Post by Macca »

nagpo wrote:why
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Scott's Book Excerpt

Post by Ryan »

i was gonna go to stapp's book signing tonight to do two things:
1. pick up the book because i'm interested after being a Creed fan from 1997 to now.
2. finally get a picture with the guy and his autograph. i've never met him. been to well over 15 Creed shows and never had the chance to meet him, even with my backstage pass at the last Creed show earlier this year. I wanted to get my Blue Collar MOP cd signed by him. I can get the other 3 signatures easily. just need his.

i didn't end up going though. too far to drive. picked up the book though. i'll be reading it over the next few days.
Photobucket cash grab.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

How are people finding it so far? I'm a big fan of rock bios and have read a few good and a few bad ones over the years so I don't necessarily want to shell out $30 on a hard cover if Stapp's gonna be all preachy or pin all his problems on someone else.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

i cant find this fucking book anywhere!!
Thanks Andy!

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Micky wrote:i cant find this fucking book anywhere!!
http://www.amazon.com/Sinners-Creed-Sco ... ners+creed... I found it for you.

Can someone review this for me? It seems quite expensive to buy in the UK and I've just started my uni course so I'm up to my neck in books I need to read already, without adding more to the list.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I had to go to two different book stores to get it...and both were the same chain he was doing the signing at. Thought that was ridiculous.
Photobucket cash grab.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

NytestrykerZ wrote:How are people finding it so far? I'm a big fan of rock bios and have read a few good and a few bad ones over the years so I don't necessarily want to shell out $30 on a hard cover if Stapp's gonna be all preachy or pin all his problems on someone else.
Well, there is not a page that the word "God" does not show up. He makes it clear how important his religion is to him for sure. He is brutally honest in this book about who did what and all that. He takes blame, but he also lets it be known that he wasn't the only one who was behaving like an idiot at times.

All this time people believed it was just him that was the cause of the creed break up, but the other three guys are not completely innocent either.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I think the 'God' thing could wear on me a bit but honesty is good. One of my favorite parts about Clapton's book was that he owned up to all of his shortcomings and problems. In a lot of the bios I've read they either completely avoid the darker days or are quick to pass the buck onto someone else.

If he's forthcoming though I think it could be an interesting read. I've always been curious about the goings-on in the darker days in the early '00s.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

He certainly spends most of the time talking about the abuse he suffered as a child. He talks a lot about the drugs and why he took them, he explains the meaning to some songs, he explains his sucide attempt. He talks about his life long battle with depression and his shitty relationship with his family. You get a taste as to why there isin't a new Creed record out now - because the guys and stapp had to sue wind-up.

You get a taste of Tremonti also having his own character flaws. He apparently was paranoid and a real passive aggressive asshole some of the times. He and flip felt that stapp did a lot of the bad things he was doing on purpose for attention. Tremonti was the one who kicked Brian out of the band. It was drug related. This was unrelated to the rumor about what brian said about Eddie Vedder and stapp on the radio.

In other words - there is plenty of reason to read it.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Good sell. I'll see if I can track it down.

Peyton
Bought The CDs

Post by Peyton »

I have a niece and a nephew who are huge Creed fans too... and both have birthdays this month... so as part of their bday stuff... I got a copy for each of them... and one for myself... for when there's an ice storm or something and I actually have time to read it..

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

BSC wrote:
Micky wrote:i cant find this fucking book anywhere!!
http://www.amazon.com/Sinners-Creed-Sco ... ners+creed... I found it for you. quote]

that was awfully nice of you.
Thanks Andy!

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

chtimixeur wrote:What I get from those snippets is that Stapp is still quite hurt by the first Creed break-up. What I think is that he was never able to listen to Alter Bridge, and as a consequence, he has no idea this band is quite successful in Europe. When Creed reunited, he probably thought this was a brand new start (pun intended), and that Creed would be everyone's number one priority, just like in the old days.

He also talks seems to be talking a LOT about money. I thought he was still loaded, but it seems to me he's living above his means (that happens to a lot of former music and sport stars).
I just got done reading the few pages that talk about him having financial problems and I have to say that I was quite surprised to read that. You would think that given his age and his financial status that he would have a certain level of responsibility when it comes to managing his money. I don't quite think that he is living beyond its means per se, I just think that he is living check to check and like I said I was quite surprised to read that. It seems to me like he lives month-to-month counting on money that he has not yet received, then when something happens and he does not receive the money that he was planning on getting it screws him financially. I am also surprised that he does not seem to have any savings to help cover himself when certain things do not go through. I mean for things to get so bad that he has to begin selling his personal items in order to keep himself afloat that says quite a bit.

One of the things that I was taught when I was a kid very early on was never to live or plan anything based on things you have not received yet, or counting your chickens before they hatch so they say I'm surprised that even with his status Scott still struggles with some financial difficulty even though in large part he is still relatively young and in his creative prime.

On another note Scott's stepfather really seems like he is a Dick. I mean to tell your son that you don't want him to have an outburst in a negative way is one thing and to a certain extent that is understandable but to tell him that you do not want him to express any kind of emotion be it negative or positive otherwise you're going to beat him is really fucked up. I remember watching the Creed Behind the Music back in the early 2000's and thinking "geez that is a pretty strict childhood to be made to copy scripture from the Bible as punishment" but it didn't seem like his father really took things as far as he does.

I haven't bought the book yet but believe me I really want to, between this book and the special edition deluxe Blu-ray release of Led Zeppelin Celebration Day it's going to set me back at least 100 bucks, maybe if I can i'll pick it up around Christmas time. I definitely want to read the book and while it makes me cringe a little bit reading the things that Scott has to say about Mark I think that by the end of the book in certain respects I will have a newfound respect for Scott

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Wow...really interesting to finally hear Scott's side of things. For anyone questioning whether to get the book or not, I honestly think its worth it. I'm quite surprised to say the least

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Damn, I want to read this one so much. Can not tear mye eyes from the monitor reading the episodes during work...

Tried to order it... but... while it costs 15$, the delivery to Russia is 30$? WTF!
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Very surprised by the fact that the words "Alter Bridge" and/or "Myles Kennedy" appear nowhere in this book. He just references "Mark's other band" once or twice. I know this is a book about Stapp, but the formation of Alter Bridge in the aftermath of Creed was arguably a pretty big part of his life. It meant Mark & Co. had left him and moved on. Stapp not mentioning the band name or anything like that makes him seem childish, like he is purposely avoiding the subject. I was looking forward to hearing his thoughts, or just one thought, about Myles/AB.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

i was surprized at that too. But he may not mention it strictly because he knows they left him to start something without him, y'know? Probably hurts his pride or whatever.

I loved the sections about Creed though, do like how eveyrbody was put to blame in the book, not just Stapp and we got to hear his side of the story.
Thanks Andy!

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I'm not surprised at all. Keep in mind he's said some good things about Alter Bridge in the past but make no mistake about it... Scott only cares about himself & Creed. He wants Creed as the main priority.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

JaredWard wrote:I'm not surprised at all. Keep in mind he's said some good things about Alter Bridge in the past but make no mistake about it... Scott only cares about himself & Creed. He wants Creed as the main priority.
Your bias is showing. I'm sure the man cares about his family and band mates. He's not a heartless person.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

JaredWard wrote:I'm not surprised at all. Keep in mind he's said some good things about Alter Bridge in the past but make no mistake about it... Scott only cares about himself & Creed. He wants Creed as the main priority.
I would really be surprised if a human being did not want the band (or any other thing, like, company, or whatever) that made him well-known and pretty rich to be relevant or remain the main priority.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019