Creed.com leads to Scott Stapp now

A place for all Creed discussion.
AB23
Still Remains

Re: Creed.com leads to Scott Stapp now

Post by AB23 »

You like highlighting don't you! So flashy and eye popping! Anyway's, I think I'm done here. I've made my point. You have no friends here or in real life and you're gonna die alone and blah blah blah a few cuss words later a few mom bombs and you have bad opinions probably got bullied alot blah blah blah go team monty yayyy

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Boy, I yearn back to the days where this thread was nothing but discovering that the Creed.com site was nothing but a picture of Scott Stapp with some facebook and twitter links as oppose to a launch pad to this Them Bones/AB23 feud.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lol yeah, remember the good ole days when this thread was just some of us poking fun at Stapp's face plastered all over the screen?

But honestly this thread was doomed to hit the gutters.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I know we had arguments and stuff (we're so cool on the internet right?) but I thought it was sorta messed up how when someone asked tremonti about it he said he was insulted. I feel like that's messed up, which is one of the reasons this bound to go to hell at some point

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Them Bones wrote:I remember one interview where Mark was ticked off cuz the guy asking questions was a total idiot and asked Mark if AB would breakup, Stapp took the phone and Said "Alter Bridge is alive and kicking and they're not going anywhere". So all the assumptions about Stapp wanting the guys to leave AB fall flat.
Do you seriously believe that ?
My interpretation of that incident is that Stapp wanted to show support to Mark. That's what he had to do to show him he was a changed man.
But deep inside, there is no way he's supporting Alter Bridge. No way. Because of that "other band", he has made no money from 2002 to 2009. Because of "Mark's solo project", he had to sit at home for a whole year in 2011 and 2013 (and in 2010, he only played with Creed for like a month). He's wasting his career because of Alter Bridge, and he's probably extremely bitter about it, even though he won't ever admit it to Mark. Just imagine for a second if he did. Mark would be done with him for good, and he could say adios to the Creed tour money.
He's just being a diplomat, and the Twitter drama from 2012 just showed his true colors : he couldn't stand that the Creed twitter would be used to promote Alter Bridge. In his mind, it was just intolerable and inconceivable.
Them Bones wrote:on another note, if Creed coming back is just going to turn into a band putting out music like Sevendust or shinedown or even full circle or ABIII, I'd rather have Creed laid to rest for good.
+1
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever hear the real Creed sound. Mark's just done with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

chtimixeur wrote:
Them Bones wrote:I remember one interview where Mark was ticked off cuz the guy asking questions was a total idiot and asked Mark if AB would breakup, Stapp took the phone and Said "Alter Bridge is alive and kicking and they're not going anywhere". So all the assumptions about Stapp wanting the guys to leave AB fall flat.
Do you seriously believe that ?
My interpretation of that incident is that Stapp wanted to show support to Mark. That's what he had to do to show him he was a changed man.
But deep inside, there is no way he's supporting Alter Bridge. No way. Because of that "other band", he has made no money from 2002 to 2009. Because of "Mark's solo project", he had to sit at home for a whole year in 2011 and 2013 (and in 2010, he only played with Creed for like a month). He's wasting his career because of Alter Bridge, and he's probably extremely bitter about it, even though he won't ever admit it to Mark. Just imagine for a second if he did. Mark would be done with him for good, and he could say adios to the Creed tour money.
He's just being a diplomat, and the Twitter drama from 2012 just showed his true colors : he couldn't stand that the Creed twitter would be used to promote Alter Bridge. In his mind, it was just intolerable and inconceivable.
Them Bones wrote:on another note, if Creed coming back is just going to turn into a band putting out music like Sevendust or shinedown or even full circle or ABIII, I'd rather have Creed laid to rest for good.
+1
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever hear the real Creed sound. Mark's just done with it.

You could be right in saying that, but I do believe Stapp had accepted for what it was. Reason? Stapp has a family and has to spend time with them, Mark is a total workaholic and wouldn't actually have much time sitting around. of course Stapp am sure is not completely comfortable with AB, but that is only natural cuz of all the shit he gets cuz of AB. Am not saying thats right, but yep,I also believe that Stapp would have not really had much problem with AB had Mark stuck to the schedule. Mark did bail on Stapp since the reunion, and twice now. Creed was scheduled for shows overseas in 2011, Mark bailed, Creed was to come out with another album in 2012-2013, Mark bailed.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Them Bones wrote:Creed was scheduled for shows overseas in 2011, Mark bailed, Creed was to come out with another album in 2012-2013, Mark bailed.
They were scheduled to do the world tour in 2010 as far as I recall, Stapp mentioned in his book that they discussed that and even Flip said sometime at the end of 2009 that the overseas tour was coming up. Then AB announced working on ABIII and tour and Stapp was shocked and dissapointed but I don't believe him. I don't believe that Mark could cheat Stapp and just ran away to work with AB. I think Stapp made up that story about organising the world tour and there were just some rumors going on.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

