New Stapp Album/Single

A place for all Creed discussion.
creed009
Loyal Follower

Re: New Stapp Album/Single

Post by creed009 »

Youtube comment on "Jesus was a rockstar" page.

"these guys are a total creed ripoff" :facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-9uv8HvtPE

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

I literally spit my drink out when I read that.. :facepalm :lol
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Scott Stapps looks just like my ex girlfriends dad.. and I hated her dad

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

creed009 wrote:Youtube comment on "Jesus was a rockstar" page.

It's very easy to lose faith in humanity when you read You-Tube comments. I tend not to scroll down past videos these days - it's better for your sanity :D

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Dan Dando wrote:
creed009 wrote:Youtube comment on "Jesus was a rockstar" page.

It's very easy to lose faith in humanity when you read You-Tube comments. I tend not to scroll down past videos these days - it's better for your sanity :D
:yeahthat

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Received my copy of Proof Of Life, was a gift from a friend on the creed boards, I gave it a spin, and its still a very average album imo. Not my cup of tea. "Who I Am" though is pretty solid, it appears to have been changed since Bodnar was not playing on the record, but Stapp's vocals are quite powerful on it, the production is messed up and those vocal affects were needless. I remember the song having a real cool vibe from the live 2008 version of it. Its a killer track and definitely worthy of better production and players on it.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

An album full of Who I Am's would've been killer. The Jesus and love bs is no bueno

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You don't have to call religious based music "bs" even if it's not what you listen to.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Them Bones wrote: I remember the song having a real cool vibe from the live 2008 version of it. Its a killer track and definitely worthy of better production and players on it.
Original Sin sounded pretty decent as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjztBh_hj8

Also still don't know why he threw Criminal and Somber away.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Criminal and Somber are pretty much better than majority of the songs from Proof Of Life.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

It all feels like the label was involved with the direction of music on Stapp's cd, could be sabotage, could be having bad tastes, Stapp did mention a couple of years back that the label was not putting his album out as they wanted the sound to be more radio friendly.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

So is Creed still on wind-Up? Of course Stapp is, but that's interesting if Creed isn't on the label. I would hope not, especially if the label led stapp in this direction. They need to keep their hands off.
Thanks Timo!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Stapp doesn't have the balls to walk outta wind up or what? Such a shame. He should go indie.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Them Bones wrote:Stapp doesn't have the balls to walk outta wind up or what? Such a shame. He should go indie.
He really should. Or at least get a label that will promote him and not fuck him over
Thanks Timo!

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

I like Proof of Life a lot better than the demos he released for the album he was going to release a few years ago. The only demo from that album that I really liked was Original Sin, and Who I Am, which is on Proof of Life.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

those were just demos, and what we heard of them was over a messed up online chat. The live performance of Who I Am from 2008 showed much more promise than what the song has become now, the same with Pray For Sunrise. That demo the bassy sahred with us and the performance from 2008 were great renditions of the song, but what got recorded was meh. Goes to show something somewhere went wrong.

And interestingly, before Scott even announced his "double album"( :lol ), he had released a couple of song names back in 2008 and Slow Suicide was on the list. Makes me wonder when exactly was this song written and did it get a remake of sorts on this album? Plus, I feel his next album(if it all that is possible) will have the songs left out from this time around including the ones written with Bodnar and Zelick and I hope he develops these songs over the years with a good, lasting band.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

I like Proof of Life, but I can see where you guys are coming from with the radio friendly feel of it.

I still wonder what happened with Bodnar, Zelik and co. They were going to release an album in 2008, but then the Creed reunion happened. Did those guys bail because Scott went back to Creed? Maybe that is why those songs didn't make the album (even though Who I am did but maybe it had to be reworked for IP purposes).

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Shortman45 wrote:I like Proof of Life, but I can see where you guys are coming from with the radio friendly feel of it.

I still wonder what happened with Bodnar, Zelik and co. They were going to release an album in 2008, but then the Creed reunion happened. Did those guys bail because Scott went back to Creed? Maybe that is why those songs didn't make the album (even though Who I am did but maybe it had to be reworked for IP purposes).
I read somewhere that Wind Up basically fired them. I can't remember where I read that though.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Fired or not I'm glad they didn't stick with him. The band he hired for Proof of Life puts them to shame.