Proof meaning?

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
MylesKennedyIsGod
White Knuckled

Proof meaning?

Post by MylesKennedyIsGod »

Proof, at least for me, is the hardest song on the record to find a meaning/interpretation for. Most Tremonti lyrics, at least in my mind, can be interpreted many ways but this song is killing me. I mean I love the lyrics and the melody, don't get me wrong, but what the hell does it mean?!? :shrug
Thanks DonHarry!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Proof meaning?

Post by Ubik »

Apparently about someone that Mark knows who's real talented but tends to waste the chances they get.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Alter Bridge 23
Bought The CDs

Post by Alter Bridge 23 »

I don't know but I love the last 40 seconds of that song. That riff is awesome.

MylesKennedyIsGod
White Knuckled

Post by MylesKennedyIsGod »

Ubik wrote:Apparently about someone that Mark knows who's real talented but tends to waste the chances they get.
Just heard this in the WMMR interview...should have listened to the whole thing hahaha
Thanks DonHarry!

Scarface
White Knuckled

Post by Scarface »

Ubik wrote:Apparently about someone that Mark knows who's real talented but tends to waste the chances they get.
maybe this guy's guitar talent...?? Just speculating.

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

Or his chance to be in Led Zeppelin or Velvet Revolver?

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Yeah.... Cause touring with Slash is really wasting your chances.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yeah, definitely not Myles, one of the hardest working guys around.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

The whole album seems to be based around this kind of theme.

Rampage24
Bought The CDs

Post by Rampage24 »

Mark said in those little mini clips that the whole album is basically a big "FU!" to all the people in the music business that have done him and his band mates wrong. Except "Doesn't Matter" he said that one was a song to say he's somewhat forgiven and forgotten and just wants to move on. Pretty cool stuff and I love those interviews, they show Marks real side I think.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I may be way off, but to me it sounds like alot of this stuff was written at Stapp. Thoughts?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Rampage24
Bought The CDs

Post by Rampage24 »

darkstorm97 wrote:I may be way off, but to me it sounds like alot of this stuff was written at Stapp. Thoughts?
In my personal opinion I don't think any was directly towards him but I could see that he could have been part of the problem possibly that mark is talking about but they know and acknowledge that. I don't think Tremonti would do that IMO. I mean they were/are like best friends haha I did hear that Stapp spent all their life savings on a pyramid scheme when they first started lol

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Speculation over something that actually does has fact behind it, and you don't know the fact itself; is damaging.. Be careful

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: He DID inspire tremonti...

Post by zazthespaz »

Oh then it's obviously about Asa gaston
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Could be EROCK but I kind of don't want to go into why I believe that or who's thoughts made me believe it

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Probably about someone none of us have ever heard of.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Scarface
White Knuckled

Post by Scarface »

Andy92 wrote:Probably about someone none of us have ever heard of.
:yeahthat

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I like how we move from thinking it's about Myles, to Scott to Erock, I think it's about Brian personally...

Mark strikes me as too much of a nice guy to write a song bitching about his friends/bandmates, and I don't see why some of you think he would do so. I agree with Andy, it's probably about some guy we've never heard of, and never will hear of.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Just so that you know BSC I do not think Mark wrote Proof as a means to bitch. I think the song is simply Mark's outside perspective on the particular subject of the song. It just so happens that his perspective took the form of a song.

In regards to me thinking that the song is about EROCK, in no way does that mean that I don't like him, quite the contrary, I think he is an exceptional talent and an absolutely amazing guitarist. My thoughts are based on information from someone that used to frequent the old boards and is still very close to him. It is her opinion and to a certain extent mine that Eric would sit around and wait for opportunities to come to him instead of going out and creating his own. I cannot remember off the top of my head what the name of the band was but I know that they were very big and Eric was offered a spot in that band( it was not Creed) and for one reason or another the opportunity passed him by, I can't say for sure but if I remember correctly it was because he took a little too long to come to a decision.

I came to this conclusion because in the track by track discussion Mark mentions that the song is about someone who is wasting away their talent waiting for opportunity to come to them or something to that effect. Looking back on it I realized that it is highly unlikely that the song is about EROCK because at least for me it would be extremely awkward singing a song written about a person that is standing less than a few feet away from me on stage every night. It was just my spur of the moment thoughts.

I am not talking bad about Eric in any way, I love him and all the music that he creates or assists in creating, especially in Submersed

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I don't really think someone who was endorsed by Fender and Steve Vai at 15 years old was wasting anything...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.