Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Anyone know what's up? It's been a while. Just curious. :wave

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

There hasn't been a word reported about him or from him since the first of this year. I would assume he's getting the help he needs.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

JaredWard wrote:There hasn't been a word reported about him or from him since the first of this year. I would assume he's getting the help he needs.
I really hope this is the case. The alternative is my worst fear about Stapp... but we'll not talk about that right now. I just really hope he's getting help. And even moreso, I hope his family begins to support him again.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

I think it's just been too quiet for him to not be in treatment somewhere. If he was still out and about then his name would have popped up again.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He probably realized during one his sober days that he had a problem when the crazy audio messages were leaked on TMZ.
I guess (and hope) he's doing his 60 days as we speak.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

I think he realized he had a problem after the reports came out that he threatened to kill President Obama. Those reports came out, and then he denied them and came up with a story on Facebook that he had been out to the Betty Ford Center in California and that he was going to produce documents confirming that. Then that next week I think maybe he finally figured out that there were no documents and that he had just made all that up in his mind, and that he had problems. Then he decided to go get help. I was also looking at the court documents around that time, and the divorce proceedings stopped and didn't go anywhere after that point in time. So it seems as though perhaps Scott agreed to enter treatment and Jaclyn decided not to go through with the divorce. I don't know this for sure, as it is just based on speculation and some of the evidence we've seen. But I think if he were dead or out on a drug binge it would be reported by the media.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I wonder if Mark called him.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Roneit wrote:I wonder if Mark called him.
According to Mark's twitter he at least tried to.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

At least Brian talked to him.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Someone on one of the Scott Stapp facebook pages posted that they received a message from a close source confirming that he is in treatment but has a long way to go. Take it for what it's worth, but the lady who posted it seems to be truthful.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm hoping he's in treatment just based on the fact everything has been quiet for a while now.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

For all that was reported, with amphetamines, meth and more, he will be in treatment for long, i just hope he doesn't get further damaged there.

I've had a few close friends go through this. And while they come out clean, in some cases the conventional concept of "God" is almost beaten down into them, works cuz you have something else to hold on to, but it gets a little too much at times. With Stapp's already heavy inclination towards his faith, which in recent years imo has affected him as a musician, I hope he is getting a neutral treatment, and not something faith based. But then again, whatever works for the guy to be healthy again. I just hope his confidence doesn't fall back to the levels it had. The guy seemed to be doing fine stage presence wise towards the later part of his POL tour regardless of how meh the music was. i just hope he doesn't retract into a shell again.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Them Bones wrote:For all that was reported, with amphetamines, meth and more, he will be in treatment for long, i just hope he doesn't get further damaged there.

I've had a few close friends go through this. And while they come out clean, in some cases the conventional concept of "God" is almost beaten down into them, works cuz you have something else to hold on to, but it gets a little too much at times. With Stapp's already heavy inclination towards his faith, which in recent years imo has affected him as a musician, I hope he is getting a neutral treatment, and not something faith based. But then again, whatever works for the guy to be healthy again. I just hope his confidence doesn't fall back to the levels it had. The guy seemed to be doing fine stage presence wise towards the later part of his POL tour regardless of how meh the music was. i just hope he doesn't retract into a shell again.
I agree, especially about the part with getting a neutral treatment.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

As a Christian I would politely disagree. His problems are definitely not from a belief in God or Christ but rather a lifetime (or majority of) of abuse, mistrust, etc.

I'd just like to know what caused him to break this last time. The guy gave hundreds of promo tours for his new album and it was the clearest he had sounded in years. If I had to pin one of the reasons down I would speculate it was how poorly his tour and album was doing. I remember being in the venue in Lexington, KY that holds about 1,000 people and there were literally only 5 rows deep of people with a few guys in the crowd simply there to make fun of him throughout the show. It was an amazing sight considering just 12 years earlier I was watching him and Creed play sold out arenas.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

