Proof of Life first week sales predictions

A place for all Creed discussion.

How many copies will Proof of Life sell in its first week ?

less than 10.000
35%
10.000 to 15.000
20%
15.000 to 25.000
18%
25.000 to 35.000
10%
35.000 to 50.000
8%
50.000 to 70.000
3%
70.000 to 90.000
3%
90.000 to 120.000
3%
120.000 to 150.000
No votes
150.000 to 200.000
No votes
more than 200.000
3%

Total votes: 40

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Proof of Life first week sales predictions

Post by Dan Dando »

creed009 wrote:
AB23 wrote:The promotion was terrible and the label is killing it of course, but the quality of the music isnt really helping either
I'm not really sure why I even bother posting here. I think the album is great. I've already listened to it more than I listened to the Full Circle album. I just don't hear the same thing that other people on this forum hear.
Man, I'm sure I recall you saying once that you think Full Circle is better than Weathered. So... do you honestly think Proof of Life would be third if you were to rank the records involving Stapp in some shape or form - after Human Clay and My Own Prison. So... better than Weathered, Full Circle and The Great Divide?

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Dan Dando wrote:
creed009 wrote:
AB23 wrote:The promotion was terrible and the label is killing it of course, but the quality of the music isnt really helping either
I'm not really sure why I even bother posting here. I think the album is great. I've already listened to it more than I listened to the Full Circle album. I just don't hear the same thing that other people on this forum hear.
Man, I'm sure I recall you saying once that you think Full Circle is better than Weathered. So... do you honestly think Proof of Life would be third if you were to rank the records involving Stapp in some shape or form - after Human Clay and My Own Prison. So... better than Weathered, Full Circle and The Great Divide?
From top to bottom, in the sense that I don't hear any bad songs on Proof of Life, whereas there are songs on Weathered and Full Circle that I have to skip when I listen to the album. Although the big hits on Weathered are still probably better than the songs on Proof of Life that I think could be hits.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

But yeah, overall I think I would have to rank Stapp's albums as

1) Human Clay
2) My Own Prison
3) Proof of Life
4) Full Circle
5) Weathered
6) The Great Divide

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

creed009 wrote:From top to bottom, in the sense that I don't hear any bad songs on Proof of Life, whereas there are songs on Weathered and Full Circle that I have to skip when I listen to the album. Although the big hits on Weathered are still probably better than the songs on Proof of Life that I think could be hits.

1) Human Clay
2) My Own Prison
3) Proof of Life
4) Full Circle
5) Weathered
6) The Great Divide
Mate, that's madness - but then you're entitled to that opinion, no matter how mad I think it is :lol - But I refuse to believe that you think there isn't really a bad song on Proof of Life. I feel like you're maybe trying to fight Scott's corner because of all the negativity surrounding this album, because even Them Bones sees that POL isn't good at all, and that's saying something :lol

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Dan Dando wrote:
creed009 wrote:From top to bottom, in the sense that I don't hear any bad songs on Proof of Life, whereas there are songs on Weathered and Full Circle that I have to skip when I listen to the album. Although the big hits on Weathered are still probably better than the songs on Proof of Life that I think could be hits.

1) Human Clay
2) My Own Prison
3) Proof of Life
4) Full Circle
5) Weathered
6) The Great Divide
Mate, that's madness - but then you're entitled to that opinion, no matter how mad I think it is :lol - But I refuse to believe that you think there isn't really a bad song on Proof of Life. I feel like you're maybe trying to fight Scott's corner because of all the negativity surrounding this album, because even Them Bones sees that POL isn't good at all, and that's saying something :lol
I don't like Hit Me More all that much, but just because I think the lyrics are stupid. Musically it's fairly decent.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

And we probably at least agree that Human Clay is the best album that Stapp has been involved in.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

creed009 wrote:And we probably at least agree that Human Clay is the best album that Stapp has been involved in.
We do agree on that! I think that's why I'm so puzzled that there's such disparity between our opinions when it comes to one or two other things. For me... Weathered, Full Circle and The Great Divide are all imperfect records to say the least (albeit to a greater extent with FC and an even greater extent with TGD) but they're all still superior to Proof of Life.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

If Proof of Life is so damn good then I wouldnt even care about creed anymore if I were you

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Weathered at 5? Madness! Weathered is a FANTASTIC album. My personal fave from Creed, but there's a long story to that..

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Dan Dando wrote:
creed009 wrote:And we probably at least agree that Human Clay is the best album that Stapp has been involved in.
We do agree on that! I think that's why I'm so puzzled that there's such disparity between our opinions when it comes to one or two other things. For me... Weathered, Full Circle and The Great Divide are all imperfect records to say the least (albeit to a greater extent with FC and an even greater extent with TGD) but they're all still superior to Proof of Life.
The Great Divide was way too raw sounding for me. The songs on that album were simply demos, they didn't even finish producing that album. From what some people have been saying here, they seem to like the raw sound, but I certainly don't.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

facelessman07 wrote:Weathered at 5? Madness! Weathered is a FANTASTIC album. My personal fave from Creed, but there's a long story to that..
I like songs 5-11 on Weathered. The first four songs I really don't like very much. I didn't think that their hard rock songs on Weathered sounded nearly as good as previous albums, probably due to Brian Marshall not being part of the record.
Last edited by creed009 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

The Great Divide (song) is better than anything off of Proof of Life IMO. Proof of Life is the worst thing Stapp has done so far
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Without a doubt. I can't get into one song whatsoever

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

AHart96 wrote:The Great Divide (song) is better than anything off of Proof of Life IMO. Proof of Life is the worst thing Stapp has done so far
The Great Divide (song) is great. But the other songs are just average at best and way too raw sounding for me.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

creed009 wrote:
AHart96 wrote:The Great Divide (song) is better than anything off of Proof of Life IMO. Proof of Life is the worst thing Stapp has done so far
The Great Divide (song) is great. But the other songs are just average at best and way too raw sounding for me.
fine, You Will Soar (awful), is better than anything from Prof of Life. I think you understand the point I'm trying to make..with respect though. Not trying to bash you, I'm glad you enjoy the album, just not my cup of tea
Rock Never Dies

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Proof of Life has gotten a lot better reviews from critics than The Great Divide got. Almost all of the reviews I've read have stated that this effort by Stapp is much better than is first one. I've read that people like this album better than his first one in quite a few places on the internet. At least one person on The Creed Nation have said that they like this album better than Full Circle as well, so I'm not the only person in the whole world who thinks that. :)
Last edited by creed009 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think it's fair to say that "Marlins Will Soar" is still his worst song ever.. :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Timotheus wrote:I think it's fair to say that "Marlins Will Soar" is still his worst song ever.. :D
I think Fear is a notch worse than that
Rock Never Dies

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I like Fear. It has a nice riff. The end sucks though.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AHart96 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I think it's fair to say that "Marlins Will Soar" is still his worst song ever.. :D
I think Fear is a notch worse than that
For me, Bread of Shame is worse than Fear but I won't call Bread of Shame the worst song that he's ever been involved in... because.... Proof of Life :shifty :lol
Last edited by Dan Dando on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.