dolo1993 wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Creed was scheduled for shows overseas in 2011, Mark bailed, Creed was to come out with another album in 2012-2013, Mark bailed.
They were scheduled to do the world tour in 2010 as far as I recall, Stapp mentioned in his book that they discussed that and even Flip said sometime at the end of 2009 that the overseas tour was coming up. Then AB announced working on ABIII and tour and Stapp was shocked and dissapointed but I don't believe him. I don't believe that Mark could cheat Stapp and just ran away to work with AB. I think Stapp made up that story about organising the world tour and there were just some rumors going on.
Yeah, it was actually supposed to happen in late 2010 through early 2011. Look, its easy to say Stapp did this, Stapp did that, but can you keep ignoring what others might have done too? Am not saying Mark essentially cheated Stapp, who knows what happened behind doors, but there was news about the world tour, there were posters of the world tour, Brian,Stapp and Flip did mention about it, so obviously it was coming? These guys have said that they work their schedules out 1 to 2 years in advance, obviously they had worked it out and then changed it. Even recently when a fan asked Flip about Creed 5, Flip said "We are not going anywhere, just the timeline changed", so that does mean schedules were altered?
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Well, I am not saying that Stapp is sole responsible for all of this shit but everyone may think so after observing this situation over the years. Even if Mark had changed his plans and just swtiched to AB, you can't really blame him for that. He plainly said in some interview that Creed is just a commercial thing for him while AB is a fully artistic project. Stapp had done a lot of harm to Mark over the years so I can clearly understand why Mark turned his back on Stapp then. Assuming that it actually happened though.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

dolo1993 wrote:
The third Alter Bridge album was always supposed to happen in 2010.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

^That

You've got to put yourself in AB fans' shoes at that time though. Creed reunites in 2009 with a new album/tour. Then there's plans for a new US tour in 2010 + rumors of a worldwide tour. How do you think dedicated AB fans felt after not having a studio album in 3 years or any touring since 2008? Alter Bridge's breakup was strongly rumored everywhere, and I believe Mark wanted to record AB III when he did largely because he wanted to put those rumors to rest.

You don't just take a project you've worked hard on for 5 years straight and dump it for 2-3 years without progressing it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

AB23 wrote:There was an entire twitter incident like a year and a half ago involving stapp and fans of alter bridge... He has continuously shown that he isn't a better man then he was over and over and over. He went through his drug abuse and what not, but he has always been a dick. That's who he is. Its sad that anyone would even defend that for how obvious he is. That doesn't mean he doesn't have talent. Axl Rose had talent. Hell Justin Bieber has talent. But that doesn't mean that I'm wrong for saying hes a douchebag. Because he is, and the vast majority of people with knowledge of the situation agree with that. That's why I don't even root for him anymore. I was a creed fan, now I'm not because he just completely turned me away. But I'm the douchebag for that... I know
I actually agree with you, I guess I just tried to express it without calling him names, not that it's easy and sometimes it can't be avoided

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Most everyone have agreed with me haha cuz its true! The dude is a psycho

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

AB23 wrote:Most everyone have agreed with me haha cuz its true! The dude is a psycho
Yeah, sure, he's a psycho. He's a psychopath. Right. :rolleyes

Fucking unbearable.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Ubik wrote: The third Alter Bridge album was always supposed to happen in 2010.
That only proofs Stapp was lying.
You've got to put yourself in AB fans' shoes at that time though. Creed reunites in 2009 with a new album/tour. Then there's plans for a new US tour in 2010 + rumors of a worldwide tour. How do you think dedicated AB fans felt after not having a studio album in 3 years or any touring since 2008? Alter Bridge's breakup was strongly rumored everywhere, and I believe Mark wanted to record AB III when he did largely because he wanted to put those rumors to rest
Yeah that's true. By the way, AB's breakup/Creed's reunion rumors were going on at the end of 2008 when Creed's Greatest Hits went 2x platinum and Led Zeppelin were jaming with Myles in London.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

dolo1993 wrote:
That only proofs Stapp was lying.
Oh yeah I agree, my post wasn't a dig at you by any means. It was well established that 2010 would be when they released the third album, if he hadn't bothered to check up on that it's his problem.
For all of the hope that it brings...

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Alter Bridge and Creed have the same management. Why would they schedule a Creed tour knowing that Alter Bridge is recording an album? I would understand if it was separate management companies having communication issues. I think there was just major confusion with Stapp and the other guys.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

lol wut

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

exactly

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

no not talking to you... i called stapp a psychopath and i couldnt tell what was up with nagpo's response... like he sounded internet angry or something