Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Marching In Time

Post by Mr. Slash »

I like how Mark is secretly covering Mr. Brightside in the beginning of Not Afraid To Lose.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I tend to understand both sides of the “sounds like the same formula” argument but a lot of rock bands who “evolve their sound” end up being like Shinedown. It evolves to sound more like pop to sell more. The Beatles started out poppy and became more progressive late, but for most bands they go where the money is as time goes on.

I like Mark’s music and I would rather get a quality album I’m familiar with than a dud that strays too far off genre. And overall I’m really happy with how this album turned out. The guitar tones and Mark’s vocals are a highlight for me.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

:lol
Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:44 pm I like how Mark is secretly covering Mr. Brightside in the beginning of Not Afraid To Lose.
Ok so I'm not the only one who heard that! :lol

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Had no idea Sevendust went as hard as they did. Man they are as quality of a heavy band as it gets. Very impressed with their performance last night

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Well that was a nice quality, good sounding and performed concert by the boys. It was definitely worth the cheap $17 admission but I was hoping for more than just 12 songs since it wasn't live. Maybe 17-18 would have felt like a better experience. The hour flew by way to fast.

Setlist was:
1. A World Away - MIT
2. Another Heart - Cauterize
3. If Not For You - MIT
4. So You're Afraid - AIW
5. The Things I've Seen - AIW
6. Bringer of War - ADM
7. Thrown Further - MIT
8. Catching Fire - Dust
9. Flying Monkeys - Cauterize
10. A Dying Machine - ADM
11. Wish You Well - AIW
ENCORE
12. Marching In Time - MIT

billdrambis
Brand New Start

Post by billdrambis »

Quick Reactions & Hot Takes Part II

1. I was blown away by ADM and thought it would be near impossible to top. Today, I believe Marching In Time topped it. We'll see if this album stays in the rotation over time like ADM did.

2. Erock has some crunchy awesome vocal harmonies if you listen for them.

3. I was also nervous Garrett was irreplaceable. I am loving what I'm hearing from Ryan Bennett; I also love the tone we're getting from drums on this album. Its a similar mix to ADM but I do feel its less muddy and heavier.

4. I think the worst thing we can do (guilty) is listen to tracks before the album comes out. You lose all the contexts, end up skipping over the singles because you already know them and dont get the full experience. I listened through the full album twice today (loud) and it is so well balanced and I don't feel there is a weak song there. Each one contributes something unique with fresh creativity.

5. It is so special to get to listen to a new Mark Tremonti song/album for the very first time; not knowing what to expect, just taking it in.

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

Ubik wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:47 am It's easier to get away with when the melody is as great as Let That Be Us. Now and Forever I'm struggling with a lot more, no like that chorus at all.
Yep, the song is an instant skip for me simply due to the chorus. Love everything else about the song, but it flat out ruins the song for me.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Words cannot express how much I want to hear the bonus tracks.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

RevenantGB wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:03 am Words cannot express how much I want to hear the bonus tracks.
For real. They need to do a deluxe edition soon.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

joshuabeau wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:34 am
RevenantGB wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:03 am Words cannot express how much I want to hear the bonus tracks.
For real. They need to do a deluxe edition soon.
I asked Erock in the comments of a post on IG if there was a possibility the bonus tracks would be released digitally later for those of us without record players and he replied to me with a 🤐 emoji so that gives me hope.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I also hope to get those bonustracks digitally or on CD, although I bought all vinyl-versions (8 or 9) of the album I could find.
Buy a record-player and an old fashioned stereo set, and be amazed how much better it all sounds opposed to digital.
WOW...........what an album !!!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

This band just gets better each album

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

—-I hate the sound effect at the beginning of Tie the Noose and the sound effect at the beginning of Slow Suicide by Stapp.

A World Away is catchy.

Bleak has a catchy chorus.

I listened to the album once or twice so we’re see how I feel about the album with repeated listens.

——“the bridge of Thrown Further is pretty much the same as in "The Cage" “

I’d rather have a recycled part rather than some forced filler bridge or something.

——I hate weak choruses. Like the song Bringer of War, Coming Home, Tie the Noose, One by One, Break Me Down, White Knuckles and Wayward One.

—-I agree with Chtimixuer. The album may be good but it’s not amazing. It’s the same thing we’ve always heard from Tremonti pretty much.

—-At the end of the day, genre doesn’t matter to me as much as how good the songs are.

The latest Theory/Deadman album was more pop than rock but honestly I thought the songs were pretty catchy.

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

There is version of cd or vinyl whit bonus tracks?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The drums during the solo of Let That Be Us are basically the drums of the song One Day Remains only on steroids.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I get that Tremonti is a band that mixes melody with metal, but I think there's a huge difference between "melody" and blatantly obvious pop. Some of these choruses I'd expect from Nickelodeon / Disney Channel type of bands. It just sounds heavier because of the distortion, and because Mark doesn't sound like Ariana Grande.

If you like that blend of sounds, more power to you. I personally think it's a cop-out. He's not actually focussing on melody. He's focussing on catchiness. But that leaves parts of songs that are either boring or highly disjointed with the choruses.

Anyway, of course Mark's a great artist, so musically there are some really great moments on this record. He's also grown a lot as a singer. But this albums ranks pretty low for me. I think it's quite comparable to Dust for me, where I think 2-3 songs are really good, but the rest is really underwhelming. For me this is a step down from A Dying Machine.
Last edited by Timotheus on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I'm shocked Thrown Further wasn't the first single. I really think that one would have done well. Speaking of singles, If Not For You makes so much more sense to me now with where it's placed on the album. Perfect change of pace and for some reason it made the middle part of the song sound perfect to me. :cloud9

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I was pretty sure I saw mark on the right side of the Metallica stage last night. Tremonti tomorrow during the day. Hope the set is similar to the stream set you guys posted. Obviously will be abit shorter as I think they only have 35mins

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Trying to post something put it keeps giving me an error message trying to post the whole thing :lol :/ So I edited this post to remove the half that it finally let me post :rolleyes :shrug

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Timotheus wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:59 pm I get that Tremonti is a band that mixes melody with metal, but I think there's a huge difference between "melody" and blatantly obvious pop. Some of these choruses I'd expect from Nickelodeon / Disney Channel type of bands. It just sounds heavier because of the distortion, and because Mark doesn't sound like Ariana Grande.

If you like that blend of sounds, more power to you. I personally think it's a cop-out. He's not actually focussing on melody. He's focussing on catchiness. But that leaves parts of songs that are either boring or highly disjointed with the choruses.

Anyway, of course Mark's a great artist, so musically there are some really great moments on this record. He's also grown a lot as a singer. But this albums ranks pretty low for me. I think it's quite comparable to Dust for me, where I think 2-3 songs are really good, but the rest is really underwhelming. For me this is a step down from A Dying Machine.
"catchiness" is good lmao. that's the point of a chorus.

really can't believe people are reacting this way because of some abrupt changes from minor to major. geez.

i'd love some key changes on future records, that'd really bother some of you. :lol
Last edited by scarecrow on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.