New Stapp Album/Single

A place for all Creed discussion.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

New Stapp Album/Single

Post by JaredWard »

I guess this deserves it's own thread.
New single coming soon! Sign up for the Scott Stapp newsletter at http://scottstapp.com/ to view track listing before the album is released. Stay tuned & rock on!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: New Stapp Album/Single

Post by joshuabeau »

Sweet. Hope the guy the best. I'll be waiting to listen!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Great. The Artwork is good. Nothing too flashy. Will that be the Album name too? I hope not. Will that be the Album Cover? I hope not. Its about time Stapp came out and gave us something worth listening to. Wish the guy the best.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I Hype!

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

I like the cover. Looks heaps better than the great divide.

I am liking the name Proof of life too.

Going from the lyric sheet he showed us, I hope he doesn't go too heavy on the religious stuff on this album.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I got some real religious vibes on this album, and I dont like that...
I also have very high hopes.
I got a question for you all, what would Stapp need to put out for you guys not to hate on it? I know Stapp gets alot of flak, and I think no matter what he puts out people will bitch..

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I don't think people need to look at it that way austin. As long as Stapp sounds comfortable and powerful on that album and songs don't sound forced, religious or not, I'll be happy. I do not personally believe in God and religions these days are anyways making a mockery out of humanity. But whatever Stapp believes in and if the album has the signature Stapp writing and singing and mood that he once had back in 90s, I'll be happy. Although, since his smoking pot days are behind him, I doubt he can churn out some of those great stoner rock musical ideas. Most of the Creed songs apply to my life without having any relation with God. Its funny why people take a dig at him for that.

So basically I am looking for good mature Creed style poetry and vibe.
Musically I hope its good old groove oriented, mid tempoed heavy stuff, and for the softs I would have loved something in the vibe of the live version of Pray For Sunrise from back in 2008.
And a powerful Vocal by Scott which shows conviction. It will automatically eliminate any cheese.
Last edited by Them Bones on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austin. wrote:I got some real religious vibes on this album, and I dont like that...
I also have very high hopes.
I got a question for you all, what would Stapp need to put out for you guys not to hate on it? I know Stapp gets alot of flak, and I think no matter what he puts out people will bitch..
Well, quite frankly, there's not much Stapp needs to put out for me to not hate it. All I'm looking for is something that I did not expect out of Stapp's creative process that is good and expanding on being the best he can be as a solo artist while seeing certain nods and bits (not too much) from his Creed roots. (I'm thinking something similar to the case where you can hear nods and bits of Creed and AB style of playing in All I Was).

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I'm just hoping his voice doesn't sound all whiny/nasally and he can regain the strength he had vocally circa classic Creed. It's certainly possible to attain that, but he'd of had to work for it. If his voice is strong then it'll be a good album

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I just hope he's gonna sing slowly on mid tempo grooves. Not too many words during verses, no oversinging, no cheesy lyrics about his kids and wife. A good guitar tone with some audible bass. Also some decent musicians.
If the songwriting is as good as the second half of The Great Divide, I'll probably enjoy the album.
Just like Them Bones, the religious stuff has never bothered me, but I hope he's not gonna go "full on Christian mode" on this new album.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Them Bones wrote:I don't think people need to look at it that way austin. As long as Stapp sounds comfortable and powerful on that album and songs don't sound forced, religious or not, I'll be happy. I do not personally believe in God and religions these days are anyways making a mockery out of humanity. But whatever Stapp believes in and if the album has the signature Stapp writing and singing and mood that he once had back in 90s, I'll be happy. Although, since his smoking pot days are behind him, I doubt he can churn out some of those great stoner rock musical ideas. Most of the Creed songs apply to my life without having any relation with God. Its funny why people take a dig at him for that.

So basically I am looking for good mature Creed style poetry and vibe.
Musically I hope its good old groove oriented, mid tempoed heavy stuff, and for the softs I would have loved something in the vibe of the live version of Pray For Sunrise from back in 2008.
And a powerful Vocal by Scott which shows conviction. It will automatically eliminate any cheese.
I pretty much agree with you.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I wouldn't get your hopes about the vocals on this album. I haven't heard anything yet but I have sources that say he's still in very bad shape & is still very heavily auto-tuned.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's strange because he hasn't toured at all this year, and he had time to rest his voice.
I guess we'll know pretty soon in which shape his vocal chords actually are.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Its easy to tell when someones auto tuned. Creed 2012 was pretty good as compared to 2009. Sounded like Stapp would have his chops back with time, din't seem like he was autotuned, although we'd never know. All the rumours and lies, its hard to know whats true anyways.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

JaredWard wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes about the vocals on this album. I haven't heard anything yet but I have sources that say he's still in very bad shape & is still very heavily auto-tuned.
Bummer. I guess we will see when we hear the music.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Let me guess, the smokes again. Good choice Scott, way to ruin it. If that's the case I won't be getting the album. His voice nowadays is kinda hard to listen to anyway

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

wow, what a way to jump the gun bro.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

History tends to repeat itself, and it has with him over and over. I was a huge fan back in the day, but he's cheating not only himself, but the fans who expect a quality product with bad decisions. His voice at the beginning of the 2012 tour was stellar, and now it apparently is weak again. Fill in the missing pieces

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I am willing to hold judgement until I hear the music.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

JaredWard wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes about the vocals on this album. I haven't heard anything yet but I have sources that say he's still in very bad shape & is still very heavily auto-tuned.
That sounds pretty vague. "Sources?" Wind Up wouldn't release Scott's album before because apparently it wasn't good enough, and if his voice isn't in good enough shape to put out a quality album, it doesn't seem likely that Wind Up would agree to release this album.