New Info on Creed 2014 Possible Album

A place for all Creed discussion.
creed009
Loyal Follower

Re: New Info on Creed 2014 Possible Album

Post by creed009 »

austinjhnsn wrote:His recent interviews don't seem very enthusiastic about Creed. He always kind of says something quick about there being no plans and then talks more about AB. He's not into it anymore. You can't force someone to do something, especially in Mark and Scott's case. They don't feel comfortable around each other, or at least that's what it seems like.
I don't know. I mean, they definitely aren't ever going to be a full time band again like they were, but I would be surprised if they never put another album out. In the Billboard interview Scott said that "the door is always open for Creed," and that he's certain they will be heard from again. So if Creed doesn't ever put out another album, it won't be because Scott doesn't want to.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

creed009 wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:His recent interviews don't seem very enthusiastic about Creed. He always kind of says something quick about there being no plans and then talks more about AB. He's not into it anymore. You can't force someone to do something, especially in Mark and Scott's case. They don't feel comfortable around each other, or at least that's what it seems like.
I don't know. I mean, they definitely aren't ever going to be a full time band again like they were, but I would be surprised if they never put another album out. In the Billboard interview Scott said that "the door is always open for Creed," and that he's certain they will be heard from again. So if Creed doesn't ever put out another album, it won't be because Scott doesn't want to.
No one is questioning Scott's commitment to the band. Creed is Scott's baby much in the way that Alter Bridge is Mark's baby. I would say it would be accurate to say that the door is only ajar at this point. But sure... there might be a follow-up to Full Circle one day, but as a Creed fan.. are you really content with it just being... "straight-forward"? - I know some music is better than no music... but I'd find it hard to really take any future music from the band seriously when the lead guitarist's heart isn't really in it, you know?

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Dan Dando wrote:
creed009 wrote:
No one is questioning Scott's commitment to the band. Creed is Scott's baby much in the way that Alter Bridge is Mark's baby. I would say it would be accurate to say that the door is only ajar at this point. But sure... there might be a follow-up to Full Circle one day, but as a Creed fan.. are you really content with it just being... "straight-forward"? - I know some music is better than no music... but I'd find it hard to really take any future music from the band seriously when the lead guitarist's heart isn't really in it, you know?
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what he means by "straight-forward." I would want Scott and Mark to put their full effort into it if they were to make a new album. But from what I remember, they were actually working on new music, so it doesn't seem that hard to believe that they could put out a follow up to "Full Circle." I remember they were working on a song called "Devil Inside You" during their last tour in 2012.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

creed009 wrote:Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what he means by "straight-forward." I would want Scott and Mark to put their full effort into it if they were to make a new album. But from what I remember, they were actually working on new music, so it doesn't seem that hard to believe that they could put out a follow up to "Full Circle." I remember they were working on a song called "Devil Inside You" during their last tour in 2012.
Straight-forward - uncomplicated and easy to do or understand (dictionary definition)

If he meant it like that... then... don't expect greatness from any future Creed records.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I dug some songs from Full Circle, but if they're not going to make good music and if Tremonti isn't going to be in it, I would really rather him just focus on Alter Bridge and his solo stuff. The Mark/Myles duo is so much better. Mark and Scott did some great things together in the past, but that spark is gone it seems like. Just stick with AB.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

We'll see when AB and Stapp are done touring next year and Myles is working with Slash. Will Tremonti do another solo record or will we get another Creed album? Only time will tell. Personally, if tremonti does another solo before Creed 5 I'm going to be very pissed. Because we've gotten a solo record and a AB record before Creed, even though Creed 5 should have already come out. If it doesn't happen I would rather them break up for good. It's not fair to the fans to make us wait for something that's not going to come.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He's already said he would write a second solo album in december and january.
Creed V isn't coming anytime soon I guess, but after Full Circle, it's not like I care much anymore.
As Stapp said on his Billboard article, they have to come back to Creed with the right frame of mind. I don't care if it takes 5 or 10 years to get there.

Decay

Post by Decay »

We'll have another Tremonti record before another Creed record, I am sure of it...
Honestly, I don't expect Creed V anytime soon, quite frankly, I don't expect it at all... Mark's heart ain't in Creed anymore and it ain't hard to see. If Creed's truly done, then put the band out of its misery. Sit down and talk, like grown-ups and enough with this miscommunication thing. Don't end up like 3 Days Grace.