God didn't cause his problems, drugs and alcohol did. He needs drugs and alcohol out of his life, not God.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Well...I think we've talked about this before and it wasn't a item of discussion that wasn't particularly popular. So I'll just disagree with you guys and leave it at that
Seeker_1306 wrote: I'd just like to know what caused him to break this last time. The guy gave hundreds of promo tours for his new album and it was the clearest he had sounded in years. If I had to pin one of the reasons down I would speculate it was how poorly his tour and album was doing. I remember being in the venue in Lexington, KY that holds about 1,000 people and there were literally only 5 rows deep of people with a few guys in the crowd simply there to make fun of him throughout the show. It was an amazing sight considering just 12 years earlier I was watching him and Creed play sold out arenas.
I'm not going to begin claiming I understand the complexities of addiction, but one thing I often hear from people is "once an addict, always an addict." So Stapp condition has been under the surface the entire time. Even in those videos from late last year of him claiming people were out to get him and him at the police station, he seemed to be clear minded. He seems to be able to function to some degree on drugs. I agree with you on the reason why he finally lost it. He probably gave in to the pressures and temptations. Maybe he felt his career was in jeopardy and money was an issues who knows.

lonie
Brand New Start

Post by lonie »

or maybe he found an attorney that urged him to keep a tight lid on everything. I have been threw a situation where I was being lied on so much that I had felony charges brought upon me. Every time more lies came out, I wanted to respond. My attorney advised me to keep my mouth shut until court. It was very hard to do this, but in the end, I was found not guilty and the lying party was shown to be just that....a liar. Let's hope this is the case. I have seen no Prove of any of the accusations. But I have watched his videos, listened to the recordings, and read his post that seem to me to be of a person of sound mind.............. .........just my thoughts.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

but like i said, he seems to be a high functioning addict. so while he may seem sound minded, he can still be on drugs. I mean, the things he mentions in those videos, about how the world is out to get him, some of it seems just too far out there.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Just because the guy could formulate a coherent sentence doesn't mean he was of sound mind. Did you really believe what he said about uncovering the "core of ISIS within [his] own family"?

On an unrelated note, this all makes me wonder how far back his paranoid delusions began to occur. It's quite possible that some of the claims he made in Sinner's Creed were part of those delusions. As I recall, the book mentions how he was cheated out of millions of dollars in royalties -- a story that he repeated throughout his meltdown. This may well be true, but it also may be part of a years-long delusion.

He also describes how Mark told Scott not to walk in front of him on stage. Now, most of us on the board have met Mark in person, and we've seen him to be a nice, humble guy. Do you really think he'd dictate where Scott can and can't walk? Of course, none of us can know what discussions the guys have had behind closed doors. But consider this: Creed breaks up, Mark starts Alter Bridge, invites Brian back into the band, and later starts his own solo project. Scott sees this as a threat, as if Mark is trying to steal the spotlight from Scott. It's possible that this morphed into a larger delusion about Mark trying take over, run the band as a "dictatorship", etc. Something to think about.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Seeker_1306 wrote:As a Christian I would politely disagree. His problems are definitely not from a belief in God or Christ but rather a lifetime (or majority of) of abuse, mistrust, etc.

I'd just like to know what caused him to break this last time. The guy gave hundreds of promo tours for his new album and it was the clearest he had sounded in years. If I had to pin one of the reasons down I would speculate it was how poorly his tour and album was doing. I remember being in the venue in Lexington, KY that holds about 1,000 people and there were literally only 5 rows deep of people with a few guys in the crowd simply there to make fun of him throughout the show. It was an amazing sight considering just 12 years earlier I was watching him and Creed play sold out arenas.
Hi there,

I don't think anybody meant that God is his problem. Am sure his God is a very good reason he is still alive. All I was trying to say is that a lot of times rehabs make you go through an overdose of conventional religious preaching. Ultimately, the problem is not just alcohol, its the tendency to develop addiction, for anything. My point being, they make you latch on to God so that you have something else to hold on to, so that your mind gets diverted. But an "addiction to God" only to get you over your addiction to any substance is again a manipulation of your addiction problem. I am agnostic, but I do respect all who have their strong beliefs and faith.Its good that people find positivity, hope and faith in their respective beliefs, but sometimes it can go overboard in treatments centres and I feel a neutral treatment is better.
Last edited by Them Bones on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..