facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Summer 2024 Tour and Summer of '99 and Beyond festival

Post by facelessman07 »

scarecrow wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:04 pm
facelessman07 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:59 pm
scarecrow wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:12 pm
facelessman07 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:05 pm
scarecrow wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:12 pm one of my favorite podcasts in the world (flightless bird - a new zealand documentarian living in america covering very *american* things) just released this episode yesterday - it tracks with what's being discussed in this thread. that scott is getting more political and more christian with his banter as the tour goes on. it was extremely minimal at the first show in green bay.

we all know mark is not into organized religion and is more or less a centrist (if not leaning left). i can't help but think this may not bode well for the future of creed. this is obviously speculation but given the lack of disparity in the setlists i can imagine them already being at the point of not speaking again. hoping i'm wrong, also hoping that scott reigns in his bullshit a little bit. he's entitled to do it, of course, but i have a hard time believing he's speaking for all 4 members.

fwiw i am far left and the podcast host is pretty left too and i found the episode very open-minded. david is clear that he was a big fan as a teenager, still is a fan, loved the show, but the environment and the banter left him feeling a bit weird.

(it's also available on your favorite streaming service if you'd prefer to not use youtube)

| | |
v v v
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXJo_8RW-A
Don’t think I’ve ever met a lefty who sports a thin blue line patch.

Would be a first.
lmao the democrats' presidential candidate is a cop.

that flag / patch certainly took on a different meaning circa 2020. has mark used it since then? i'm pretty sure he hasn't - please correct me if i'm wrong.
The meaning depends on who you ask. I'm a first responder, a paramedic to be exact, so it has a different meaning for me than it does for others.

He also started rocking the Down syndrome patch around that same time, so it essentially replaced the thin blue line.

He also used to have an American patch on his strap post 9/11. The fact that it's no longer there, does that imply he no longer supports America? Of course not.

Yes, Kamala, serving as a cop, sent to jail people who used marijuana. I thought Tulsi did a great job of exposing how poor a candidate she was 4 years ago.
tulsi is a fuckin maniac and a blatant opportunist. but i'm not voting in november. i don't believe in our electoral system, both parties are right of center, and every president of my lifetime is a war criminal. change happens at a grassroots level, in your own community. a reformist i am not.

btw myles writes than more about the environment. he's on the record as being anti-trump and a couple alter bridge songs can easily be read that way. also, 'wayward one' is pretty clearly about urban sprawl, segregation, and systemic racism.

anyway, i'm glad there's a wide variety of political and religious beliefs between the ab / creed camp. it adds tension and makes the music more interesting. ultimately i just want everyone to get along on a human level and understand that we're all the same and no life is worth more than any other.
My worldview is a Christian one so the sanctity of life and the belief that we are all created equal is foundational to my beliefs.

I also believe the Constitution is a pristine document that promotes life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness so when those ideals are threatened, I don’t care much for it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

scarecrow wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:04 pm anyway, i'm glad there's a wide variety of political and religious beliefs between the ab / creed camp. it adds tension and makes the music more interesting. ultimately i just want everyone to get along on a human level and understand that we're all the same and no life is worth more than any other.
That's a good point. We certainly wouldn't have Words Darker Than Their Wings if everyone had similar views when it comes to faith or politics.

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

Post by Addicted To Pain »

That is a wrap!
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Addicted To Pain wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:02 am That is a wrap!
It's back in November though.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dang, I was hoping for an AB New Year's Eve show. It's going to be Creed in Vegas, with Sevendust on New Year's Eve. Two nights.

https://x.com/MarkTTremonti/status/1842683268757422520

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

i wish they would film this and stream it on netflix or something

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Did anyone see the below tour data?
Not sure how to gauge but looks like it was pretty successful. Lots of money.
https://x.com/touringdata/status/184160 ... hhaPQ5134Q
SUMMER OF '99, @Creed
$43,693,247 Revenue ($1,248,378 avg.)
590,352 Tickets Sold (16,867 avg.)
$74.01 Average Price
35/35 Reported Shows
#BoxOffice
I do wonder how much of that revenue the Band gets.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Probably not as high as one would think. I think, just based on what general practices in what is needed in order for a tour to happen, maybe the band gets paid an amount, guaranteed, regardless of how much revenue the shows generate in ticket sales.

I do wonder if there are bonuses for them if they hit certain metrics (x amount of sold out shows, x amount of revenue generated, etc.).