TABN.com Citizen

Re: After a month...

Post by nickgordon »

Ive really started to like all i was

Alter Bridge 23
Bought The CDs

Post by Alter Bridge 23 »

dolo1993 wrote:After a month this album still kicks ass. Now, every song sounds like the best song on the album. I can't really choose one.
I agree. Surprised some people are tired of it already. I have had the album on blast since it released and still rocking it. :D

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I'll be honest, I listened to a couple songs when it first came out and kind of passed it by. Since I got into "New Way Out" I've been listening more consistently and say I quite enjoy it. Highlight tracks for me are definitely that one, 'Leave It Alone', 'Wish You Well' (Love the Metallica vibe), 'Proof' (Dat outro riff), 'Decay' (Probably the best vocal on the record), 'Brains' and the title track. Wow, just realized that's seven songs.. apparently I am digging it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Favorites after a month plus are still...

Giving Up
The Things I've Seen
New Way Out
Proof
So You're Afraid

I also think Decay has one of the strongest choruses on the record. But I think the verse is a little weak. I heard Tremonti say on a preview that he had to re-write it in the studio, so I'd hate to hear what it sounded like before.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

After a month, I'm into Leave It Alone, Proof, Decay and my current favourite Brains. I have the CD in my car and it's great to sing along to so I tend to listen to it a few times a week or so.

Has quickly become stagnant though, I don't see it having much longevity.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I'm not sure if stagnant is the word. But I have ejected it from my player a few times this month for my more standard AB, Megadeth, fare. I think that's more due to lack of attention on my part though... SQUIRREL!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'm still playing it all the time, but I'm bummed (though not surprised) how little buzz there is around here for the album. Nothing on radio, no signs of a tour through here. All the momentum that came with the release is fading. Like Decay.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I've been listening to the album steady since my last post here but somehow I completely overlooked 'Giving Up'... I don't think I heard it until today.. sick bridge riff.

And I know what you mean, Greg. I suppose part of it is the fact Mark's doing this all independantly through FRET12. 'All I Was' isn't even available in stores here in Canada. As far as promo goes, Wolfie joining in has certainly been good publicity though.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

gbruin wrote:All the momentum that came with the release is fading. Like Decay.
:facepalm

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Giving Up is one of my 3 or 4 favorite tunes off the album. I think the bridge in it as well as the bridge in Proof (and the solo in Leave It Alone... goes w/o mentioning) are two of the coolest parts of the album.
Altered:

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I honestly kind of lost interest in this album quickly too, but I think a lot of that had to do with all the clips and previews of tracks that were out there. I hate when so much of an album is already out there like that, makes the full release so anti-climactic, like it's just filling in the gaps of the parts we haven't heard yet. So, sad to say, I ended up not really being as rabidly excited for release day as I had been prior to all that.

But in the time since then, especially in the last couple weeks as I prepared to see the live show, my interest in the album has peaked again. I'm now finding myself really going back and diving in headfirst again, paying attention to the details that I had sort of glossed over before.

At the listening party, Giving Up was my immediate favorite. I still find myself going back to that one now, as well as Brains, Decay, and Doesn't Matter.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Desi
Brand New Start

Post by Desi »

I've been listening to the album since it came out and I have to say that some songs didn't grow on me very well, but I loved Giving Up (probably the best guitar riff of the whole album), New Way Out and The Things I've Seen from my very first listen.
02.06. 2011 - Ursynalia Warsaw Student Festival. My first AB show!