All I Was - The Song

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

All I Was - The Song

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I thought I saw some posts that this wasn't a favorite by some, but does anyone else here think this song is one of the greatest things Mark has done in a long while?! The main riff blows me away every time, and I go batsh** crazy every time that octave hits over the riff, like the one at 0:12. The verse riff is really cool to me, I love how it just kind of constantly descends, it's a nice direction. The harmonies in the chorus are what you'd expect but in a good way, I think they work really work.

I think some of my other favorite parts are the bridge with all the pick-scraping and odd guitar sounds going on. I REALLY love the vocals at the end where he holds out "So unlike like the WAYYYYYY...". When I first heard him hold the note I was thinking "PLEASE PLEASE go down to notes x, y, and z", and he did just that and it sounds so damn epic!!

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Re: All I Was - The Song

Post by TREMONSTER »

Yeah, I love it...that main riff is bone-jarring and then that octave comes along and just rattles it up a bit...sounds so awesome. I love the lyrics too.
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

It actually IS my favorite song on the record. It's quite infectious

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

All I Was might be my favorite on the CD. The intro riff is really cool, but the best part is definitely that bridge. First time I heard it today my mouth dropped and I was just staring at the speaker like ohhhhhh shit thats bad ass! And that yell at the end was awesome too.

fenix88
Brand New Start

Post by fenix88 »

all the riffs and the bridge blew me away, which is why the song is so high on my faves from the album.

osmosis2259
Brand New Start

Post by osmosis2259 »

When I first heard it, the bridge felt like it came out of nowhere but I seem to dig it now!

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Thats one of the grooviest metal songs you may ever hear. I just saw it live last night and everyone starts bouncing around because of the beat.

Its a beast and I LOVE IT, I cant wit to learn it on guitar.

I seriously loving this whole record.

Bawsmonti
Brand New Start

Post by Bawsmonti »

Favorite song!! love the main riff and the bridge :rockon