Could Creed still play arenas in the USA ?

A place for all Creed discussion.
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Could Creed still play arenas in the USA ?

Post by Them Bones »

anguyen92 wrote:^^ Yeah, I, somehow, forgot that those guys that could do arenas on their own. Rush, too. My point was that there is just no way I can see Creed do arenas on their own and that they may need to co-headline with another act to do amphitheater/arena numbers.

IMO, Creed could easily, very easily infact fill arenas, if, and only if they bring that fire and passion they once had back to the band.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Them Bones wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:^^ Yeah, I, somehow, forgot that those guys that could do arenas on their own. Rush, too. My point was that there is just no way I can see Creed do arenas on their own and that they may need to co-headline with another act to do amphitheater/arena numbers.

IMO, Creed could easily, very easily infact fill arenas, if, and only if they bring that fire and passion they once had back to the band.
Highly doubt this. America despises Creed. No one really wants to hear With Arms Wide Open or Higher anymore.

Like Alter Bridge, Creed has a fan base but not big enough for 12,000 people. A Co headlining tour with Staind or another 90's band that had huge success would probably work if they promoted it right

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AllC392Was wrote:Highly doubt this. America despises Creed.
America "despises" Nickelback as well. Doesn't stop them from selling out arenas.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don't think you can really bounce back after taking so many breaks though. Nickelback still sells well here because they're always pushing their brand. I saw Creed at Blossom Music Center in 2010. That place holds around 20,000, and there was somewhere around 8,000-10,000 there (that's me completely guessing based upon how many open spots I saw). But they were selling tickets for $10 and $20 on that tour. I don't think they sold near as many seats in 2012 when tickets were back up to normal $50+ range.

Creed doesn't have a legacy of a band like Black Sabbath who can not tour for years and then come back and instantly sell out large arenas. Most of the bands in that late 90s post grunge era fell off the map popularity wise. Those style of bands got massively popular based off a handful of songs, and their popularity died when music videos and rock radio dropped off. I just don't see Creed selling how they used to ever again. And that's not really a knock to Creed, it's just what I see from that general time period of rock music.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

IF Scott's vocals were still respectable, and they came up with another catchy tune or 2, I honestly don't think they'd have a problem. But the way things stand now, that'll never happen. Creed successfully crossed over from grunge to more mainstream rock and adult top 40, and that crap still does well even in today's era of dying music. People loved and still love Creed for a reason. But listening to them 12 years ago compared to 2 years ago, its almost like listening to a different band. Had I been introduced to Creed around the reunion I would've never become a fan

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

facelessman07 wrote:Had I been introduced to Creed around the reunion I would've never become a fan
I think this is the big issue. A band with 3 albums can't just start selling out arenas again by making mediocre music moving forward. They have to gain new fans to become relevant again.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Andy92 wrote:
facelessman07 wrote:Had I been introduced to Creed around the reunion I would've never become a fan
I think this is the big issue. A band with 3 albums can't just start selling out arenas again by making mediocre music moving forward. They have to gain new fans to become relevant again.

Thats what am saying, if they can make that magic happen again(which in all likely hood wont happen), they can do it all over..(no pun intended)
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote:f Leppard). So the question would be which band would be suitable to tour with Creed to get those numbers?
Bill Cosby.

rexxjj
Brand New Start

Post by rexxjj »

In 2002, I saw Creed at our shed/amphitheater in Nashville. I had to pay $120/each for general admission lawn seats to the sold out show. Jam-packed, huge demand.

In 2009, I saw them in Atlanta at their shed, and it was packed, probably sold out or very close.

later In 2009, I saw them at our 18k seat arena. Not sold out, but probably 10-12k.

In 2012, they did the Human Clay album deal at the Ryman Auditorium. Capacity is about 2,200. The place was half full. It was a great show, but really sad to see the poor attendance.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think 2009 sold well because it was their first run of shows. Then 2010 sold well because tickets were only $20 GA or $10 lawn seating. Then when 2012 came around, everyone had lost interest to see them again for high ticket prices.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

facelessman07 wrote:IF Scott's vocals were still respectable, and they came up with another catchy tune or 2, I honestly don't think they'd have a problem. But the way things stand now, that'll never happen. Creed successfully crossed over from grunge to more mainstream rock and adult top 40, and that crap still does well even in today's era of dying music. People loved and still love Creed for a reason. But listening to them 12 years ago compared to 2 years ago, its almost like listening to a different band. Had I been introduced to Creed around the reunion I would've never become a fan
I don't see them ever making a major impact on the radio again. I'm struggling to think of any radio genre that would make a good home for the kinds of songs that made Creed famous. Top 40 doesn't play rock, period. Rock stations avoid Creed because they're lame. Maybe Adult Contemporary, but that leaves them with the same audience as Daughtry, and most of that demographic doesn't go to concerts.