Creed 1996 (My Own Prison) 1996 White Rabbit Video

A place for all Creed discussion.
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Creed 1996 (My Own Prison) 1996 White Rabbit Video

Post by Them Bones »

Never seen this before. Its crazy to think how many awesome bootlegs and Creed videos are out there and probably will never be found. And all those unreleased shows from back in the day. Well, if Creed can't deliver a new album or tour, I'd atleast want them to release all those documentaries and live concerts from 1997-2002.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/DUaDaF0Xk4M[/youtube]

This was before they even got a record deal. Fucking brilliant.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Creed 1996 (My Own Prison) 1996 White Rabbit Video

Post by chtimixeur »

Thanks for that video.
Whenever I hear those old tunes, I can't help but think that the guitar and bass combination was one one of the key elements of Creed's sound. They complement each other perfectly, whereas nowadays, it's all about the guitar for all Mark's projects.
Also, I wonder how the audience felt back then. Did they realise this band would be huge or did they think it was just another club band ?

If I heard that song for the first time, I'd probably love it on first listen, but I may be biased.
It makes me wonder if there are many bands with a lot of potential who missed the opportunity to become huge.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Creed was never a band that was liked cuz it was being promoted by a label, you see people loved the songs when Creed were playing their initial shows. It was much later that Creed got big, but people loved the songs since the band started performing, ample testimony everywhere. The songs were damn good, fact. You can see people singing along the songs, they knew the songs.

And yeah, the guitar and bass element has long lost or been forgotten by these guys. I wonder why bass driven songs have ended up being b-sides on the latest projects. The bass during Creed days was beautiful, it was complimenting Mark's style of playing perfectly.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Them Bones wrote:I wonder why bass driven songs have ended up being b-sides on the latest projects.
Probably because Mark is the main songwriter and wants all the attention, whether it's conscious or not.
The only song where bass is audible in recent release has been Breathe Again, and everybody wanted it off ABIII except Brian.

IMHo, the only way we're ever gonna get a bass driven song is if Mark starts writing songs on an acoustic guitar again. Probably not gonna happen anytime soon though...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

chti, I heard this song on the radio (at my job) for the first time in '98 and fell in love with the band. Of course the DJ didn't give the name of the song or the band, so I bought 2 or 3 cd's of other people HOPING (and they were the wrong bands) I could hear that song again. Back then Creed were like AB. None of my friends knew who they were. Although a year later, they would hit it big. I think the most hilarious fact is that Mark has always had his foot up on the monitor.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Never seen this one either.. thanks for sharing!