review himself?
I'm going to say "yes" to that one.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I noticed some basic spelling errors in that review as well.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Full show posted from Toledo, OH - pretty decent quality too.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I'm really diggin Gone to soon. That's going to be a successful song. It should be the next single.

rockmusic4ever
Brand New Start

Post by rockmusic4ever »

Billboard has the exclusive premiere for Gone Too Soon. Lyric/Visualizer video is in the link.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... n-premiere

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

anguyen92 wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:
alterbridge86 wrote:Official Video:

It's basically the previously discovered performance video but with additional "story" segments spliced in.
2:00 - "I didn't know *NSYNC got back together..."
From what I read in headlines, NSYNC did get back together for a brief moment during Ariana Grande's set at Coachella, but I can see your point in that moment in the video. In all fairness to the song, it's a good song. I'm not going to be one of those people that will spite Stapp, no matter what, due to his past. If he wants to get himself to maintain being in the healthy path, why kick him down for that?

Do I want Creed back together? No, but it's mainly for the same selfish reasons why I don't want Myles working with Slash at this point in time. I just want my favorite band, that has given me a better perspective of life more than anything else in the world, to keep going and do more stuff. That's all.
Late response on my part. Sorry if I came off as making fun of Stapp, that's not what I meant. I just grew up on a lot of boy bands because it's all my sister listened to for a period of time, so it gave me a chuckle when I saw that part. But I can see how my comment came off as demeaning towards Stapp, sorry about that.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Jaded Rescue wrote: Late response on my part. Sorry if I came off as making fun of Stapp, that's not what I meant. I just grew up on a lot of boy bands because it's all my sister listened to for a period of time, so it gave me a chuckle when I saw that part. But I can see how my comment came off as demeaning towards Stapp, sorry about that.
Oh your comment didn't come off as making fun of Stapp, I can understand that effect that boy bands used in their music videos in this one (my sister also listened to a lot of boy bands when I was a kid).

My additional thoughts was more on me commentating, regarding how the general public may perceives Scott Stapp these days, how I felt that the song is a decent song and that if Stapp wants to continue making music and is healthy, why not?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

rockmusic4ever wrote:Billboard has the exclusive premiere for Gone Too Soon. Lyric/Visualizer video is in the link.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... n-premiere
i think this is my favorite song off the new album

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Might be my favorite Stapp song he’s put together solo. He nailed this one. Production is great etc.

Billboard posted it so obviously people will see this “tribute” song and Stapp didn’t cheese it up. It’s a great song for what it’s intended to be and I don’t think even haters can make claim otherwise. It’s perfect for what it is.

Man look up some YouTube videos of Stapp live. The crowd loves it. They know it ain’t Creed. They still love it. Is Scott really THAT hard to work with to play those creed songs and make a boat load of ticket sales? I don’t get it. So I’ve not seen Stapp since Creed. Bitter it isn’t Creed. But man he’s on fire. He really is. So I bought two front row tickets to see him. Wish it was Creed, but it isn’t, and I can’t change that. Stapps an electrifying front man, worth seeing in person. Can’t wait for Charlotte.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I put my preorder in for the CD this morning.
austin. wrote:Might be my favorite Stapp song he’s put together solo. He nailed this one. Production is great etc.

Billboard posted it so obviously people will see this “tribute” song and Stapp didn’t cheese it up. It’s a great song for what it’s intended to be and I don’t think even haters can make claim otherwise. It’s perfect for what it is.

Man look up some YouTube videos of Stapp live. The crowd loves it. They know it ain’t Creed. They still love it. Is Scott really THAT hard to work with to play those creed songs and make a boat load of ticket sales? I don’t get it. So I’ve not seen Stapp since Creed. Bitter it isn’t Creed. But man he’s on fire. He really is. So I bought two front row tickets to see him. Wish it was Creed, but it isn’t, and I can’t change that. Stapps an electrifying front man, worth seeing in person. Can’t wait for Charlotte.
I would go to the charlotte show if it wasn't on a fucking tuesday. I get off of work at 4:30, then i would have to drive all the way into charlotte, keeping in mind traffic, and who knows how long the show will be. I got to hit the sack for work the next day. Damn.