New Info on Creed 2014 Possible Album

A place for all Creed discussion.
Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: New Info on Creed 2014 Possible Album

Post by Arctic »

Well, Creed just isn't that good anymore. Sucks for Stapp, but he needs to move on.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Arctic wrote:Well, Creed just isn't that good anymore. Sucks for Stapp, but he needs to move on.
They would still sell more albums and have more success than Alter Bridge.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

creed009 wrote:
Arctic wrote:Well, Creed just isn't that good anymore. Sucks for Stapp, but he needs to move on.
more success in terms of sales in the states? yes. More success in terms of critical acclaim, and respect in the industry? hell no
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

This argument AGAIN? Can everyone just shut the hell up? Believe what you wanna believe. I mean, I guess if you're that attention depraved go right ahead...

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

it's hard to compare record sales of Alter Bridge to Creed because the record industry has changed so much. there's so much piracy and file sharing going on nowadays, that the numbers aren't what they used to be.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

^ Yep. If Alter Bridge started on the 90s and Creed started in the mid-2000s, things would be different sales wise. You can't even compare Full Circle to the 1st three Creed albums in terms of sales.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Also, there's the fact that Creed released Full Circle with a record label doing the promotions and whatnot and sold 100k copies in the 1st week in the US.

AB, who released Fortress and ABIII, with no US record label and only rely on word of mouth in the States, sold 25-30k copies in their 1st week.

I'm just pointing it out. Sure, it would be nice to sell 100k copies in the 1st week, but eating up the adverting and record label costs along with production cost must be a hassle. Especially, with Wind-Up in the picture where you just don't want these guys (Wind-Up) to win.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

creed009 wrote:
Possibly. Yes, Full Circle did well, but that doesn't mean a new record would. It would probably sell more than Alter Bridge, but it's really not about sales. Alter Bridge are just better musically and creatively. As long as they can make money from touring I don't care how many albums they sell. I just want to hear good music. Alter Bridge delivers.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Andy92 wrote:^ Yep. If Alter Bridge started on the 90s and Creed started in the mid-2000s, things would be different sales wise. You can't even compare Full Circle to the 1st three Creed albums in terms of sales.
But the only reason why Alter Bridge was even known to people when they first formed was because they had three members of Creed. So if they had formed prior to Creed, they may never have been known by anyone or made it very far.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

creed009 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:^ Yep. If Alter Bridge started on the 90s and Creed started in the mid-2000s, things would be different sales wise. You can't even compare Full Circle to the 1st three Creed albums in terms of sales.
But the only reason why Alter Bridge was even known to people when they first formed was because they had three members of Creed. So if they had formed prior to Creed, they may never had been known by anyone or made it very far.
Well, maybe if the WWE could have used on of their songs like Metalingus in 2004, but in 1997-98, AB would have reached Creed-level in terms of exposure.

To make sure, I am totally not going off topic, ehhhh, on the 2014 album, I'll give it a listen if they make it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on them finishing it that year. Sorry.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

creed009 wrote:
But the only reason why Alter Bridge was even known to people when they first formed was because they had three members of Creed. So if they had formed prior to Creed, they may never have been known by anyone or made it very far.
This is also true, but it's something we'll never know. The main point Ryan was trying to make (and myself) is that the music industry has changed dramatically since Creed's 2004 split. You can't judge Creed vs AB based on record sales. Miley Cyrus's new album hit #1 in the US and a handful of other countries. We gonna say that was the best album of 2013? I surely would hope not.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote: This is also true, but it's something we'll never know. The main point Ryan was trying to make (and myself) is that the music industry has changed dramatically since Creed's 2004 split. You can't judge Creed vs AB based on record sales. Miley Cyrus's new album hit #1 in the US and a handful of other countries. We gonna say that was the best album of 2013? I surely would hope not.
I would say the best album of 2013 would be Justin Timberlake's 20/20 Experience since he sold almost a million copies on the 1st week. :eek A daunting number to make, even, 10 years ago, let alone, an era where no one buys albums anymore and the fact that the music was more than passable would make a strong statement of being the "best" album.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Andy92 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
This is also true, but it's something we'll never know. The main point Ryan was trying to make (and myself) is that the music industry has changed dramatically since Creed's 2004 split. You can't judge Creed vs AB based on record sales. Miley Cyrus's new album hit #1 in the US and a handful of other countries. We gonna say that was the best album of 2013? I surely would hope not.
I think you can compare "Full Circle" to AB's record sales. "Full Circle" obviously didn't sell nearly as well as Creed's first three albums, but it sold better than Alter Bridge's albums. It debuted at #2 on the charts and sold 110,000 in the first week. I think it could've been a massive album in terms of sales if Wind Up had simply released "Away in Silence" as a single, but inexplicably they didn't do that. That's why I have to wonder how competent they really are. But I guess if you don't care about album sales, then it doesn't matter.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

creed009 wrote:But I guess if you don't care about album sales, then it doesn't matter.
This is pretty much what it comes down to for me. Some of my favorite albums had terrible sales because there was relatively no promotion behind them.

And I loved Creed's first three albums, thought Full Circle was okay as well. But I don't think Human Clay is good because it sold 11 million copies. I think it's good because it's quality music.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

We can what if everything to death.

We all know wind-up sucks though. No what if there.
Photobucket cash grab.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
But the only reason why Alter Bridge was even known to people when they first formed was because they had three members of Creed. So if they had formed prior to Creed, they may never had been known by anyone or made it very far.
Well, maybe if the WWE could have used on of their songs like Metalingus in 2004, but in 1997-98, AB would have reached Creed-level in terms of exposure.

To make sure, I am totally not going off topic, ehhhh, on the 2014 album, I'll give it a listen if they make it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on them finishing it that year. Sorry.
AB would have never been as successful as Creed in any situation. It doesn't matter if you put the exposure on WWE or whatever. Creed has a pop sound to it that general audiences can latch on to. AB does not. AB appeals to more hardcore rock audiences. You would also have to think of the times, the late nineties for rock music was all about post-grunge. AB doesn't have that sound.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Just out of curiosity, how many albums do you think AB would have sold in the 90's? I can't see them doing Creed type of numbers (they aren't as commercial). But I could see ODR and Blackbird doing a couple of million.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I think they could have gone platinum, definitely. Sales are just not there anymore unless you're shitty like Miley Cyrus.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

You may wanna change the title of this thread to '2017' or 'no album'. :lol

Flip's answer:
http://youtu.be/FY9pJ_r5PLg?t=14m

Decay

Post by Decay »

Oh, good. More AB, yes! :D