So, Creed V's producer(s) are....

A place for all Creed discussion.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: So, Creed V's producer(s) are....

Post by Andy92 »

nagpo wrote:These people need to get their priorities straight.
I think their priorities are straight. They just hold Alter Bridge as a higher priority. lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AlterBlade
White Knuckled

Post by AlterBlade »

The fact that they STILL haven't entered the studio yet is what aggravates me. I'm not even expecting a new Creed album or any new Creed songs for a good few years at this point.
I still live.... #2024
Vote: AlterBlade

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Me neither.
I'll copy and paste what I wrote at Creed nation yesterday.
Here is what's ahead of us for the next year :
- july 2012 - september 2012 : Creed tour
- september 2012 - november 2012 : solo project tour for Mark, book tour for Stapp
- mid november 2012 - december : nothing, but remember Mark likes to spend some time with his family during this time of year
- december 2012 - february 2013 : AB IV writing with Myles
- february 2013 : solo project tour
- march 2013 - may 2013 : probably studio time with Elvis to record AB IV
- summer 2013 : beginning of a probably 1 year long Alter Bridge tour

So anyone can see there is no proper slot for Creed to write songs, go into preproduction, record in the studio, mix and master the album, and then promote it for a few months in the USA.

Creed is not their n°1 priority, anyone can see that. If that were the case, at least the first half of 2013 would have been 100% about Creed's new record and tour.

Creed 2014 y'all :P

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

As much as I want this album, I think we should chill out. It will come

These dates can change. I think the AB stuff will be pushed back to mid 2013, since marks solo was delayed a lot (wasn't he meant to finish that in Jan)

If we go nuts and question the guys on everything they do, it will create tension and make things worse.

I just hope they don't stretch themselves too much and end up rushing the new album in order to fit in more tour dates and other projects.

hope they take their time and make something great.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

chtimixeur wrote: - december 2012 - february 2013 : AB IV writing with Myles
- february 2013 : solo project tour
- march 2013 - may 2013 : probably studio time with Elvis to record AB IV
Slash wants to tour with Myles in February/March. He mentioned that in a interview with some German site.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

So that's probably when Mark is gonna tour his solo project once again. I thought it was only february.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I hope that they would have a few weeks between end of Myles/Slash tour (last show 27 November) and... another Slash/Myles tour in February. Then they would finish recording in April/May and release later next year.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I'm honestly expecting to see Alter Bridge's next album before Creed's next one at this point. Them not hitting the studio in June/July for Creed like they originally intended basically pushed that album back a bit. Not sure I'd want them releasing a new album without time to tour it either personally.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

To be honest, I think Alter Bridge will be pushed back. Don't know, maybe they'll get together early 2013 to write and then Creed will be back, something like that.

We cannot trust in the timeline those guys make, they never make it right.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Maybe I'm missing something, but what exactly is this source? And is it legitimate?

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Source is a post tremonti replied to on twitter.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Just to clear things up about promotion... the reason why Michael posts AB/Slash/Projected/Tremonti only is because of the whole twitter bs that happened with Stapp and most likely the label several months back. Most fans know about that already but basically he was trying to unite the fan bases & it back fired unfortunately. Those who are friends with him on Facebook & follow him know that he's still a huge Creed fan.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Great to see nem members joining the discussion and posting their opinions respectfully. We 'd like to make this a positive place where people feel confortable and welcomed.

As far as Elvis... I like his work. I'm actually not a a fan of the over layering in ABIII, at some point, the songs are just noise. But I really like what he did with Blackbird and that's the ideal AB sound, imo.

As for Kurzweg, it's great to have him back! I was waiting for this to happen.

I don't understand much of the recording process, but I understand Mark values Elvis as a great partner in arrangements and so on. If it was not for Elvis, we wouldn't have "The Things I've Seen", for example. And it's Elvis that pushes Myles to record the long, high notes every time.

So I'm sure he's a great producer, but the mixing isn't what most of you are expecting. And who's responsable for it? Is it Elvis too?

Anyway, as far as priorites, to be quite honest, I've read rumours of Wind-Up doing very poorly financially and I don't if they're able to invest and pay for a new Creed album. Or maybe they're under negotiations to be acquired for another label and the contracts stuff if taking too long. Who knows?

Mark touring his solo album in UK and Australia does sound like a surprise but I'm sure he wouldn't book any dates that were already compromised with Creed.

Or maybe the Creed tour in South America won't happen and they'll use the dates to record the album?

Anyway, don't suffer in anticipation. Let the ball roll, guys! I'd rather wait for a good, solid rock album than to have something rushed delivered and that doesn't meet my expectations.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Marcos wrote: So I'm sure he's a great producer, but the mixing isn't what most of you are expecting. And who's responsable for it? Is it Elvis too?
Brian Sperber mixed Blackbird and ABIII .... Elvis mixed All I Was.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I think everyone, EVERYONE is forgetting one major thing about this "production" bullshit..

Mark changed pretty much all of his gear after Blackbird and added alot of new pedals. Which he uses on the records.. Production/arrangement aside.. Mark's tone and effects arent really all that down to Elvis on recent works.

#justsayin

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Andy92 wrote:Yeah I'm honestly expecting to see Alter Bridge's next album before Creed's next one at this point. Them not hitting the studio in June/July for Creed like they originally intended basically pushed that album back a bit. Not sure I'd want them releasing a new album without time to tour it either personally.
You do realize that while they said they had planned to hit the studio they only mentioned having a few songs ready and definitely have never offered a release window for the album. They have always stated they were taking their time with the next Creed album and weren't going to rush it. No plans were made to have it out before the next Ab album, we'd like to believe it would be but they never said it would.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

austin. wrote:Source is a post tremonti replied to on twitter.
While that's a cool concept, it's a bit of a surprise. I talk to Mark now and again, and in Houston he implied he wasn't on board with John. Said "There are lots of other guys out there." Hopefully, no animosity comes from this.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Jhenrid wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Yeah I'm honestly expecting to see Alter Bridge's next album before Creed's next one at this point. Them not hitting the studio in June/July for Creed like they originally intended basically pushed that album back a bit. Not sure I'd want them releasing a new album without time to tour it either personally.
You do realize that while they said they had planned to hit the studio they only mentioned having a few songs ready and definitely have never offered a release window for the album. They have always stated they were taking their time with the next Creed album and weren't going to rush it. No plans were made to have it out before the next Ab album, we'd like to believe it would be but they never said it would.
I never said they had plans to release the next Creed album before the next AB album. It just seemed like the logical thing to do, but recently I'm realizing that may not be their priority.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Andy92 wrote:
Jhenrid wrote:
I never said they had plans to release the next Creed album before the next AB album. It just seemed like the logical thing to do, but recently I'm realizing that may not be their priority.
If they were rushing the album then yeah I could see it coming out before AB but with them trying to go back to how they were years ago is definitely going to take a lot of time. Their mindset and preferences have changed from that time, it's not like they can flip a switch and sound like old creed.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

They're not a good enough band to release an album every 4 years. They need to get one out this year. Or early next year at the latest.