The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby nagpo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:38 pm

number1 wrote:
Some interesting questions from fans from the 24th minute on. He says the ideas for his Between Lust and Love album were spread out on Full Circle, Proof of Life and Art of Anarchy. There are two that are still unreleased (Original Sin, Crazy in Love), but they will be in the future.


That is not very accurate. He still got Crazy, Song of Empathy, el diablo, waiting for love, on this side, etc. In the preview years ago Scott said he had 21 songs for Between Lust and Love. Damn! Listening back to the preview makes me think what a massive rock album it would be.

Maybe he took lyrics and/or melodies from those songs when making the later records.

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby chtimixeur » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:53 am

@MidnightToker : it's actually a gold record that belongs to Klaq Radio, and the photo was taken in their building.

@Dimitris : all Stapp songs should be slow and have deep/meaningful lyrics, IMHO. That's where Stapp shines, and those hard rock tunes usually don't work with his current vocal abilities (especially when he tries to hit high notes). I really hope Name will be the second single, and that the record company will push this song.

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby chtimixeur » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Here's an interview with a very enthusiastic and upbeat woman:
https://loudwire.com/scott-stapp-creed- ... -positive/

Stapp kinda gives the same answers as on the other interviews. He briefly talks about Creed and the next solo single from the 13:50 mark on.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:00 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby Jaded Rescue » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 pm

alterbridge86 wrote:Official Video:



It's basically the previously discovered performance video but with additional "story" segments spliced in.

2:00 - "I didn't know *NSYNC got back together..."

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9552
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Jaded Rescue wrote:
alterbridge86 wrote:Official Video:



It's basically the previously discovered performance video but with additional "story" segments spliced in.

2:00 - "I didn't know *NSYNC got back together..."


From what I read in headlines, NSYNC did get back together for a brief moment during Ariana Grande's set at Coachella, but I can see your point in that moment in the video. In all fairness to the song, it's a good song. I'm not going to be one of those people that will spite Stapp, no matter what, due to his past. If he wants to get himself to maintain being in the healthy path, why kick him down for that?

Do I want Creed back together? No, but it's mainly for the same selfish reasons why I don't want Myles working with Slash at this point in time. I just want my favorite band, that has given me a better perspective of life more than anything else in the world, to keep going and do more stuff. That's all.

mitch103
Isolated
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:20 am
Location: Ohio

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby mitch103 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 am

It seems to me from recent interviews with stapp and mark that they almost seem to be "flirting" so to speak in regards to a creed reunion. They're both on the same record label now, both saying they're open to it, mark having an entire albums worth of creed songs he's sitting on... I wouldn't be at all surprised if we start hearing rumors of another creed album and tour in the next few years. I would imagine it would just mean tremonti would have to take a cycle off or something.

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby nagpo » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:08 am

Stapp seems to be saying the same lines in regards to the Creed question... It's neither a yes or no answer. Which is kind of strange how he's answering the questions in the same way, almost from a script. Most of the time he says he's open to it, like he openly did on dr. oz where he publicly asked the band to get back together. I think the reason he's being so vague on the subject is because there ARE talks happening for a creed reunion. When things aren't happening, generally in business, there is no reason to be vague or to step around statements because there is nothing at risk.

Most likely, they probably already plan on doing Creed late next year but for PR reasons and to best promote their upcoming records they're being hush about it. But the fact that nobody is giving a definitive statement says a lot. What would it take for Napalm to get the Creed name from whoever owns it now? Surely that must have been a factor in getting Stapp under the same label as AB.

At this point, I'm 100% convinced that, at the very least, talks between Stapp, the label, and Mark for a Creed reunion are happening. Mark would also be more likely be willing to to do Creed with a label he trusts, like Napalm.

austin.
On The Rail
Posts: 1213
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby austin. » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:13 pm

nagpo wrote:Stapp seems to be saying the same lines in regards to the Creed question... It's neither a yes or no answer. Which is kind of strange how he's answering the questions in the same way, almost from a script. Most of the time he says he's open to it, like he openly did on dr. oz where he publicly asked the band to get back together. I think the reason he's being so vague on the subject is because there ARE talks happening for a creed reunion. When things aren't happening, generally in business, there is no reason to be vague or to step around statements because there is nothing at risk.

Most likely, they probably already plan on doing Creed late next year but for PR reasons and to best promote their upcoming records they're being hush about it. But the fact that nobody is giving a definitive statement says a lot. What would it take for Napalm to get the Creed name from whoever owns it now? Surely that must have been a factor in getting Stapp under the same label as AB.

At this point, I'm 100% convinced that, at the very least, talks between Stapp, the label, and Mark for a Creed reunion are happening. Mark would also be more likely be willing to to do Creed with a label he trusts, like Napalm.


May be thinking too much into it.

Staind is back together for a show. Aaron Lewis recently got on stage with Stapp...

I’d pay big bucks for a 2020 Creed/Staind tour. Did in 09.

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9552
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:28 pm

austin. wrote:
nagpo wrote:Stapp seems to be saying the same lines in regards to the Creed question... It's neither a yes or no answer. Which is kind of strange how he's answering the questions in the same way, almost from a script. Most of the time he says he's open to it, like he openly did on dr. oz where he publicly asked the band to get back together. I think the reason he's being so vague on the subject is because there ARE talks happening for a creed reunion. When things aren't happening, generally in business, there is no reason to be vague or to step around statements because there is nothing at risk.

Most likely, they probably already plan on doing Creed late next year but for PR reasons and to best promote their upcoming records they're being hush about it. But the fact that nobody is giving a definitive statement says a lot. What would it take for Napalm to get the Creed name from whoever owns it now? Surely that must have been a factor in getting Stapp under the same label as AB.

