Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by austinjhnsn »

Mmmm das nice
Thanks Timo!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

What a bunch of posers with their guitars lol.
Sounds interesting tho

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

New single "The Madness" is out. I'm digging it :)

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

alterbridge86 wrote:New single "The Madness" is out. I'm digging it :)

I like it. I'm glad to hear that Scott doesn't sound like he is singing with marbles in his mouth anymore or like he's trying to swallow his tongue. Big improvement I think, as long as he does this right and doesn't try to get his new band to play Creed songs then he will have a decent shot at establishing a new identity for himself and have some new found success

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Damn this is much better than his second solo record in some respects. His voice does not seem as over produced. I wonder who is producing the record?

It's definitely Stapp writing the lyrics on this record. I could tell from the parts in the song where he's talking about being lead by an angel on a highway. He's spoken about this in the past. When he was having his mental breakdown and driving across country giving away stuff, he was having illusions of a giant angry angel beating its own hand telling him to do things.

When does the record come out?

rockmusic4ever
Brand New Start

Post by rockmusic4ever »

nagpo wrote:

Damn this is much better than his second solo record in some respects. His voice does not seem as over produced. I wonder who is producing the record?

It's definitely Stapp writing the lyrics on this record. I could tell from the parts in the song where he's talking about being lead by an angel on a highway. He's spoken about this in the past. When he was having his mental breakdown and driving across country giving away stuff, he was having illusions of a giant angry angel beating its own hand telling him to do things.

When does the record come out?
According to this article, the record will come out Spring 2017. No specific date mentioned. It also has the premiere of the music video.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... o-premiere

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Thanks a bunch. The video was pretty good. Turns out Dan Catullo directed it. He also did the Creed dvd.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Music Video is up on YouTube now too :)

Stapp's voice is definitely sounding good here - clearly not Howard Benson's work. Looking forward to hearing more from this album.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Catullo is making money so he can replace my coffee-table-book........................................

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The song is pretty cool. Not "Alter Bridge cool" but far far away from the typical Stapp cheesyness. The vocals are pretty good aswell.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's different for him, and that's a good thing.
I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I hope this is a new beginning for his career.

On a side note, am i the only one finding it odd that :
- he's releasing this new single on the Last hero's release date
- he keeps singing about the Other Side. How uncanny is that ?!!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

chtimixeur wrote:It's different for him, and that's a good thing.
I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I hope this is a new beginning for his career.

On a side note, am i the only one finding it odd that :
- he's releasing this new single on the Last hero's release date
- he keeps singing about the Other Side. How uncanny is that ?!!
Hmm maybe just coincidence?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I know, it's just odd.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

that is quite a coincidence actually.

If it was anyone else, ya sure. But it's a guy with a repeated reputation of being an attention whore and a dick. So I mean, that alone adds fuel.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Amen

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Sounding good so far. Looking forward to the entire album. Does anyone else think it's a bit early to put out a single though? If they're not releasing the album until spring.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I hope they grow and gel as a band. For me its nothing special. It sounds generic. Stapp's vocals seem to have a lotta effects on them, and these power screams are something that he can't pull of live. His old approach to big melodies as a vocalist worked wonders, but hey, that time is never coming back right? For stapp's sake, I hope he takes this opportunity and turns it into something great with these guys. Hoping the album has better songs than this one. His solo band has been ever disappointing. Why stapp? why?
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Just heard the song for the first time. I really wanted to like it, mostly because of Bumblefoot, but I thought it was super generic. Stapp's voice sounds super processed and I think he looks out of place up there. I can't take anything he does seriously anymore. I really feel bad for Bumblefoot that he has to deal with him. First Axl and Weiland, and now this..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

feeling bad for Bumblefoot? he had to deal with axl, weiland and now stapp? Bumblefoot is being part of some of the greatest rock n roll history by being in a band with these guys, no matter how bad their personal lives have been, Axl, Weiland and Stapp are legends. I will still maintain, no matter what he has become now, Stapp's vocals back in the day were phenomenal, his lyric writing was epic and melody work was beyond great. Weiland and Axl are irreplaceable in their respective bands too. Please do not discredit how brilliant musicians these individuals were, everyone goes through different times in their life, as much as I dislike what Stapp does these days, I almost equally dislike Mark's pseudo pre teen metal that he has gotten into. Am shocked with how commercial the latest AB offering sounds and how this album is being put on pedestal by the same people who wanted the band to be less commercial.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..