Re: Revisiting Full Circle

Post by Ryan »

oh shit, cover's been blown.
Photobucket cash grab.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Torsten wrote:Total Guitar Magazine [United Kingdom] (August, 2018)

Faceless Man used to be his favourite.
It's a weird choice, since he's only played it 18 times.
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/cree ... ?song=Time

Also, notice how he says "Back in the Creed days".

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Them Bones wrote:I listened to To whom It May Concern after listening to the entire Full Circle album, man..this song alone single handedly destroys the entire Full Circle album.

^^^^^^This

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Just realized that his album just turned 10 a few days ago. Incredible how time files.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dolo wrote:Just realized that his album just turned 10 a few days ago. Incredible how time files.
apparently the band forgot too

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Ten years...time flies, man.

Weird that the breakup between 2003-2009 is actually shorter than what they have now, from 2013-2019(20).

I like Full Circle but it doesn't bring me the same feeling I got with the old stuff.

My favorites are:
Overcome, A Thousand Faces, Time and On My Sleeve.

Don't like most of the riffs and melodies on the album.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I think that if it had been a debut album by another alternative metal band people would call it a hell of a start. It's a decent record, but yeah, doesn't sound like Creed a lot and it feels like Mark just used those churned out unused AB ideas to make this album.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

George wrote:Ten years...time flies, man.

Weird that the breakup between 2003-2009 is actually shorter than what they have now, from 2013-2019(20).

I like Full Circle but it doesn't bring me the same feeling I got with the old stuff.

My favorites are:

My favorite lyrics on the record are found in bread of shame. only song on the record that sounded like creed was a thousand faces.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

nagpo wrote:
George wrote:Ten years...time flies, man.

My favorites are:

My favorite lyrics on the record are found in bread of shame. only song on the record that sounded like creed was a thousand faces.
I disagree the only songs that don't sound like Creed are Suddenly, Fear, and Overcome and you could make a case that those harder & faster songs have roots in Bullets & What if. It all sounds like Creed to me.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

With this quarantine in place and my job having me work from home, I was able to revisit Full Circle yesterday! I was pulling weeds in the back and decided to spin the album while I did it.

I still think this is Creed's weakest album, but there's a lot to admire. The riffs show a very experimental side of Creed I think most of their detractors would not expect. On top of that, Stapp really commits to working with that sound. Albeit his voice is really weak in some parts, but that same passion and excitement is there. Overall, I consider One Day Remains, and The Great Divide to be closer to Creed than this album. I remember hearing Brian say in regards to the material for Full Circle that he wasn't sure which songs would be used for Alter Bridge and which would be used for Creed. Which makes sense considering AB III and Full Circle remind me a lot of each other. I even think Isolation and Overcome are similar songs structurally.

Overall, Stapp sounds too much like Hugo Ferriera and Mark's playing is too heavy for it to stand up to the first three records. If they followed this up with the back to roots album in 2012 and kept expanding on their sound from there I think I would appreciate Full Circle more as a one off experimental ditty. As the potential last Creed album ever though it still disappoints me.

Overcome, A Thousand Faces, Rain, Fear, Silent Teacher and Full Circle are my favorite tracks. I hope someday they can close a show out with the song Full Circle, and actually mean the lyrics this time.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's average, and Creed was never average in the first place.
This is why this album is a disaster for their legacy.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Freedom Fighter is a heavy song, but it doesn’t sound nearly as heavy in the live videos on YouTube.

Probably because they aren’t using a six string bass live (which is what was used on the record).

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

cheesedip1 wrote:
Probably because they aren’t using a six string bass live (which is what was used on the record).
Any source of that info? Mark recorded the bass on Weathered and it seems that they used a 5 string bass because that tune has a low D note.

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I used to have the album booklet back in the day. So that’s what I remember reading.

But maybe my memory is wrong idk.

Maybe it was a 5 string bass.

Regardless, they must have been only using a 4 string bass live then.

Edit: I just watched the live video. Maybe it’s exactly like it was on the record. I may have spoke too soon.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The difference between the 5 string and 6 string is that you have an extra string but not at the bottom but at the top (mostly it's a C) so it wouldn't impact the heaviness.
But Mark plays an 5 string in this video anyway (1:13):

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I had never seen that!
It's nice to see Mark and Stapp running and playing baseball together.
They've said so many times that the band was done and it was just a business after Human Clay, and this video shows that they were actually still good friends in 2001.
That's the kind of stuff they should all look at, in order to remember it was not as bad as they now think it was.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

that was cool thanks for sharing

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Creed is one of those things where we'll never know how bad it got until, or if, Mark writes a tell all book. Considering how much Mark avoids drama I doubt we'll see that. However, you look at videos like that Weathered one, or this one with Stapp and Flip and you wonder how it could have been as bad as they described in that magazine three years later. Look at this interview, Stapp and Flip genuinely seem like best bros. However, Brett Hestla filed a NDA agreement saying he can't discuss anything that went down and Creed and that he hasn't spoken to Stapp since like 2003. It just makes you wonder how everything lines up and how its the same Stapp. I figure that atrocious performance of Who's Got My Back? is probably when everything just went to hell and Mark and Flip decided they wanted something different but I guess only they know for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR4InDSsWj8

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What he says at 3:05 about getting heavier on future albums is very frustrating.
We'll never know how awesome this band would/could have been in the 2000's. I'm sure they still had two great top-to-bottom albums in them, at least.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Its all hyperbole but I think they had at least two more multi platinum albums in them. I listened to One Day Remains in full this passed weekend and as much as I love Myles, this would have slayed as a Creed album. Imagine how huge Solace, Open Your Eyes and Broken Wings would have been under Creed's name? On top of that, imagine if In Loving Memory was a Creed song? That could have easily been their With Arms Wide Open of the 2000s. One Day Remains is basically the lost fourth Creed album and you can see how heavy they were going on songs like Find the Real, Metalingus, Watch Your Words and of course the title track. Stapp had a few heavier ideas to with Reach Out, Fight Song and Hard Way. Oh well, such is life.