Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by joshuabeau »

Why release another song the week of release? Weird.

Now and Forever is one my favorites. Definitely a grower.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:55 amI hope Shea gets his this early too because otherwise I think he'll end up doing an entire first listen through youtube reaction vids.
Just wanted to reference your post, Ubik, to say that with the release of Now And Forever, I'm back to checking out a reaction video one last time before the full album to hear the new song before its available tonight :lol :lol

Holy shit that intro is heavy af! :headbang
Now the nice groovy verse I heard in the preview is playing and I already mentioned I loved the chorus before so that's still true :cloud9
Holy breakdown in the bridge, batman! :eek Sounded huge! If only it went on longer :/ :headbang :lol
Loving how much the heavy riffage is present in this track! Nice outro once again with the heavy riff :headbang
Marks vocals and melody have been consistently great on these tracks so far :cloud9
Like the solo in this song more so than INFY's and AWA's, but not as much as MIT's or LTBU's. Still a decent solo :rockon
Ryans drumming :rockon

Marching In Time
Let That Be Us (preview) - might just be bias from being the first snippet of the record we heard but I guess I'll see on Friday :lol
Now And Forever
A World Away
If Not For You

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Man thrown further and let that be us are bangers so far. Only half way through let that be us and I think it’s one of my favorites ever. New merch is slick too. Awesome day.

Edit didn’t love now and forever on first listen.

Edit yes love the vibe of let that be us. Probably would do better on the radio than most stuff marks tried to put in radio.

Love how sexy the heavy is. Plenty heavy but sounds very cool. In one piece is kicking ass.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

joshuabeau wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:20 am Why release another song the week of release? Weird.

Now and Forever is one my favorites. Definitely a grower.
They did the same with WTS. I don't get it either.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

The Now and Forever chorus is a real grower. On my 3rd or 4th listen now and that chorus is getting more and more catchy with each listen.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

For those who haven't listened to Now and Forever yet, there is a 60 second snippet on the Alter Bridge twitter page:

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 88194?s=20

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

nm, just got the album in the mail

first listen on the way to the show tonight :)

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

What a new tune! Brutal chugs on the intro but then it soars almost into Take You With Me territory in the chorus... Sick solo and another killer riff to close it out. So tasty. Thank you Youtube reactors! Friday can't come any sooner!

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

Got my copy of the album in the mail, and I'm really not sure about it, to be honest. It's definitely not on the level of ADM, but there are some decent songs. In One Piece, Under the Sun, Let That Be Us, Would You Kill and Marching in Time are awesome, but most of the rest seem to have this thing where the vocal style is really commercial and doesn't necessarily fit the music that's going on.

Now and Forever's verses and chorus clash really poorly, imo; the verses are pretty metal-ish but then the big poppy chorus comes in in a way where the transition doesn't work.
Last edited by DCooper727 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Tremonti comes in at 30mins in:

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Pretty easily my favorite Tremonti album. I think most of you will be very pleased. Some quick initial reactions below.

A World Away: Love it. (4.5/5)

Now And Forever: Strong. I imagine the chorus will grow on me. (4/5)

If Not For You: In the end, one of my least favorites. Which is good! Because I don't hate it. (3/5)

Thrown Further: Curveball! A four-on-the-floor Tremonti song. Propulsive. (3.5/5)

Let That Be Us: As someone who was really excited by the preview, I wasn't disappointed. One of my favorites. Incredible solo. (4.5/5)

The Last One Of Us: This one feels like a Myles solo song that got lost and ended up on a Tremonti record! Memorable chorus. (3.5/5)

In One Piece: Points off for the intro sounding an awful lot like Thrown Further. Fairly heavy. It's fine. (3/5)

Under The Sun: This one grew on me as I was listening to it. Some fun twists and turns. (3.5/5)

Not Afraid To Lose: The big ballad and it sounds MASSIVE. Refreshingly earnest but not corny (unlike You Will Be Remembered, for example). (4/5)

