PBF to Close

A place for all Creed discussion.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

PBF to Close

Post by JaredWard »

For those who don't know the Stapp fansite Passion Breeds Followers is closing.
Please know, that this is the hardest thing we have ever had to post.

After a few sleepless nights and several conversations, we have made the heart wrenching decision to close the doors to Passion Breeds Followers at the end of August.

Because of the incredible amount of information that it contains, the actual web site will remain accessible, but will no longer be updated. The message boards and forums will be closed.

We would like to thank everyone in our PBF family for their years of support. We wanted to give everyone enough notice so that you can make connections to those with which, you wish to stay in contact.

We doubt this will be much of a surprise to anyone who still drops in from time to time. We spend a lot of time searching for and posting news, updating our home page, and making sure tweets are sent. We still get at least 30 unique visitors a day, and know that our information is often posted elsewhere, but we also know that we are just spinning our wheels here with the lack of participation.

We realize that it has more to do with the popularity of Facebook and Twitter, and people thinking they now have the ability to directly connect with Scott, something we have never been able to provide, rather than lack of interest in supporting him. We just feel, sadly, that we have outlived our usefulness.

When we started PBF almost 10 years ago, we were the only Scott Stapp fan site on the web, and as we shut down, we are still the only Scott Stapp fan site.
This will be a severe case of withdrawal for Elaine and I, as we have spent almost every single day for the last 10 years, doing our very best to keep things up to date and running smoothly. Members have come and gone, a few are still with us that have been here from the very beginning, and we are grateful for all of them.

Anyone that knows our history, knows that we had a rough start. We suffered and celebrated along with Scott with each and every up and down in his life and career. When he was attacked, we were attacked, simply because we chose to support Scott. For awhile, we felt like we were the only ones still loyal to him. But not for a single minute did we ever regret our demand of respect for Scott and for our family here at PBF or for our desire to provide a safe haven for Scott's fans. We became more than a group of fans...we became a loving, caring family. It didn't take long for us to be recognized as a site with great integrity and the place to come for accurate Scott Stapp information. We couldn't be any prouder of what we have accomplished.

We love Scott...We respect Scott...We feed off his passion...his voice...his words. We always knew in our hearts, the man that Scott was, and the man that he would become. We can't wait to see and hear what he has in store for all of us.
I have contacted Scott, so he is aware of our decision.

He is in an excellent place in his life right now and we leave him in the hands of his beautiful family and his Savior.

All the memories we share…we will cherish every one of them.

Elaine and Frankie
I guess the new hang out for Stapp fans will be here:

http://www.prayingforsunrise.com

Just thought I would give you the heads up.

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: PBF to Close

Post by nagpo »

JaredWard wrote:
I guess the new hang out for Stapp fans will be here:

http://www.thealterbridgenation.com

Just thought I would give you the heads up.
already there bro lol

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passion- ... 9537853579
Welcome to the Passion Breeds Followers Facebook page. As the closing of the PBF web site and forum approaches and after all our great member responses, we decided we just can't let go completely. We will be posting all things Scott. With the promise of new solo music coming, we are hoping to be adding content very soon!
Frankie and Elaine

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

Nothing but women there... :/
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

Mel-C
Bought The CDs

Post by Mel-C »

Thanks Jared! =)
Mel-C =)