New Stapp Album/Single

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
Burn It Down

Re: New Stapp Album/Single

Post by nagpo »

Will wrote:Why is Stapp's solo stuff be posted in the Creed Subforum? Just wondering.
Stapp discussion only has one sticky to hold the discussion. People obviously feel the need they more room to discuss it and Creed is the closest board to do that.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

Need more room? I'm confused. cant they just post a thread in "Other Bands/Music" like they would do any other artist?
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Yeah, but people seem to think it goes here since the sticky is in the creed subforum.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

It's not like there's anything else to discuss in the Creed sub-forum at the moment, I'm not sure if it's a topic you need to get your panties in a bunch over.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Does anyone know how this song is doing on the charts, or whether it's being played at all by radio stations?

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

BSC wrote:It's not like there's anything else to discuss in the Creed sub-forum at the moment, I'm not sure if it's a topic you need to get your panties in a bunch over.
if your not sure than shut up.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

creed009 wrote:Does anyone know how this song is doing on the charts, or whether it's being played at all by radio stations?
This is the first official week to be released to the radio. We will know better next week.

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Still the "Full Circle" voice.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Stapp already released his next single "New Day Coming": http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ce=twitter

Well it's bloody commercial, even more than Slow Suicide. At first I even thought it was a YouTube commercial before the video would start :/
Nevertheless his voice sounds more natural and really well here, which is something I thought was good about the song.

At least Slow Suicide seems to be doing well, on US ITunes it's #6 on Rock Chart AND on Pop Chart as well.

Stapp also talks about Creed in the Billboard article: "Right now I think we're all just focused on what we're doing. When it's organic and when it can be fulfilling and joyful and real and not so much about what managers and record companies want, I think definitely the door's open for that."

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Finaldecision wrote:Stapp already released his next single "New Day Coming": http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ce=twitter

Well it's bloody commercial, even more than Slow Suicide. At first I even thought it was a YouTube commercial before the video would start :/
Nevertheless his voice sounds more natural and really well here, which is something I thought was good about the song.

At least Slow Suicide seems to be doing well, on US ITunes it's #6 on Rock Chart AND on Pop Chart as well.

Stapp also talks about Creed in the Billboard article: "Right now I think we're all just focused on what we're doing. When it's organic and when it can be fulfilling and joyful and real and not so much about what managers and record companies want, I think definitely the door's open for that."
Is "New Day Coming" actually a single or just a song that he released early?

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Dunno who's song it is but someone named Todd Clark sings "New Day Coming" as well lol

[youtube]http://youtu.be/iX7XPjXwlKE[/youtube]

I have to admit some of the clips where Scott is singing softly reminds me of his former self but 70-80% sound cheesy.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

:facepalm
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

JaredWard wrote:Dunno who's song it is but someone named Todd Clark sings "New Day Coming" as well lol

[youtube]http://youtu.be/iX7XPjXwlKE[/youtube]

I have to admit some of the clips where Scott is singing softly reminds me of his former self but 70-80% sound cheesy.
So, Stapp reused a song? Why would he do that? I swear I've heard that chorus before. Looks like I wasn't crazy.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

I thought it just sounded like he co-wrote the song with Todd Clark. This wasn't a remake or something that Scott stole from him.

mastermyx
Bought The CDs

Post by mastermyx »

Still the "Full Circle" voice.
After listening to multiple clips of Scott's new music, I believe that to be how Howard Benson produces his voice. The effect is very similar to John Cooper's vocals on Skillet records. While recording Full Circle, Scott's voice may have been fried, but I think Benson's producing added to the weirdness. Daughtry has similar processing on his vocals from Benson. I think it's the way he choruses vocals and how he treats pitch correcting. I hope to hear some new tunes when Scott tours a bit in November, perhaps some acoustic without effects in the way.

InternalStorm
Brand New Start

Post by InternalStorm »

What??!! This is getting more ridiculous by the second. I really hope that this is Scott's song, but more and more this seems like a total record company pop album and nothing to do with the organic music making process that Scott seems to be talking about.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

InternalStorm wrote:What??!! This is getting more ridiculous by the second. I really hope that this is Scott's song, but more and more this seems like a total record company pop album and nothing to do with the organic music making process that Scott seems to be talking about.

I couldn't agree more. This is ridiculous. A song thats been there since May, how can Stapp put it on his album? I am sure this album is not Stapp's album, its more like Wind-up trying to cash in on him. Am heavily disappointed.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

This album sounds like it's gonna be bubblegum garbage.
Cookie cutter modern rock without any edge.

I'm still have some slight hope for 3 songs though : Proof of Life, Crash and Dying to Live. The other ones sound awful. Jesus Was a Rockstar may still be a hit on Christian radio though, but this whole kind of music is definitely not for me.

When i think of it, it's quite sad : Stapp used to be a unique singer who helped Wind-up become a big label. Now, he sounds like a Wind-up puppet.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Maybe this album will gain him some money and in the aftermath (say 2015) he will release the album we were hoping for. Without the pressure of that stupid Wind-Up assholes.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Are you kidding? At the rate in which stapp goes, we wont get a third album till 2020.