After a month...

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
luke62
White Knuckled

After a month...

Post by luke62 »

After a month or so, what are your favorite song(s) now?

I've really started liking "Giving Up" as of late.

austin.
On The Rail

Re: After a month...

Post by austin. »

I really like the whole album, the only two songs I hadn't liked from the get go were brains and new way out, but now Brains is quickly becoming one of my favorites, but I not once have started my day with New Way Out, just don't love it, too soft for me, needs to be in Creeds catalog.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Giving Up, So Your Afraid, Proof
Probably my tops 3 , but I also really like the whole record.
I usually just put it on and let it ride.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

I keep going back to Leave It Alone, All I Was, and Wish You Well.
It usually just goes on shuffle, because it's a stunning record.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

After a month my excitement for this album kinda died. It made a very good first impression, but after a week I was kinda tired of it already.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I think the album is a masterpiece and my local radio dj's agree, they always talk how "oh youd expect it to be alter bridge and creed mixed but this album is it's own thing and it is perfect"
Very very good album I think, I don't ever go out of my way to skip new way out, I just never am seeking it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I don't really want to be negative, but my interest for this album disappeared pretty quickly. It's still a good album, but the songs are too similar to eachother and I feel like I've heard it all before from Mark in different projects anyway. This album is just a bunch of average Alter Bridge/Creed songs with some heavier riffs wedged in, imo. That's not really a bad thing, but there's not any stand-out songs, like with Alter Bridge songs like Slip, Words, Ghosts, Blackbird, End is Here stand out from the albums.

I haven't listened to All I Was in it's entirety for a long time, my favourite songs are Brains, Decay and Wish You Well. Although, by listening to All I Was my appreciation for Alter Bridge has just increased, and I'm even more excited for AB's next album, unlike before where I wasn't really bothered about it.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

The Things I've Seen, Leave It Alone, Given Up.

I always liked Given Up and at least put it in the top half of the album after one or two listens, but it's the one that has grown on me the most as it's easily up there with the best songs on the album. That bridge is one of the best parts of the album, the heavy riff is great and the verses are a bit different, and it has a great (if not outstanding for Mark) solo and solid outro. I was impressed with Wish You Well immediately probably because it's the most in your face song on the album, but it's pretty one note so gets boring quickly. Also, I initially didn't think much of So You're Afraid but now I think it's really good, maybe in the top half of the album.

So yeah, Given Up and Leave It Alone were the two that really grew to be the best after some time. I loved The Things I've Seen from the very first listen - I guess my appreciation for it waned (or at least didn't grow any more) because it doesn't have too many different parts to it so is pretty easy to get to like in one listen.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

On the first few listens, the usuals really stood out to me: Leave It Alone, So You're Afraid, The Things I've Seen.

I still love those, but Brains, Doesn't Matter, and Decay have really become favorites. Although "favorites" is a relative term. These songs are favorites on this album. Proof would be the best song on lots of albums I own. All I Was is about as good as anything I've heard. It's up there with AB and my other favorite handful of albums ever.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Leave It Alone
So You're Afraid (though I dislike some of the vocal effects, raw is better)
You Waste Your Time
Giving Up (could have been an AB song)
Doesn't Matter
Decay
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

My favorites on this album haven't changed: Proof, Brains, and Decay. I never understood why people don't like Proof, it has a powerful solo (despite being short), it showcases Mark's vocal abilities well, and the outro riff is just as hard as other riffs on the album. Brains has a legendary riff, can't not like it. And Decay is just one of those unexpected favorites of mine. All in all, I love the record. It's pure Mark, nothing else. I know that nobody really likes how he writes his songs in parts, but with this album, it works, and he did a great job.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: [............................]

Post by zazthespaz »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I never understood why people don't like Proof, it has a powerful solo (despite being short), it showcases Mark's vocal abilities well, and the outro riff is just as hard as other riffs on the album.
I don't not like Proof, it's just a little meh for me. The solo and outro are some of my favorite parts on the album, but the rest of the song just seems to have gaps in it that could've been better filled. For instance, the lyrics are too short and you get the same riff over and over again in between. It's a good riff, just not overly exciting. Then the chorus where the opening lines are "LOST" or "GONE" have too much time after them to keep interest. If you're going to make that bold of a statement, follow it up quickly to keep the adrenaline flowing. (my 2 cents) Still a good song, but too much down time
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

prslover wrote:Giving Up, So Your Afraid, Proof
Probably my tops 3 , but I also really like the whole record.
I usually just put it on and let it ride.
Dude same here. But proof with the longer solo it's so dam good. And leave it alone

nicoob
Brand New Start

Post by nicoob »

Decay has really started o stand out for me, I love the chorus! Also the verses of Doesn't Matter.

I am still loving the album, I must say, I have focused much more on the melody and vocals than the guitar, which I think is good.

I love the album!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I stopped listening to the album a couple of days after it came out. Forgettable. Its just not a great album. 1 or 2 songs that I might add to my playlist, but for the most part, its an album that I could easily do without.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Re: [............................]

Post by Rosenblaetter »

zazthespaz wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:I never understood why people don't like Proof, it has a powerful solo (despite being short), it showcases Mark's vocal abilities well, and the outro riff is just as hard as other riffs on the album.
The solo and outro are some of my favorite parts on the album, but the rest of the song just seems to have gaps in it that could've been better filled. (...) Then the chorus where the opening lines are "LOST" or "GONE" have too much time after them to keep interest.
Exactly!

I noticed too that 'Giving Up' grew on me.
I'm not overly excited by the album anymore but I do come back to it from time to time - with much pleasure.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

After a month this album still kicks ass. Now, every song sounds like the best song on the album. I can't really choose one.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Still Leave It Alone and Brains, they're just really good songs that are right up there with the best stuff he's put out.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Leave It Alone and The Things I've Seen are my favorites.

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

I have lost interest fairly quick..
Still like a few though but I fear for the longevity..