Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by mitch103 »

Fast forward about 10 minutes in to skip the bs

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Alright, I’ve listened to it front to back a few times now.

This may be the most complete Tremonti record, for me anyway.
Very strong lyrics throughout, which I love Mark’s lyrics more than Myles’ so.
I won’t go into to much detail in each song but my favorites that weren’t pre released at the moment are The Last One of Us, Thrown Further, Now and Forever, Let That Be Us, and Not Afraid to Lose with Under The Sun right behind it.

This album has some seriously killer riffs and Now and Forever got me outta my seat. So good.

Can’t wait to hear more reactions tomorrow!

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

There are no words that convey just how jealous I am of you all in this moment.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

joshuabeau wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:45 pm Alright, I’ve listened to it front to back a few times now.

This may be the most complete Tremonti record, for me anyway.
Very strong lyrics throughout, which I love Mark’s lyrics more than Myles’ so.
I won’t go into to much detail in each song but my favorites that weren’t pre released at the moment are The Last One of Us, Thrown Further, Now and Forever, Let That Be Us, and Not Afraid to Lose with Under The Sun right behind it.

This album has some seriously killer riffs and Now and Forever got me outta my seat. So good.

Can’t wait to hear more reactions tomorrow!
I’ll add that the best solo is The Last One of Us. It’s a solo into the outro. The video Mark posted about the Eric Gales pedal, that’s the whole outro pretty much. So soooo good.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

joshuabeau wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:19 pmI’ll add that the best solo is The Last One of Us. It’s a solo into the outro. The video Mark posted about the Eric Gales pedal, that’s the whole outro pretty much. So soooo good.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMsetl0AxHO/
So this video is the outro to the song and the solo comes before this? And you think its the best on the record? Even moreso than Marching In Time? :eek

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:32 pm
joshuabeau wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:19 pmI’ll add that the best solo is The Last One of Us. It’s a solo into the outro. The video Mark posted about the Eric Gales pedal, that’s the whole outro pretty much. So soooo good.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMsetl0AxHO/
So this video is the outro to the song and the solo comes before this? And you think its the best on the record? Even moreso than Marching In Time? :eek
Yup. The video is mainly the outro. But yes, imo it’s better than the Marching In Time solo. It’s a tasty one.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

joshuabeau wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:36 pmYup. The video is mainly the outro. But yes, imo it’s better than the Marching In Time solo. It’s a tasty one.
Damn! Well color me intrigued! I was hoping that video would make an appearance on an album in some capacity! Thanks for the tease :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

One user on the r/alterbridge left a review for the album after their first listen. They gave it a 7.5/10. And still pretty decent individual song ratings for most that they consider "average Tremonti songs"

https://www.reddit.com/r/alterbridge/co ... ime_early/

After reading that review, the only thing that was a bummer to read was that there was no solo in Not Afraid To Lose :lol I was hoping for one because of the track length and after reading the lyrics but oh well. :/ Guess it could be like the As The Silence Becomes Me of the album :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Not Afraid to Lose is one of my faves of the album and honestly, despite it's length, it really didn't need a lengthy solo (i mean there's a small mini-solo after the first chorus if you can call it a solo like if you think the end of In the Deep counts as a solo). I say it's a solid Mark Tremonti ballad (which includes the ballads he's written for AB, Creed, and solo).

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Mine won't be here until Tuesday now but that's all right. I was just hoping for release day. 2+ days early is awesome.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I dont even know how y'all are seeing your estimated delivery days :lol Are y'all signed up with advanced tracking info? :lol My email/tracking isnt telling me anything about delivery ETA's :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, when they sent out my package on 09/16, they sent me a tracking number and you can click that number and it shows when the postal service is estimated to arrive with your package. Ordered it on the Tremonti website.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:12 pm Well, when they sent out my package on 09/16, they sent me a tracking number and you can click that number and it shows when the postal service is estimated to arrive with your package. Ordered it on the Tremonti website.
Yeah no my email and tracking number doesnt show me that at all :lol :/

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Looks like Now and Forever is the last song they're releasing before Friday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC-UCMmcUTc
Should be available to NZers in one hour. But it shows up on Google search results now for some reason.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:06 am Looks like Now and Forever is the last song they're releasing before Friday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC-UCMmcUTc
Should be available to NZers in one hour. But it shows up on Google search results now for some reason.
Listening to it now via a VPN. It's obv already available to stream in NZ.