If you don't wanna do it anymore, that's fine, end it and go do stuff that you love.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

They can't break the band up once again.They all know deep inside they may need some cash in the forecoming years, and they can't get bad publicity with another sour break-up.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

chtimixeur wrote:They can't break the band up once again.They all know deep inside they may need some cash in the forecoming years, and they can't get bad publicity with another sour break-up.
You're talking nonsense about the bad publicity. Creed breaking up won't damage Mark, Scott and Brian in any way. To be honest, I don't think the media cares enough about Creed to generate enough bad publicity. If Creed break up again the press will just react like... "Oh, Creed have broken up again... and no-one (besides Creed fans of course) cares."

That being said, the point you made about the guys maybe needing a little cash in the future - not so nonsensical.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

A band breaking up twice in 10 years is terrible publicity for future shows. It would just confirm that these 4 guys can't stand each other, and that they are only doing it for the money.
I mean, look at this board, Creed Nation, PBS or Praying For Sunrise : some fans actually believe they reunited in 2009 for the good reasons. Many of them also still have some hope for Creed V.

I remember what Stapp said on a MTV article in 2004 or 2005 when eh first reacted to the breakup. He said they should have called it a hiatus. He was right. A breakup is some kind of closure, and I'm sure Creed lost many fans from 2004 to 2009. They moved on and fogot about this band. Had they called it a hiatus, the 2009 tour could have way more successful IMHO.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I don't get why they'd 'need' money from Creed so badly. Didn't they make millions upon millions in the first place? I realize it wouldn't last forever but Mark doesn't strike me as an idiot who blows money. Myles wasn't in Creed but I can't imagine he's struggling to pay the bills with AB and Slash. There are plenty of other bands that aren't as popular as Creed and don't have a big band to fall back on for cash. And to be honest I don't think Creed would do much better than AB is doing now. They're not nearly as popular anymore.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Arctic wrote:I don't get why they'd 'need' money from Creed so badly. Didn't they make millions upon millions in the first place? I realize it wouldn't last forever but Mark doesn't strike me as an idiot who blows money. Myles wasn't in Creed but I can't imagine he's struggling to pay the bills with AB and Slash. There are plenty of other bands that aren't as popular as Creed and don't have a big band to fall back on for cash. And to be honest I don't think Creed would do much better than AB is doing now. They're not nearly as popular anymore.
I believe the most extravagant thing that Mark has ever done, in terms of spending money, was funding the money needed to buy out of AB's contract from Wind-Up, which, apparently, hit AB extremely hard.

I'm sorry to say this, but if AB hadn't gotten hit hard by the huge buyout, there probably would have be no Creed reunion, imo.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, Creed is just the money project, it's obvious... Not sure about Brian and Flip, but Mark's heart ain't in Creed anymore. I'm not sure there'll be another Creed album anytime soon.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Don't take this as fact but I've heard that they have one more Creed album on their contract. I'm sure they could always negotiate their way out of it though.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Jared, where do you get your sources from?

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

If Creed only has one album left on their contract, I would be fine with them just releasing a quick acoustic album. Then, they change labels. However, this assumes Marks want to work with Creed again.

Decay

Post by Decay »

julio wrote:If Creed only has one album left on their contract, I would be fine with them just releasing a quick acoustic album. Then, they change labels. However, this assumes Marks want to work with Creed again.
That doesn't mean anything.
Plus, I don't think Wind-up would let them go just like that. It'd be a HUGE buyout, I don't think Mark and the guys would do something like that for the 3rd time in a row, it'd be irrational.
It's obvious Mark doesn't wanna work with Stapp anymore, they can't stand each other. I'm cool with Creed breaking up. So whatever happens, I'll be cool with it...

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/k2EJu0n86Wo[/youtube]
You always gotta love Flip's interviews.
Dude tells it like it is.

He talks a bit about Creed towards the end.
Basically, 2014 will be all about AB touring.
2015, Mark's solo record.
And then a new AB record.

He stayed very professional and didn't diss Creed in any sort of way. Stapp should watch that video and learn from it.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

chtimixeur wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/k2EJu0n86Wo[/youtube]
You always gotta love Flip's interviews.
Dude tells it like it is.

He talks a bit about Creed towards the end.
Basically, 2014 will be all about AB touring.
2015, Mark's solo record.
And then a new AB record.

He stayed very professional and didn't diss Creed in any sort of way. Stapp should watch that video and learn from it.
Then basically, Creed is done for good. No wonder Stapp is upset.