Bleak: Not an immediate favorite of mine but Mark's voice saves the day. The best vocal on the record. (3.5/5)

Would You Kill: The final HEAVY parting shot before the closer. Maybe the thrashiest the album gets. BUT the bridge - the first time I've heard THAT Human Clay guitar sound since... Human Clay!? (3.5/5)

Marching In Time: The obvious highlight for me, even though a few other tracks are nearly as impressive. (5/5)

Off to the show, I really hope they play Marching In Time tonight. I'll be sad if they don't.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

https://metalplanetmusic.com/2021/09/a ... g-in-time/

Album Review : Tremonti, ‘Marching In Time’

Mark Tremonti, renowned guitarist and song-writer, has blessed music lovers with his fifth album titled ‘Marching In Time’ via Napalm Records.

We are more that familiar with Termonti’s work with bands Alter Bridge and Creed, and his solo band is very much on an equal footing in terms of creativity and originality in the world of hard rock and metal, perhaps even thrash emerging at times.

And this is why it’s brilliant because you can’t really put a clearly defined label on the musical style, the mark of pure genius in my humble (or perhaps not so humble) opinion.

Don’t for a second underestimate his vocals – they are sensational and a perfect match for every song, with consistent, immaculate delivery.

Bass nuts like myself, will be overjoyed with the monstrous, ominous sounds thudding throughout from the very first thump of the strings – pure joy for any decent speakers.

A word of warning though – don’t put your dinner in the oven before you hit play. I burnt mine to a bloody crisp.

‘A World Away’ hooked me in straight away with a dirty bass intro followed swiftly by intense pounding on the drums…it’s no wonder they had to stop for a rest before Mark started to sing.

And what a welcome vocal it is. There are so many layers and tempos in this track and everyone has their moments to shine, showing off the range of skill and diversity, the nasty, sexy bass never letting up. An opening track as powerful as this made me salivate, not just because it’s brilliant but because it’s a sign of what’s to come on the rest of the album. Check out the official live video just released.

Now and Forever: God, these guys love an almighty powerful intro! Insane double kick drum to knock you over, yet still melodic. How do they do it? The breakdown is so damn gnarly, you will be chewing your fingernails until you remember you have to sing.

‘If Not For You’ is less frantic, with intricate fret work and really emotional vocals. This is the beauty of heavy rock married to passion and melody. Check out the video and give yourself plenty of time to listen to it again and again and again.

Be prepared to run when ‘Thrown Further’ blasts into your ears! If you listen to this while walking your dogs, there will be flames coming out of your runners and you just won’t stop. There is so much energy from start to finish and my heart rate went up listening to it. So I played it again.

‘Let That Be Us’ starts with mosh inducing insanity and I would kill to be at a Tremonti gig! There is a pretty epic drum breakdown that sounds like Thor running amok in the clouds – gods beware.

‘The Last One of Us’ leads in with light, bare strings. It’s quite a powerful song to my ears and it’s nice to hear the slightly softer side. The fretwork is not lessened at all, and for me the focus was on the vocals and lyrics. I can imagine this at an unplugged set and how wonderful it would be.

Lyrically ‘In One Piece’ rips out next. It’s quite ominous and it does not bode well for a relationship. Tremonti says that you are his…who can argue with that? We are fans for a reason. ‘Under The Sun’ is the perfect follow up song because it questions the depth of devotion. Or perhaps it doesn’t. The breakdown is musically ominous and there is a complex riff to drive the message home. There is a different vocal style in parts that you can’t ignore.

“Not ashamed of the scares that define me” are the opening words to ‘Not Afraid to Lose’, which sets the tone of the track, and more positive than the previous two songs. It’s poignant and tells us about what devotion and love is and can be. Don’t worry, it’s not mushy or a sob story and every note is a pleasure to hear, with less emphasis on the frantic pace and more on musicality.