The songs starts with a heavy, chugging riff and some machine gun style drumming, then moves onto quite melodic verses and an anthemic chorus, a mini heavier breakdown around the 2:30 mark and ends with a decent outro solo.

I would say out of all 4 of the songs we've heard to date, this one is the weakest after the first listen, but still a good, solid Tremonti song. There's nothing groundbreaking, but a decent album track.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Just listened to the iTunes preview and I definitely feel like I will like this song more than A World Away and If Not For You. :lol

Love the groove in the verses and the melody of the chorus! Marks vocals sound great! Cant wait to hear the rest of the track tonight! :peace

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Aye, just listened to it myself and on first impressions I like it. Got Sevendust vibes throughout.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

"My once jaded heart's been fortified."

:rockon

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

https://www.kerrang.com/reviews/album-r ... g-in-time/
Album review: Tremonti – Marching In Time
Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti builds yet more musical muscle on metallic solo band offering Marching In Time…

Words: Steve Beebee

Mark Tremonti is one of those guys who simply cannot stop the flood. The music is always there, trying to get out of his head. His solo band albums have generally been sold on the premise that the sounds therein are ​‘too heavy’ for Alter Bridge – but in reality, Mark simply needs more outlets; a nice problem to have.

Marching In Time is his fifth release in nine years (only one fewer than Alter Bridge in total), giving some idea of his creative yield. It pares down the more epic, conceptual workings of 2018’s A Dying Machine, but only slightly. It remains a jaw-dropping platform for the guitarist’s brawny riffs and rippling solos, all of which stand out but never to the detriment of the songs.

Opener A World Away and the driving In One Piece are typical – intensely marshalled riffs, veering into power metal and thrash territory, but leading to melodic hooks that would work equally well for virtually any mainstream rock act. Thrown Further’s vigorous tempo builds to an especially purgative pay-off – the themes and structures are plainly influenced by the darkness of lockdown while the melodies shout defiantly for release. If Not For You, for example, is as emotive as Tremonti gets, a brilliantly worked mid-tempo rocker. Many of these songs – and especially The Last One Of Us – could have been stripped down to acoustic bones and still sounded good, but with Tremonti you’re guaranteed the full feast.

While there are certain formulas at play, there’s no denying that the title-track is up there with the artist’s best work. This open letter to his children is a climactic way to wrap things up, supported by some breathtaking musicianship, not just from Mark but notably from powerhouse drummer Ryan Bennett. All of which makes Marching In Time another worthy chapter in its creator’s well-populated book.

Verdict: 3/5

For fans of: Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Metallica

Marching In Time is released by Napalm on September 24

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Marshall wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:10 am Any news on the bonus track?
Some press information stated that it will be only on the Tremonti Store Limited Editions but there is no info either :/

Marching In Time will be available in the following formats*:

- CD Digipak
- Digital Album
- 2LP Gatefold Black
- 2LP Gatefold Marbled White / Black + Bonus Track (Band Store Only – limited to 500)
- 2LP Gatefold Sun Yellow + Bonus Track (Band Store Only – limited to 500)
- 2LP Gatefold Crystal Clear + Bonus Track (Band Store Only – limited to 500)
- 2LP Gatefold Pink Transparent (Napalm Mailorder Only – limited to 500)
- Die-Hard Edition: 2LP Marble Transparent Black + Guitar Pick + Print (Napalm Mailorder Only – limited to 500)
- Deluxe Box: Flag, Wristband & More! (Napalm Mailorder Only – limited to 500)

*Additional formats will be available via individual retailers

https://loudwire.com/tremonti-marching-in-time-album/
Best Buy has a limited edition green vinyl with a bonus track. The only one I’ve seen with a bonus track so far. Track is called Forgive Myself.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marching-i ... Id=6475183
Photobucket cash grab.