The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Devil Inside You
Isolated

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Devil Inside You »

Based off the song titles, I think we might be getting introspective Stapp again as opposed to direct Stapp on the previous releases. It looks like he's tapping into that poetry that we saw from The Great Divide. I'm surprised the album is only ten tracks long with two bonus tracks. What exactly makes Last Hallelujah and Mary Crying "bonus" since they are being marketed with the album already? I'm also wondering if the other two bonus tracks will be store exclusives or if they are just being shelved as B-sides. I'm avoiding listening to Name since the private performance just to keep myself from spoiling the album before July haha. But I'm really excited for The Space Between the Shadows. Idk which pre-order bundle I want to buy.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Name sounds great to me. Can’t find anything to complain about.

Sounds like a new rock song. I like it a lot.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Devil Inside You wrote:Based off the song titles, I think we might be getting introspective Stapp again as opposed to direct Stapp on the previous releases. It looks like he's tapping into that poetry that we saw from The Great Divide. I'm surprised the album is only ten tracks long with two bonus tracks. What exactly makes Last Hallelujah and Mary Crying "bonus" since they are being marketed with the album already? I'm also wondering if the other two bonus tracks will be store exclusives or if they are just being shelved as B-sides. I'm avoiding listening to Name since the private performance just to keep myself from spoiling the album before July haha. But I'm really excited for The Space Between the Shadows. Idk which pre-order bundle I want to buy.
I don't think anybody was saying last hallelujah and mary crying were bonus. I think that poster was referring to something somebody in the band said once; stating that the album was 14 songs, and I threw out the idea that they were possible store exclusives. I doubt they will be b-sides as those aren't as common nowadays.
Dan Dando wrote:
nagpo wrote:I was just joking man. Just making an observation that it's more outwardly expressed now then ever before. I agree with you
Cool, man. Hope you didn't think my reply was hostile in any way, that was definitely not my intention. :)
Nope. No problem. All good. I'm super ready for the record, especially since it's coming out near my birthday.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

nagpo wrote:
Devil Inside You wrote:Based off the song titles, I think we might be getting introspective Stapp again as opposed to direct Stapp on the previous releases. It looks like he's tapping into that poetry that we saw from The Great Divide. I'm surprised the album is only ten tracks long with two bonus tracks. What exactly makes Last Hallelujah and Mary Crying "bonus" since they are being marketed with the album already? I'm also wondering if the other two bonus tracks will be store exclusives or if they are just being shelved as B-sides. I'm avoiding listening to Name since the private performance just to keep myself from spoiling the album before July haha. But I'm really excited for The Space Between the Shadows. Idk which pre-order bundle I want to buy.

The Blabbermouth press release says of the album "It was mixed by Chris Baseford and mastered by Howie Weinberg and features ten original songs and two original bonus tracks." So I'm not sure what purpose there is with them being bonus tracks, since the only version of the album people know as of yet is the version that already includes Mary Crying and Last Hallelujah. Not that its an issue with me honestly. The more tracks the better, especially for this album. This is likely going to be a stronger record than The Madness and Proof of Life.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

That's strange for sure. I would rather just buy the record off his site and get them all on one disc if that were the case. Maybe blabbermouth is wrong.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Something feels....right.

I’d bet money we see a Creed show in the next 365 days.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

austin. wrote:Something feels....right.

I’d bet money we see a Creed show in the next 365 days.
AB and SS release records at the same time and tour at the same time. And are under the same label. Stapp is vague about it when asked.

What do you think they're going to do once they finish up their tours? SS has nothing outside of his solo. AoA is dead. Tremonti could come back, but Mark has that pile of Creed songs that's only getting bigger. He must be getting that itch. And Stapp has been on good behavior since his breakdown and is sober. So there is no excuse there. I agree, Creed is coming back either this year or next.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

You have no idea how happy Creed reuniting and putting out that 2012 album would make me. At one point in time Scott Weiland and Scott Stapp were my favorite singers. I was there when Weiland would perform like shit, show up late, have horrible meet and greets and burn his bridges with STP as well as other opportunities like Art of Anarchy. I was there when Stapp broke up Creed again, went batshit insane, and had to rebuild his career. There's subtle similarities between both of them, but Stapp is basically bizarro Weiland to me. Everything I hoped Weiland would do as far as getting clean for his family, being kind to his fans and rebuilding his voice is being accomplished by Stapp. Reuniting Creed would just be the ultimate form of triumph to me.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I agree with that sentiment. I've always been a fan of stapp, although he really tested me when he lost his mind. But I've always wished the best for him and rooted for him. Even if Creed never gets back together, I hope stapp lives a happy and healthy life for the rest of his days, making music he loves. Because I love his music too.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Man these two new Stapp songs have been my current jams lately. They’re great tracks IMO.

I’m excited at the even slight talk of even us thinking Creed may do something in the future. I’d pay so much money for Creed tickets.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Name makes me tear up.

Prolly wouldn’t be with my ole lady if it wasn’t for my son

He’s four and I have to raise him every day until adulthood, no matter what it takes. Song really hits home. Can’t ever walk out on my boy. Ever.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Name is great lyrically. It hits home, even though I don't have kids (and I'm lucky enough for my dad to be a constant in my life). But even though I'm typically positive, I just feel the music is very sub standard. Anyone else feel that?

After the acoustic version I had really high hopes. But the studio version is not that good musically. I just feel it's a missed opportunity.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

(delete duplicate post)
Last edited by Shortman45 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Stapp is on fire. The other guys aren’t Creed caliber.... it is what it is IMO. not Stapp fault. He brought his A game.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

True. I'm still optimistic for the album.

I don't know who played on Name, but I thought Purpose for Pain had great music. I guess the 'Escape the Fate' guitar collaboration helped that song a lot.

coemgein
Brand New Start

Post by coemgein »

coemgein
Brand New Start

Post by coemgein »

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

man that was great. I would love to go to a stapp concert with the way he is now. My Sacrifice was sung so well.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He's sounding terrific on My Sacrifice. Which singer can sound that close to the record 18 years after a song was released?
This just made me realize that it's ben 18 years since Creed released an album that actually sounded like Creed. 18 long years. Can you guys imagine all the hits they could/should have released since then?
IMHO, it's a crime no to record any new Creed music when Stapp is singing so well...

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Wow, that was an amazing version of My Sacrifice. Glad he is back sounding good again.