At this point, I'm 100% convinced that, at the very least, talks between Stapp, the label, and Mark for a Creed reunion are happening. Mark would also be more likely be willing to to do Creed with a label he trusts, like Napalm.


May be thinking too much into it.

Staind is back together for a show. Aaron Lewis recently got on stage with Stapp...

I’d pay big bucks for a 2020 Creed/Staind tour. Did in 09.


I think that would make a good summer Amphitheater tour. I wouldn't pay more than $60.00 for the worst seats, but if there's a deal on Groupon for less than $40.00 for a decent seat in the 300s in Irvine for that type of bill, I wouldn't hesitate to get a ticket. That stated, I want to see AB do their own shows first in early 2020 (before Creed rumors or new Slash solo album rumors become more concrete), price for a good GA spot is not a concern for me, but it should be reasonable (says the guy that paid $250.00 for the VIP listening party and I have to pay a lot more to travel and stay in Orlando. No matter, I wouldn't do this for any other band).

User avatar
Devil Inside You
Bought The CDs
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby Devil Inside You » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:38 am

Hey guys. I've been a lurker for awhile now and dig AB Nation. I just felt the need to chime in regarding Stapp and Yiannis collaborating. I went to one of the private acoustic radio shows at the start of the month and got to talk directly to both of them. Considering I've wanted Stapp and Yiannis to write together for a long time now, I asked Yiannis if he contributed anything to the new album. He told me "yes and no" and emphasized that he has a role on about "half the album", stressing that there are fourteen songs. I know Stapp said recently that his solo band was not in the studio for The Space Between the Shadows, but that could have just meant Flanders, Hudson and Dango. There's a tour bus video from a few years back where Stapp and Yiannis say they were writing new material on tour. While I guess we won't know until July, I just felt the need to share that. I don't see why Yiannis would lie about it either.

Honestly, I wish Stapp would go the route Scott Weiland did, and actually make a record with the guys he tours with. I've got nothing against Zac Maloy, Marti Frederiksen, or Scott Stevens but I always felt songwriters were more focused on writing the catchiest tracks as opposed to ones from a genuine place of creativity. The latter of which Stapp excels in, especially with a talented guitarist like Yiannis (or Mark more specifically).

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby chtimixeur » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:07 am

A lot of great guitar players can't write anything worthy.
Maybe that's the case with Yannis: he may be very good at replicating Mark's style, but also unable to write a catchy riff. That's two very different skills.

That being said, I remember Stapp saying he was writing stuff with Yannis while on tour a couple of years ago. We'll have to wait for the song credits to know.

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby nagpo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:32 am

Thanks for the info Devil Inside You

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby chtimixeur » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:49 am

I just heard Name on Youtube.
I hope it's a bad rip, because the guitars are heavily distorted, in a bad way.
Not a fan of the echo on vocals and of the self-harmonizing either.
Still one of Stapp's best solo songs, and probably his biggest shot at a new hit single. Push it, Napalm!

alterbridge86
Brand New Start
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:36 am

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby alterbridge86 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:53 am

Looks like 'Name' is officially out on streaming services now, along with album pre-order and full track listing:

https://www.napalmrecordsamerica.com/store/scottstapp

1. World I Used to Know
2. Name
3. Purpose for Pain
4. Heaven in Me
5. Survivor
6. Wake Up Call
7. Face of the Sun
8. Red Clouds
9. Gone Too Soon
10. Ready To Love
11. Mary's Crying
12. Last Hallelujah

number1
Brand New Start
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:46 am

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby number1 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 pm

I could barely hear the guitar. Hopefully better audio quality on the album. But love vocal and melody. Scott always does his own harmonies (layers and layers of it). Only 12 songs? Where is the other 2?

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby nagpo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:59 pm

number1 wrote:I could barely hear the guitar. Hopefully better audio quality on the album. But love vocal and melody. Scott always does his own harmonies (layers and layers of it). Only 12 songs? Where is the other 2?

It's on youtube. Maybe that version has better quality. it sounded like to me that they did a lot of work on smoothing his voice . And the guitar work was kind of hidden in the mix. I think I might like Name better acoustic.

Onto the song titles, he's really going out of his way to try and shed the christian label huh? lol. "Ready To Love" seems similar to "dying to live"

number1 wrote:I could barely hear the guitar. Hopefully better audio quality on the album. But love vocal and melody. Scott always does his own harmonies (layers and layers of it). Only 12 songs? Where is the other 2?


Might be a case of a walmart/bestbuy/itunes exclusive versions. I will probably have to buy the record twice

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby nagpo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:02 pm

I'm making a prediction now, Great divide>Space between shadow> Proof of life

User avatar
Dan Dando
On The Rail
Posts: 1175
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:39 am
Location: Wales, UK.

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby Dan Dando » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:40 pm

nagpo wrote:Onto the song titles, he's really going out of his way to try and shed the christian label huh? lol.


Why should he? I mean, he's 45 years old - there's no shaking labels once you get to a certain point in your career, regardless of whether the labels are accurate.

Funnily enough, I was a firm atheist when Proof of Life came out and Jesus Was a Rockstar made me cringe so hard at the time. Nowadays I'm just glad he's being true to himself in continuing to draw from that well, and I'm glad he's not worrying about silly labels :)

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1603
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby nagpo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:12 pm

I was just joking man. Just making an observation that it's more outwardly expressed now then ever before. I agree with you

User avatar
Dan Dando
On The Rail
Posts: 1175
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:39 am
Location: Wales, UK.

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby Dan Dando » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:25 pm

nagpo wrote:I was just joking man. Just making an observation that it's more outwardly expressed now then ever before. I agree with you

Cool, man. Hope you didn't think my reply was hostile in any way, that was definitely not my intention. :)


Return to “Creed”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests