The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by prslover »

Probably a good chance of a new Creed record in the next couple years after that stinker Alter Bridge just put out.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ To you, it's a stinker. To them and other people that liked it, like me, it's the good stuff. Let's not assume certain events will happen based on a release that you just happen to not like.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

What kind of logic is that anyway, aside from the fact that it's 100% subjective.

"Just released a stinker.. Might as well go back to the most self-destructive and unpleasant band I've ever been in while we're at it."
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here is a new Stapp interview where he talks about all his projects for half an hour :

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

thanks. He still seems to think Creed is a thing and holds out hope. Can't wait for AOA record. apparently they will only be doing AOA songs while on tour.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Art of Anarchy performed an acoustic rendition of The Madness for hardDrive Radio. Stapp sounds awesome!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

alterbridge86 wrote:Art of Anarchy performed an acoustic rendition of The Madness for hardDrive Radio. Stapp sounds awesome!

That performance has some beach music vibe if you know what i mean. It doesn't quite fit imho. But yea, Scott sounds pretty good, Bumblefoot on the other hand is kinda annoying.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I like the acoustic version better than the actual release to be honest. Really digging the harmonies between stapp and ron, its a nice fresh take imo. Stapp is sounding clean, shows he has given up smoking, will take him a long time before he gets his power back, but atleast he is hitting the notes.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Man that was good. Acoustic version really helps you focus more on the powerful lyrics

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Nice acoustic arrangement.
They should record it and send it to the radio.
nagpo wrote:apparently they will only be doing AOA songs while on tour.
It seems like he's finally getting it and making some smart business decisions.
Good for him, and I hope for his sake AoA will be a success.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Sounds great. Can't wait for the album.

I wonder if they will play any covers on tour. The tour cannot be of just 10 songs. Maybe some of the first album.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Damn That sounds really good, the harmony with Ron sounds great as already mentioned.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

You guys heard the rare what if? The practice session with different lyrics?

At one point in time, Scott Stapp was the best singer to ever grace rock music.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's been discussed here :
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2733&p=163906

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

New Billboard article, and the debut of "No Surrender" with lyric video!
Art of Anarchy may be an all-star band, but for Scott Stapp, it's yet another avenue for him to delve into his personal angst -- something he takes by the horns on "No Surrender," premiering exclusively below, from the group's forthcoming sophomore album, The Madness.

"In 'No Surrender' I addressed those moments in life where you've reached a personal crossroads or crisis," says the Creed frontman, who joined AOA after the release of its 2015 debut album to replace the late Scott Weiland. "That place where your back is against the wall and you're left with two choices -- to cave in and crumble allowing whatever circumstance to break you forever, or to rise up and fight through holding on to that never give up spirit that lies deep within. I detail in the verses personal experiences, as I lived them, that have taken me to that critical place of choice. Am I to give up, stay down and fade away or get up, fight on and never surrender."

Stapp, of course, went through a well-chronicled breakdown during 2014 that led to him being diagnosed as bipolar. He wrote about his struggles with Creed and on his two solo albums, and his recovery fuels the lyrics he wrote for AOA's The Madness, which comes out March 24.

"The guys really just gave me the freedom to do what I feel I do best and what they felt I do best and really let me write the lyrics and say what I wanted to say," Stapp explains. "I really didn't have any preconceived ideas of what was going to come out of me, but obviously given what happened three years ago there was a lot to process in my life, and I'm in such a different place now than I was then and I really explored that lyrically on this record and really walked through multiple different phases of being in the midst of that experience, and then being on the other side of it." That other side is reflected in positive-spirited songs such as "Changed Man" and "The Light In Me."

Stapp could be considered a brave choice for the other AOA members -- former Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Disturbed bassist John Moyer and brothers Jon (guitar) and Vince (drums) Votta. Weiland, after all, did not make it to that other side, succumbing to his addictions on Dec. 3, 2015 on a tour bus outside of Minneapolis. But the rest of AOA never hesitated as it was recruiting Stapp into the band.

"It was obvious he's on a good path, on the right path," Bumblefoot says. "He has a great support system. His dedication and focus and determination to stay healthy is fantastic. He's been clean and sober and good for over two years and is doing great. We have faith in him. We believe in his character and his strength, and in the people he surrounds himself with."

And though AOA is "letting Scott's songs rest" from the band's repertoire, Stapp is mindful of his predecessor and Weiland's fate. "Y'know, there were quite a few situations over the last two or three years that were just kind of 'A-ha!' moments where my path crossed with his and with a couple other human beings that are no longer with us," Stapp explains. "I really felt like that was God, man, just speaking with me and just putting right in front of my face. 'This is where you not only should be but where you could be if you don't change.' So it was very impactful for me, and I did experience a deeper-level connection and it made it indelible in my mind just how fortunate at I am to be on the other side."

Mostly, however, Stapp is happy to be in a band again and looking forward to hitting the road this spring in support of The Madness.
"It kind of came out of nowhere, to be honest with you. I wasn't actively looking for a band," says Stapp, who first met the rest of AOA in Florida, where he was living at the time, and then in the group's home base of New York. "It really felt like getting back to the beginnings of what a band is all about. Most of it was created in the basement of Jon Votta's house with us just jamming together, really organic. It's nice to be part of something like that again."

Stapp is also planning to make a third solo album, when time allows. Creed, meanwhile, remains on an open-ended hiatus, with the rest of the group focusing on their other band, Alter Bridge. But Stapp is confident the quartet will work together again at some point. "It's kind of common for artists and bands to have multiple things going on, so it definitely doesn't put anything on the back burner," he notes. "(AOA) is just another part of who I am and who I am with these guys, and there's room for all of them."
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... -surrender

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Sooooo good. Loving the studio version.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Stapp's voice sounds really poweful during the chorus.
The verses still sound like random journal entries though, and the phrasing feels a bit off.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

http://www.musicradar.com/news/scott-st ... he-madness

some interesting little tidbits in this interview

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Echo of a Scream is available today for pre-orders!

Also, "Exclusively" debuted by Loudwire:
Art of Anarchy are ready to go deeper into The Madness album and they’re teaming up with Loudwire to bring you the exclusive premiere of the new song “Echo of a Scream.”

After starting a little muffled by choice, it’s not long before the build towards clarity leads to a wall of driving guitar sounds. The track is a propulsive rocker that chugs through the verses with Scott Stapp‘s commanding vocals and some killer guitar riffing coming later in the track.

Stapp tells us, “The track ‘Echo of a Scream’ is a chronicle of the curse of self-doubt. It speaks to a place in life when confidence has been lost and you feel like your a shell of your former self or as the lyric describes it, an ‘echo of a scream.’ It touches on the internal dialog within the mind of someone wrestling with feeling disconnected from who they really are and lost in trying to find their way back to their true self. Its two competing voices, the negative self talk voice contrasted with the voice trying to fight it and overcome it.”
He recalls, “John Moyer brought the initial music bed to the band and we all really liked the drive and energy so we decided to track it. John, while out with his other band Disturbed, played the music for David Draiman and David came up with a great melody idea for the chorus. Zac Maloy and I wrote the lyrics and then the melodies for the verses and the rest is history. This song was a true collaborative effort with Bumblefoot and John Votta writing monster solos. I’m really happy with how the song came out and its one of my favorites on the record.”
http://loudwire.com/art-of-anarchy-echo ... -premiere/

I'm liking this song a lot. Very different vocally for Stapp.

Bonus: they just posted the meaning behind the song video too:

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Whew, not to be a debbie downer or anything, but I can't even listen to Stapp nowadays, which really sucks because Creed will always be my first love

Not impressed at all honestly