3%
Decay
6%

Total votes: 68

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Re: What's the next single?

Post by Rosenblaetter »

VigilantSteve wrote:Despite the fact that I LOVE both "The Things I've Seen" and "New Way Out", I don't think either of them should be singles for this album. Since this is a much heavier album than his other bands I think he should focus more on heavier songs in order to differentiate this project. Along with "Proof", they're probably the most Creed-ish or Alter Bridge-ish songs. For this reason I'm actually surprised that they are getting so many votes here. "So You're Afraid" or "Brains" I think would do quite well and would be the best picks, in my opinion.
There is no way 'Brains' would be a good radio single.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

:yeahthat

No offense, intro is just to slow and boring to interest a average listener.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

He should stay heavy.. Bringing out a ballad would be the worst thing he could do..

I think Wish You Well would be a good choice, but I think they'll choose So You're Afraid, because that almost became the lead single, and the guys all seem to love it..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

The Things I've Seen

then So You're Afraid
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Brains would obviously be heavily edited for radio

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Jim wrote:Brains would obviously be heavily edited for radio
Definitely, and they could easily cut more than half of the intro and it would still sound fine. It would be a pretty typical radio edit.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The chorus of brains isn't good enough to be a single.. + If they'd edit the song for the radio it would be even a bigger mess than it's now..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Leave It Alone and Decay have the best chorus's.. In my opinion.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Decay's chorus reminds me of a song I heard on some Nickelodeon show. I always have to think about that song when I hear it.. That kinda drags the fun out of it lol..

But yea, Leave it Alone has the best chorus..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

So you're afraid as the next single. People need to hear this powerful song. And people will be singing the chorus all day it's so catchy. Not to mention it's got a killer solo

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I could do with So You're Afraid being chosen. It has a better chorus than Wish You Well for sure, but I still like Wish You Well more as an overall song.

And I think releasing The Things I've Seen or New Way Out is a bad idea as well. Gives a false perception of what the record is as a whole.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:Decay's chorus reminds me of a song I heard on some Nickelodeon show. I always have to think about that song when I hear it.. That kinda drags the fun out of it lol..

But yea, Leave it Alone has the best chorus..
Haha, maybe after Decay's chorus, the chorus of Decay is catchy as fuck :D
But one thing's for sure, Leave It Alone has the best solo on the record, one of the best Mark's written in years. Kinda reminds me of Brand New Start solo.
SoYourAfraid_SDMF wrote:So you're afraid as the next single. People need to hear this powerful song. And people will be singing the chorus all day it's so catchy. Not to mention it's got a killer solo
^ This. I'd like to hear this song sang with Mark and Scott on the vocals. Don't know why, but I think Stapp would kill it in the chorus.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Releasing New Way Out would probably be detrimental more than anything else. Regardless of whether you think it's that much heavier than Alter Bridge, the talk of "This is Mark Tremonti unleashing his heavier side" would seem really stupid if people then heard a song softer and more "commercial" sounding than the majority of Alter Bridge stuff. If it's going to have another single it needs to be one that sells the heavy side, since that's what needs selling.

In general, heavier accessible stuff seems to be a much better bet than soft and accessible stuff. It's not a single to make it huge and appeal to pop listeners, it's something to go out to rock audiences and appeal to the hard rock or metal listeners who might actually be interested in Tremonti. It's why Isolation did better than any other Alter Bridge single, and Metalingus attracted more people than any other song, imo.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

I really don't think leave it alone solo is the best he has written in years after the slow bluesy start its pretty much over before you know it. Id probably say it's the best on the album then so you're afraid. Then I'd go with proof longer version tied with giving up solo then new way out

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

SoYourAfraid_SDMF wrote:I really don't think leave it alone solo is the best he has written in years after the slow bluesy start its pretty much over before you know it. Id probably say it's the best on the album then so you're afraid. Then I'd go with proof longer version tied with giving up solo then new way out
I actually think that the "Leave It Alone" solo is perfect in it's length for the song. It's definitely one of his best, if not the best solo that he has written to date, in my opinion.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

VigilantSteve wrote:
SoYourAfraid_SDMF wrote:I really don't think leave it alone solo is the best he has written in years after the slow bluesy start its pretty much over before you know it. Id probably say it's the best on the album then so you're afraid. Then I'd go with proof longer version tied with giving up solo then new way out
I actually think that the "Leave It Alone" solo is perfect in it's length for the song. It's definitely one of his best, if not the best solo that he has written to date, in my opinion.
Yeah nobody has said its the best solo he's written... Especially with Find The Real, Burn It Down, Brand New Start, New Way To Live and Blackbird standing in it's way.

The LIA solo goes on for ages. One of the longest on the album, if not the longest!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Mark said Leave It Alone was one of his favorite solos he's ever written. And I actually prefer it to most of his Alter Bridge solos because it's built incredibly well.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

The Things I've Seen or Leave It Alone would both be good choices.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Jim wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
Yeah nobody has said its the best solo he's written... Especially with Find The Real, Burn It Down, Brand New Start, New Way To Live and Blackbird standing in it's way.

The LIA solo goes on for ages. One of the longest on the album, if not the longest!
if you scroll up someone said it was the best solo he has written in his opinion and that's cool. With it being 40 seconds long it is the longest on the album

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Ok Bob, well we're all entitled to our opinions.

Thankyou for taking the time to improve your grammar.