The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Finaldecision »

A bit off-topic, but I just discovered an acoustic concert at Youtube performed last year. Really good sound quality and a good performance by Bumblefoot and the other musicians (some nice guitar improvising here and there). I especially found Overcome (00:31:28) and One (00:47:10) to be very well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXhnJWpRYE

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

the twitter video he showed for the music video is different than the one that was leaked. interesting.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's a new interview where he briefly talks about the new album.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott- ... o-critics/

So he's branching out to other genres? :wtf

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

New acoustic performance. His voice sounds strong and clear. Plus he played two new songs. I'm really liking 'Name'.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

That new song is beautiful. It's very poignant, and I hope the studio version will have fitting arrangements (I get a Chris Cornell vibe out of it)
The weird thing thing is that he and his oldest son are now estranged (or at least they were a year ago), but that's another story...

It also made me realize both Sscott and Myles don't use the name of their biological father. How uncanny is that?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Name is great, wow. I can't wait to hear the studio version. I really love that song.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

chtimixeur wrote:That new song is beautiful. It's very poignant, and I hope the studio version will have fitting arrangements (I get a Chris Cornell vibe out of it)
The weird thing thing is that he and his oldest son are now estranged (or at least they were a year ago), but that's another story...

It also made me realize both Sscott and Myles don't use the name of their biological father. How uncanny is that?
I had wondered why I never see Scott talk about Jagger anymore, hate to see them so strained. Was it about the drug issues from 2014?

I loved that song. I thought it was an old school sounding stapp song, which is great. I too don't know my biological father, so I can connect to this song. It was very well done.
Thanks Andy!

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

I love Name. I could hear Chris Cornell singing it. Strong and clear voice from Scott. Back up vocal is sad though but it's okay I am just happy to hear the new songs. Nothing wrong with Scott doing some country. Weathered and Full Circle got country vibe too and they were great.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@Micky: Jagger wrote some sour messages about his father on Twitter last year, when Art of Anarchy sued him for 1.2 million dollars. He basically mocked him for being sued for more than his actual networth...

Only they know what happened, so I won't speculate, but I doubt it has anything to do with the 2014 meltdown, since they were seen on photos together in 2015.
The weird thing is that he started growing his hair last year, and he looked just like his dad. I haven't checked his Twitter account since then, so I don't know if they're still estranged.

Back to music: Stapp sounded great on My Sacrifice, but it's one of those songs where he always manages to sound good.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Well I remember some posts of Jagger regarding Stapp's breakdown back then. He basically said that his dad made an ass out of himself. I suppose that this period at least did not improve their father-son bond.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I cant seem to find jaggers twitter account. I see one that has the name but it only has posts from 2015. From articles around the mental breakdown, jagger tweeted something like "once again my father has chosen drugs over family". I see an old reddit account too.

It may not be that they're estranged, just perhaps that he doesn't want to be a celebrity and wants a more private life so that's why you never see or hear of him. It's probably difficult to have a serious professional career when everyone only knows you for your dads successes and failures.

Anyways, Name should itself be a single. it's better than PfP. I'm glad stapp isn't going the country route, seems like it would be the lazy way out; unless he went for a johnny cash vibe.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

the official music video for pfp should be out tomorrow. might be a little cringe

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Official Video:

It's basically the previously discovered performance video but with additional "story" segments spliced in.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah it was cringe like i thought it would be. the child segments were pointless

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Nah, I've seen much worse videos. It's okay, surely no masterpiece but absolutely bearable.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

His slow suicide video was way better. It told his life story pretty well

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

That last scene on the mountain surely was a reference to the With Arms Wide Open video.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

A couple of new interviews :
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott- ... -and-kids/

The second one is actually the beginning of the Rock 104.5 interview.

I also doubt he talked to Mark a couple of months ago. Even a couple of years ago seems far-fetched at this point.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Well, they are on the same label. So I wouldn't say it's too far-fetched.