‘Bleak’ is exactly what it means, but the song sure as hell is not. The overall riff is positively eerie from start to finish, with an underlying darkness like an episode from American Horror Story. Swiftly followed by ‘Would You Kill’, which asks the most ethical question of morality, not so discretely asked vocally and musically. This song feels like reckless abandonment, challenging the norms of heavy rock with bare breakdowns and twisted riffs that will make you want to turn the lights on full.

Finally, we get to the title track, ‘Marching In Time’. This seven minute song tells a powerful and personal story of becoming a father during the pandemic. Tremonti is speaking from experience here as he became a dad again during these crazy times. A lovely deeper vocal delivery before Tremonti tells his child to be strong and hold onto hope in a cold world, while enshrined in a gnarly riff. There is a lovely gentle breakdown, with a powerful message to us all. Check out the video while you are at it.

This is what hard rock is about – the frenzied love child of metal and melody, worshiped by a master wordsmith. The originality of every single track hits you right in the chest like the fastest train on the planet that just won’t stop. Tremonti knows what he is doing and every time his fingers touch those strings, he delivers majestic performances that consistently compliments the richness of his vocals. We should bow down in deference to his brilliance.

Perhaps Tremonti’s best, ‘Marching In Time’ is ridiculously, off the charts sensational and most definitely, stratospherically recommended!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I have attended hundreds of concerts. I've seen the Stones. Paul McCartney. Bruce Springsteen.

This was one of the best sets I've ever seen. Jesus Christ.

Took a few videos, you can probably find them on Twitter. Incredible stuff. SEE THIS BAND IF YOU CAN!! I left right after Tremonti and there were clearly others that had as cathartic, euphoric experiences as I did.

They did, indeed, play Marching In Time.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Here's Flying Monkeys from tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o8tonBQqkY

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The more I listen to Now And Forever (especially now that the auto-generated youtube video is available in my region as of 7:30 PST :lol) The more I find myself bobbing my head along to the whole songs groove. Really starting to click with me. Song was a quick grower even after having such a positive initial reaction to it :lol :rockon BRING ON THURSDAY SO I CAN HEAR THE REST OF THE ALBUM ALREADY DAMMIT! :smashcomp :slam

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 pm The more I listen to Now And Forever (especially now that the auto-generated youtube video is available in my region as of 7:30 PST :lol) The more I find myself bobbing my head along to the whole songs groove. Really starting to click with me. Song was a quick grower even after having such a positive initial reaction to it :lol :rockon BRING ON THURSDAY SO I CAN HEAR THE REST OF THE ALBUM ALREADY DAMMIT! :smashcomp :slam
Same. Finally got to listen in my headphones too, and it's clicked for me. 4/4 on the singles, I'm so ready for this album! I really feel like this might be my favorite Tremonti album to date, based on what we've heard so far.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 pm The more I listen to Now And Forever (especially now that the auto-generated youtube video is available in my region as of 7:30 PST :lol) The more I find myself bobbing my head along to the whole songs groove. Really starting to click with me. Song was a quick grower even after having such a positive initial reaction to it :lol :rockon BRING ON THURSDAY SO I CAN HEAR THE REST OF THE ALBUM ALREADY DAMMIT! :smashcomp :slam
Agree. At first I wasn't blown away by it, but it's a real grower and that chorus is brilliant.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/album ... g-in-time/
ALBUM REVIEWS
Tremonti – Marching In Time (Album Review)
By JONATHAN SMITH September 20, 2021

9/10
EXCELLENT
While taking his respites from bringing the house down with the grand melodic fanfare of Alter Bridge, virtuoso guitarist and noted Creed axe-man Mark Tremonti takes his music to a more ferocious place, and his latest solo venture proves to be the most metallic creation to emerge from his arsenal yet

A mainline player brings the metal mainstream.

