The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

There aren't that many songs where I could see the Creed crowd headbang. What if, Bullet and Unforgiven, maybe ?
But overall, I agree with you : headbanging is overrated, and it's on the verge of being ridiculous past a certain age (plus, your neck hurts the next day :shifty ).

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

chtimixeur wrote:There aren't that many songs where I could see the Creed crowd headbang. What if, Bullet and Unforgiven, maybe ?.
Say I
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

chtimixeur wrote:There aren't that many songs where I could see the Creed crowd headbang. What if, Bullet and Unforgiven, maybe ?
But overall, I agree with you : headbanging is overrated, and it's on the verge of being ridiculous past a certain age (plus, your neck hurts the next day :shifty ).
True, but generally I see a lotta kids these days throwing the horns and headbanging for the fuck of it. I doubt they are having fun listening to the band, some people come off like thats all you are supposed to do at a rock show, horns, headbang, horns, headbang.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I see a lot of great response by UK fans for Stapp online. Its a shame though that Stapp is taking this Proof Of Life tour to UK and not something better, its a shame Creed ain't doing this run cuz the band deserved to.

Hopefully he doesn't disappoint vocally, the Proof Of Life songs are only average, not suitable for his voice. Hope he plays more Creed, deeper cuts.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

London was a great night!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

/\

Hey, a short review would be nice.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Yeah the rest of the Creed are not here, but its nice to see Stapp singing live for sure. He's pitchy, but he's trying, he sure did have an amazing natural technique back in the day. His solo band is fine too.
Crowd loving the Creed performances here.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/UzTJvCZJ9MQ[/youtube]

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I can't watch that one. He sounds decent, but the guitarist isn't playing the main riff correctly and it just bugs me.
Photobucket cash grab.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Them Bones wrote:/\

Hey, a short review would be nice.
Yea I know, but I really suck with words sadly :/

I did the meet & greet which was great! Figured was my only chance to meet & was going to the gig on my own so why not... :)
Loads of AB fans there, new faces & old & chatted with several that had gone over to the states to see Creed & some Americans that came over here for the EU shows!
For me having never seen before he was blooming awesome haha! I had no expectations, but he owned the stage imo. He's looking very fit & healthy, when I met I surprised how tiny he is!
Creed songs went down extremely well & had the biggest sing alongs..
I think he was a little overwhelmed at times with the crowds reactions , maybe as AB is so popular over here? Seemed really greatful...I hope he comes back!

Setlist was...

Slow Suicide
What If
Justify
New day Coming
Bullets
Break Out
Higher
Hit Me More
One Last Breath
Only One
My Sacrifice
Jesus Was A Rockstar
Crash
With Arms Wide Open
Dying To Live
Proof Of Life

Did manage a few photos & vids. Will post more but here's a couple.. :)

Last edited by WkdSelina on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Well, that wasn't bad at all now... Thanks.

And I envy you for that Human Clay vinyl and the blue collar copy of My Own Prison.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Yeah, I wonder what Stapp thought of the Blue Collar copy of mop. Must have know you were a hardcore fan.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Them Bones wrote:Well, that wasn't bad at all now... Thanks.

And I envy you for that Human Clay vinyl and the blue collar copy of My Own Prison.
Cheers :) .... I love giving that record a spin for sure!
nagpo wrote:Yeah, I wonder what Stapp thought of the Blue Collar copy of mop. Must have know you were a hardcore fan.
Yes, he was surprised! I was honest too I only just recently got it. Picked it up on Ebay literally about 3 weeks ago for £3.99! Don't think seller knew what he had & miss-listed.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

WkdSelina wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Well, that wasn't bad at all now... Thanks.

Cheers :) .... I love giving that record a spin for sure!
nagpo wrote:Yeah, I wonder what Stapp thought of the Blue Collar copy of mop. Must have know you were a hardcore fan.
Yes, he was surprised! I was honest too I only just recently got it. Picked it up on Ebay literally about 3 weeks ago for £3.99! Don't think seller knew what he had & miss-listed.
that's a steal!! i've seen them go for $250 plus. i've thought of selling mine actually due to that, but never got around to it. glad i kept it. i like it. i need it signed though. since 1997, when i bought the blue collar cd and saw creed for the first time, i've never met stapp. i'll have to get the other three to sign it at my next AB show. when i had the chances before, creed hadn't reunited and i didn't want to ask them to sign it...lol
Photobucket cash grab.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Ryan wrote:I can't watch that one. He sounds decent, but the guitarist isn't playing the main riff correctly and it just bugs me.

Shows that Creed songs can be played only by Mark, Brian and Flip on the instruments. The songs are not as easy to perform instrumentally as they might think, or everyone of these musicians would be able to play the songs better. The thing is Creed's music was much more that just simple chords and straightforward stuff. It was about timing, about connecting with each member of the band, almost theatrical. The choice of notes and being able to hit them every single time.

Am sorta glad that these guys can't play the songs absolutely right, leaves room for Creed when and if they perform.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

That's true. I think it also bugs me cause I grew up listening to Creed and Mark...almost literally (first heard of and saw Creed live when I was 15...just turned 32 earlier this month). I studied his guitar work and had numerous bootlegs where I learned more than just the album versions of his songs. I knew all the notes.
Photobucket cash grab.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Bugs me as well. Not only them changing up parts but not even playing some of the stuff in the right tunings.. it's just laziness.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

5 years ago today Creed officially announced their reunion. Hard to believe its been so long ago. Was like man it'd be so cool to see them, but knew it was a longshot. When Staind was announced to start the tour with them on the Atlanta date, the stars aligned. I ended up getting two tickets for my 15th birthday. Was pure nostalgia.
damn, 5 years later, one sub par album and a few tours ...what could've been.
Oh well.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

If you have not listened to his Berlin interview, here it is :
http://berlin.starfm.de/fileadmin/berli ... _Stapp.mp3

Some unusual questions, so it's worth listening.
Basically, he says he hates Detroit and that he's thinking about cutting his hair again. Plus, he kinda confirms Creed is on hiatus again. He also talks briefly about why Kurzweg didn't produce his record.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Great show yesterday in Cologne. His voice was in a much better shape than I expected. The crowd was really into it. I've never seen Creed live, so it was a special experience for me to finally get to hear these songs.

Setlist:

Slow Suicide
What If
Justify
My Own Prison (man, I waited for that one!)
New Day Coming
Bullets
Break Out
Higher
Hit Me More
One Last Breath
Only One
With Arms Wide Open
Jesus Was A Rockstar

---
Crash
My Sacrifice
Proof Of Life

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Glad you had a good time! That looks like a pretty good set list overall. Glad to see Crash in the encore.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.