The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

I watched the video, and you can tell the band is starting to gel.
They're starting to become a unit, and the lead guitar player is technically way better than Mark.
But that doesn't mean he knows how to write a song. Only time will tell if he can be Stapp's new writing partner.

As to Stapp's vocals, well, if I'm being honest, he was quite awful in both What if and Faceless Man. He was even "pitchier" than usual.
Unfortunately, it just shows us his voice can't be strong for more than 2 or 3 weeks once a tour starts.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote: and the lead guitar player is technically way better than Mark.

Lolwut?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Look at him shreeding on his youtube videos. He's a monster.
Mark is a great player, but he's not as technical, plus he misses some notes here and there live.
But as I said, what matters the most is the ability to write a good song, and this dude hasn't proven a thing in this departement.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote:Look at him shreeding on his youtube videos. He's a monster.
Mark is a great player, but he's not as technical, plus he misses some notes here and there live.
Yes he is an amazing guitarist but I would not put him above Tremonti. I think they are on the same level tho.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Mark definitely has more punch and personality when he's playing. But shredding-wise, he can't compete IMHO.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

This guy isn't as technical as Mark, we've all seen videos of Mark doing what he can do. And in those You Tube videos he sounds sloppy. Go look at Steve Vai shredding, then look at this guy. Like Mr. Slash said they are equals not one over the other. Plus Mark more than likely could write circles around him, remember Mark has been on record many times stating that he is a song writer not a shredder.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Short presentation of the band
[youtube]http://youtu.be/8_mUVJcSmSs[/youtube]

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Hmm...I might have to go see Stapp live, what, with them coming so close to where I'm from.

Although honestly, it's just because I want to see some Creed songs played live, considering I'm not sure if I will ever get to hear Creed play live again.
Last edited by cheesedip1 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

chtimixeur wrote:Wikipedia Fact or Fiction
[youtube]http://youtu.be/GNTO2orJs3I[/youtube]
You know what's disgusting? The way Scott tried to make Mark, Brian and Flip look bad a few years back, when Creed V didn't happen, even though it turned out to be his fault.

I know the guy has mental issues, but fuck... I hope for Mark, Brian and Flip that they get out of that contractual last Creed record.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:Wikipedia Fact or Fiction
[youtube]http://youtu.be/GNTO2orJs3I[/youtube]
You know what's disgusting? The way Scott tried to make Mark, Brian and Flip look bad a few years back, when Creed V didn't happen, even though it turned out to be his fault.

I know the guy has mental issues, but fuck... I hope for Mark, Brian and Flip that they get out of that contractual last Creed record.
That post was kinda random.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol yea, I felt like it needed to be given more attention, since everybody ignored his confession.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Timotheus wrote: You know what's disgusting? The way Scott tried to make Mark, Brian and Flip look bad a few years back, when Creed V didn't happen, even though it turned out to be his fault.

Perhaps Stapp has truly changed now tho? I would hope so, considering the things he has been through lately. But who knows.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What happened to his supergroup that was supposed to be announced in late February or early March ?

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:What happened to his supergroup that was supposed to be announced in late February or early March ?
Exactly what I was thinking today. Didn't he have a big announcement?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

cheesedip1 wrote:
Timotheus wrote: You know what's disgusting? The way Scott tried to make Mark, Brian and Flip look bad a few years back, when Creed V didn't happen, even though it turned out to be his fault.

Perhaps Stapp has truly changed now tho? I would hope so, considering the things he has been through lately. But who knows.
haha.

Let's hope, for the 9th time, he's changed. I have more reliance in DC3 shipping me my AB box set on time than Stapp having "changed" or "found God." He's just egotistical and knows that saying those things convinces himself that he's still relevant.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Since Stapp news are pretty slow these days, here is a video from a clinic held by his new guitar player :
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Az8KabStt4g[/youtube]
Not only can he play with incredible ease, but he's very expressive with his instrument.
I hope we'll hear him on Stapp's next solo album.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

AB23 wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:

haha.

Let's hope, for the 9th time, he's changed. I have more reliance in DC3 shipping me my AB box set on time than Stapp having "changed" or "found God." He's just egotistical and knows that saying those things convinces himself that he's still relevant.
It's still possible though.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Not impossible but definitely improbable. I sincerely doubt Mark or any of them would even consider working with him again, regardless of what they say in interviews. I think Mark is a very forgiving person and is always to give someone another shot personally, but professionally? Later with that.

cesargil
Brand New Start

Post by cesargil »

chtimixeur wrote:What happened to his supergroup that was supposed to be announced in late February or early March ?
I'm asking the same. Unfortunately we can't believe on what he says.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

cesargil wrote:
I'm asking the same. Unfortunately we can't believe on what he says.
Scott responded to someone asking that question. See below:
Fan: @ScottStapp Hey Scott, any news on the new band yet?
Scott: @NOD134 Still in recording, soon.

It will be interesting to see who it is. Anyone got any scoops?