It is said that you never get a second chance to make a first impression, and for many the name Mark Tremonti will be forever tied to the commercial behemoth that was/is Creed and all of the post-grunge baggage that has been tied to it. Yet even back in the days when “Human Clay” and “Weathered” were the flavor of the moment, the six-string slinger and icon of the late 90s under consideration often noted his affinity with thrash metal bona fides of the 80s such as Metallica, Exodus and Forbidden. More recent years has seen his work with Alter Bridge reflect this subtle metallic edge in his playing to a greater extent, though not quite to the point of becoming a full blown heavy metal display. But with the 2011 inception of a project bearing his own name, this Detroit born trailblazer has found a medium within which to fully unleash his steel-forged potential while still playing within the boundaries of accessible modern rock, not to mention taking on the role of highly charismatic front man in the process.

With four studio albums that all but perfectly split the difference between kinetic 80s speed/thrash and groove-based modern rock under his belt, each upping the ante in the former department no less, one can’t help but be perplexed as to just how Tremonti would top itself on its fifth outing. But for whatever mystical forces were at work in the songwriting process, 2021’s “Marching In Time” represents the most ferociously heavy, swift-paced and melodically splendid collection of anthems to be rolled out under this outfit’s moniker. As with its predecessor “A Dying Machine,” this 12 pack of tempered steel earns its place among the fearsome alumni of Napalm Records, but comes with a meaty guitar tone and pummeling production job that actually fits in quite comfortably among the ranks of label mates Destruction, Grave Digger and Majesty. Opinions may continue to vary among purists as to whether this is a full on metal album, but few could argue that these riff happy crushers fail to come extremely close.

From the first low end slams of the opening thrasher “A World Away”, it’s pretty clear that Mark and company aren’t pulling their punches, and comparisons to the recent efforts of thrash revival outfits like Warbringer and Enforced become apparent during the faster moments. The riff set has a decidedly down-tuned and dank demeanor to it that has a slight nu-metal tinge to it, but is a tad nimbler than a typical Slipknot approach and forms a unique synchronicity when Tremonti’s ultra clean melodic vocals chime in. Other metal-infused thrill rides such as “In One Piece” and “Would You Kill” are slightly less frenzied, but prove about as intricate and offer a brilliant blend of busy guitar work, thunderous drumming and a powerful singing display that is a bit less Chris Cornell-like than what Myles Kennedy brings to Alter Bridge, but almost as powerful. One would be remiss not to note the riveting guitar solo displays that adorn both songs, channeling the flash and flair of Kirk Hammett and Gary Holt within a modern rock context to masterful effect.

Though most of this album’s charm lay in its uncompromising aggression blended with hook-drenched verse and chorus segments, there are some softer and subtler moments at work here to balance out the blaring intensity of crunchy numbers like “Now And Forever” and “Let That Be Us”. Mark’s effectiveness in building a haunting atmosphere off of a set of reserved clean and acoustic guitar lines on the quieter moments of Alter Bridge’s extensive discography is on full display on the rough balladry of “The Last One Of Us” and “Under The Sun”, the latter being one of the more epic exercises in dynamic contrast to come out of his creative well yet. “Bleak” accomplishes a similar effect as well, albeit painted over with a more dank and dissonant mixture of elements. But the most brilliant display of auditory nuance and development is the progressive rock-tinged and long-winded album closer and title offering “Marching In Time”, brilliantly melding sounds of melancholy and rage in a manner fairly reminiscent of mid-2000s Dream Theater.

A degree of skepticism may yet linger among the metal elitist class that this writer is admittedly a part of, but in addition to being an album that brings everything to the table that Alter Bridge’s fans crave, this entry packs enough of a metallic punch to further decrease the aforementioned doubts that Tremonti’s chops don’t extend upon the post-grunge paradigm. With the recent battle between chart topping rap artist Drake and old guard metal stalwarts Iron Maiden for command of the Billboard Top 10 turning a lot of heads, this is the sort of album that is primed to keep the lighter side of the musical mainstream from getting too comfortable, not to mention provide a gateway to Mark’s earlier noted childhood thrash metal influences, most of whom are still putting out material to this very day. Some may argue that straddling the divide between modern rock and the more jagged fringes of old school metal can’t yield greatness; “Marching In Time” begs to differ

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

2 DAYS TO GO!! :eek :headbang :rockon :peace