New Tension in the Band

A place for all Creed discussion.
jripper420

New Tension in the Band

Post by jripper420 »

From a Dec. 3 article on Tremonti solo project. It's an interview I took this part and am posting it here because it talks about the new Creed album and what happened.

Quote:

What do you have coming up with Creed and Alter Bridge?

This has been our Creed year. We kind of go back and forth with Alter Bridge and Creed these last couple years, and so we’ve done three or four tours this year with Creed and in the mean time we’ve written a handful of songs. I think we could go in and record an EP right now, but I don’t know if fans would be upset with that or not, if it wasn’t a full length album. So the logistics of figuring it all out, how to get into a studio in time has been tough, and we haven’t agreed on a producer, and we just didn’t see eye to eye on a few things, so time went by and we missed our opportunity to record this year for Creed. I think the next thing is going to be Alter Bridge, getting together in December and January to write the next Alter Bridge record. We’ll just write that until it’s done, right into the studio to try and get that done before the summer so we can go and hit all the big summer festivals with our new album. And then if there’s ever a break, especially if I’m in the States where I can bring my kids with me, I’ll go and do a couple weeks here and there with my solo project in between tours.

-----I THINK THERE IS MORE GOING ON HERE----cAN THESE GUYS FINALLY SETTLE THEIR DIFFERENCES AND MAKE A GOOD CD????

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: New Tension in the Band

Post by Dolo »

I think it's a good idea to issue an EP instead of an entire album. They should focus on quality of songs not on a amount of them.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I would've been ok with an EP. But only because I'm curious if the MOP/HC shows have had any effect on the new songs, and I'm too impatient to wait 2 more years.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

jripper420

Post by jripper420 »

After following the reunion, and all the subsequent interviews I feel like these guys never really addressed the issues under the surface as it relates to their creative differences. At their best they are brilliant, at their worst see Full Circle. To me Full Circle wasn't promoted simply because it was a bunch of recycled, dated, material that was reworked with a few of Tremonti's new tricks and a slight change in their sound. Having been a fan of Creed since the beginning I wanted to like Full Circle but I could tell that it just wasn't an honest effort at a comeback and more or less a money making venture for both Stapp and Tremonti to make a buck. This latest attempt with the tour and writing seemed genuine, but honestly fell flat on its face because the guys weren't all in and couldn't agree on what direction they wanted to take with this new album. Mark, as a longtime fan, I love your guitar work. I however will say that you have chance to really make Creed relevant again and your not doing that with your side projects and another AB album. I mean we just had one. It's time for you guys to put the squabbling aside, rediscover your roots and show the world what we already know. Your one hell of a talented band !!!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

If I were a Creed fan I would be upset too.. It's super obvious that Mark prefers AB and Tremonti over Creed..
But I'm not really a Creed fan, so I'm fine with it ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I think it may be a bit of a stretch to conclude there's tension in Creed just because they don't see 'eye to eye' on a few things. I don't expect that Mark and Myles, or his Tremonti band-mates always see 'eye to eye' but I don't think you'd call it tension... And I'd much rather have a bit of tension in Creed than Elvis producing their next album :lol

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

im sure there's tension there built up from the first split up. im not really a creed fan but thats the way i see it. myles comes across as a guy who is just too damn nice to argue with or have a long lasting feud with. thats why im fairly confident AB wont go through the same troubles that creed has. lets face it, stapps a douche. i like him as a singer because of the uniqueness of his voice, but he is a douche

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Creed needs to set aside 6 solid months to really write and record a new album. They never had that in 2012 with all the touring. It was not a priority for Creed to release an album. They can have a successful tour without a new album.

Tremonti's solo album took some time away as well.

Plus, I imagine some of the stuff in the Stapp's book probably didn't make the band happy ... although most of it was pretty benign.

I imagine the next Creed album and tour will be in 2015.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I think their contract with Wind Up is over... I don't expect any more Creed, tbh.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I think there has always been tension since after they blew up with Human Clay. The reunion seemed forced, and it's clear that they can't even put together a 5th album. Does anyone know why Stapp is currently in the studio but hasn't mentioned much about a new solo album?

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:I think their contract with Wind Up is over... I don't expect any more Creed, tbh.
I don't know logistics, but by all accounts this isn't true.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If they ever release a 5th album, that'll be cool, but I'm not holding my breath. Was glad to see the band live in 2010 for nostalgia, and Stapp sounded pretty stinkin' good that night too. If the guys want to release a new album they'll make it happen in due time.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I'm sure an Elvis vs. Kurzweg debate ensued :lol it's kind of sad but I would rather have an awesome Creed album than a rushed EP. That's just me.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

JaredWard wrote:I'm sure an Elvis vs. Kurzweg debate ensued :lol it's kind of sad but I would rather have an awesome Creed album than a rushed EP. That's just me.
Agreed. If such a thing can even exist anymore. I would prefer Elvis not touch Creed. I'd like to get him off the next AB record too, just to see. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

jripper420

Post by jripper420 »

How about we forget about Kurzweg vs Elvis and we get a new producer. Someone who will shake things up. I thought the production value in Full Circle Blew and it was obvious by the recycled lyrics that made each song sound the same in meaning and arrangement. Also Howard Benson is NOT a good producer. I cant stand his albums, they all sound the same. How about a guy like RICK RUBIN...fUCK eLVIS NOW THAT A PRODUCER !!!

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

I don't go around saying so, and so is a bad producer because I think anyone who has the balls to throw their hat into a creative arena deserves some modicum of respect, but...

I've never heard a poorly produced Rick Rubin album. I'm just saying.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ashlee wrote:I don't go around saying so, and so is a bad producer because I think anyone who has the balls to throw their hat into a creative arena deserves some modicum of respect, but...

I've never heard a poorly produced Rick Rubin album. I'm just saying.
Wasn't Metallica's Death Magnetic got a little flak for being somewhat poorly produced? That was an album produced by Rick Rubin.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

It was still a #1 album. lol The material has to be there.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

And I think Death Magnetic mostly got screwed during the mastering.. I don't know if Rubin was responsible for that.
I haven't heard the album in ages though, so I've got no idea how the mixing was..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Mastering can't do that to a snare drum. It sounded shit. Rick Rubin has done some amazing albums but from what I hear he's more like a guidance counciler for musical direction. Someone else usually does the mixing.

Having said that Audioslave and Toxicity are perfectly mixed. Both have power, clarity and a focus on simplicity.