Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by scarecrow »

George wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:35 pm After a few listens I can say it's such a good album.

It feels to me that each Tremonti album is better than Alter Bridge. It's kind of sad how AB sound/lyrics doesn't connect to me the way it did on the first albums.
I'm feeling this a lot right now. This album speaks to me so much that when I switch to AB these days it's... kind of disappointing. Probably a phase. But a weird feeling.

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

I think Tremonti are definitely the superior band at this point. Marching In Time is my favourite album Mark has been involved with since Fortress.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

https://twitter.com/officialcharts/stat ... 42631?s=20

Official Charts
@officialcharts
·
Sep 27
Marching In Time by Tremonti (@MarkTremonti) is marching towards the UK's Official Albums Chart Top 20 https://bit.ly/3o9ehgD

Rock band Tremonti start at Number 17 with their fifth album Marching In Time

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

https://twitter.com/amahonnUS/status/14 ... 65536?s=20

Amzn USA Charts
@amahonnUS
·
Sep 27
#iTunes #NewAlbums No. 5 Marching in Time #Tremonti

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

****Edited to add a reminder about sharing copyrighted music and that it’s a no-no here. Don’t do it. Or you’ll be banned. - TABN Admin****

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:05 pm fuck yeah, forgive myself is a blend of ghost of days gone by, never say die / outright, and take you with me. undoubtedly didn't fit on the album but i like it a lot!!
As someone who probably prefers Tremonti in pop-rock mode, this would be one of my very favourites from the band if the chorus matched how good the first minute is. Still solid overall though. Cheers, Scarecrow :)

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:23 pm
scarecrow wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:05 pm fuck yeah, forgive myself is a blend of ghost of days gone by, never say die / outright, and take you with me. undoubtedly didn't fit on the album but i like it a lot!!
As someone who probably prefers Tremonti in pop-rock mode, this would be one of my very favourites from the band if the chorus matched how good the first minute is. Still solid overall though. Cheers, Scarecrow :)
The chorus may grow on you! It didn't click with me at first either. But I woke up with it stuck in my head this morning. :P

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Loving Forgive Myself, the solo is great!

****Edited to add a reminder about sharing copyrighted music and that it’s a no-no here. Don’t do it. Or you’ll be banned. - TABN Admin****

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My order from the main website has been stuck in Customs on the complete opposite coast of Canada for the last 5 days and I dont know why :shrug :rolleyes :slam My Napalm order just shipped yesterday :lol :/

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I wonder if "Forgive Myself" is another in a long line of bonus track naming fuck ups lmao. Or if "Redeem Myself" was just too obvious.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

scarecrow wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:51 pm I wonder if "Forgive Myself" is another in a long line of bonus track naming fuck ups lmao.
English please?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dolo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:06 pm
scarecrow wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:51 pm I wonder if "Forgive Myself" is another in a long line of bonus track naming fuck ups lmao.
English please?
I think this goes back to where the bonus track of The Last Hero was titled "Last of our Kind," but it was supposed to be called, "Symphony of Agony."

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

scarecrow wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:00 pm The chorus may grow on you! It didn't click with me at first either. But I woke up with it stuck in my head this morning. :P
To be fair, I do like it. I think it just falls short of the soaring chorus I thought it was leading to :lol

Are there horns at the beginning or am I mis-hearing?

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:48 pm
Dolo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:06 pm
English please?
I think this goes back to where the bonus track of The Last Hero was titled "Last of our Kind," but it was supposed to be called, "Symphony of Agony."
Yes. And Outright was supposed to be Never Say Die. Outright is a different song entirely that's never been released in any form.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:52 pm
scarecrow wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:00 pm The chorus may grow on you! It didn't click with me at first either. But I woke up with it stuck in my head this morning. :P
To be fair, I do like it. I think it just falls short of the soaring chorus I thought it was leading to :lol

Are there horns at the beginning or am I mis-hearing?
I'm pretty sure it's all guitar. There is however a bunch of crackling at the beginning because of poor mastering. That could be what you're hearing.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I'm about halfway through right now (I prefer to listen in my car and I have a short commute). This album is really, really good.

Mark's approach to vocals on this album and figuring out how to make melodies that really sell the choruses to get them lodged in your head definitely feels like he's put some real thought into the delivery. So far Now and Forever, Let That Be Us, and In One Piece are my go-to's. Will definitely be recommending this album to my friends, might grab a few extras to hand out.

Also like the mixing / mastering on this, I don't feel sonically exhausted at the end of songs.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Wasn’t there a second bonus track? Any idea when that’ll be accessible?

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

CrowsOnAWire wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:52 pm Wasn’t there a second bonus track? Any idea when that’ll be accessible?
I ordered that vinyl from the Tremonti store as well.

****Edited to add a reminder about sharing music and that it’s a no-no here. Don’t do it. Or you’ll be banned. - TABN Admin****

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The production is better than usual. As many members have said it before, it's a shame the kick drums are still so loud.
Mark's voice has improved, even though it's still quite nasal at times. I still don't consider him like a legit singer, but he's doing OK, I guess.

Now, if we're talking about the songs, Marching in Time is excellent, but the rest is surprisingly underwhelming. I was never the biggest fan of previous Tremonti records, but I could not deny the abundance and quality of the riffs. On this album, not so much.
Usually, the Tremonti albums have a couple of standouts that I'll spin from time to time, but here, aside from the title track, I feel no urge to listen to a song in particular, and I can't remember a single solo off the album.

Overall, it's still pretty much on par with the previous albums, and by that I mean that it's decent. For me, all Tremonti records are just OK: none is great, and none is bad.
I also don't see how this could be his best solo album and an improvement over A Dying Machine, which had much more memorable riffs and solos.

Overall, all Alter Bridge albums and the first three Creed ones are FAR superior to Marching in Time IMHO.
Actually, I would rank it in his career bottom 3, with All I Was and Full Circle which aren't terrible by any means. They're just not my cup of tea, and I know Mark can do much better.
If we're talking about songs specifically, The Last One of Us and Bleak are at the bottom of the barrel with Tie the Noose, Rising Storm, Found, We Don't Care at All, You Will Be Remembered, Godspeed and Good Fight.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

chtimixeur wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:28 am The Last One of Us and Bleak are at the bottom of the barrel
Oof. You lost me there. I love those two. They both represent a forward step in style and songwriting patience that I've not seen from Mark before. Horses for courses though.