Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Tremonti V...

Post by Mr. Slash »

"Epic" means the standard song scheme + an extended bridge?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Mr. Slash wrote:"Epic" means the standard song scheme + an extended bridge?
In 6/8?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:"Epic" means the standard song scheme + an extended bridge?
In 6/8?
You guys talking like this is an issue or something. I'm all for longer songs in the veins of Providence. I mean it's not like Michael said that this song was going to be "progressive" or something.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

That's actually quite restrained for Michael. I want to hear about monstrous musical journeys being born.
For all of the hope that it brings...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Ubik wrote:That's actually quite restrained for Michael. I want to hear about monstrous musical journeys being born.
Exactly, monstrous intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-long bridge-chorus-outro solo musical journeys.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I wish AB or tremonti would really step out of that structure and go full prog for a couple of songs! In the Veins of dream theater or the latest avenged sevenfold. I would totally jizz a 10 min prog epic from AB or even tremonti

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Mark is recording the next Tremonti album next month - https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alter ... -november/
ALTER BRIDGE guitarist Mark Tremonti has confirmed to Myglobalmind that he has used the downtime during the COVID-19 pandemic to begin work on a new solo album

"My producer lives here in Orlando, Florida, and Myles [Kennedy, ALTER BRIDGE singer] has been here the last two months recording his solo album," he said. "He just finished tracking it a day or two ago, so I'm next on deck to go into the studio for mine in November/December. Once that's done, Myles and I will start to work on writing the next ALTER BRIDGE album while touring for our solo projects. That's when we start compiling ideas for the next ALTER BRIDGE album."

Asked how far along he is with the songwriting process for the next TREMONTI album, Mark said: "I'm pretty very far along; I would say I'm 14 songs deep. I would get to about 20 songs before deciding which ones will make the final cut. It's not a question of which songs are good or bad; it's which work and have a good dynamic range.

Speaking about the musical direction of the new TREMONTI material and how it compares to ALTER BRIDGE, Mark said: "It has heavier elements, and it definitely has some of the moody, atmospheric stuff like ALTER BRIDGE. The TREMONTI band's rhythm section stands apart from ALTER BRIDGE, and any type of speed metal that I bring into TREMONTI might not necessarily fit into ALTER BRIDGE. Our vocal couldn't be any more different. Myles is a seasoned tenor, and I'm almost a baritone. That's the big difference in how the two bands sound different."

TREMONTI is comprised of Mark on vocals/guitars, Eric Friedman on guitars, Ryan Bennett on drums and Tanner Keegan on bass.

The band's fourth album, "A Dying Machine", was released in June 2018 via Napalm Records. The disc was produced by Michael "Elvis" Baskette, who had helmed all previous TREMONTI albums along with ALTER BRIDGE's last five long-players.

TREMONTI's third album, "Dust", was released in April 2016 via Fret 12.

"Dust", which was recorded during same sessions as 2015's "Cauterize", featured Wolfgang Van Halen on bass.

Although Wolfgang Van Halen was part of TREMONTI's touring band in 2013 and played on "Dust" and "Cauterize", he sat out TREMONTI's tour schedule because of commitments with VAN HALEN.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

"It has heavier elements, and it definitely has some of the moody, atmospheric stuff like ALTER BRIDGE. The TREMONTI band's rhythm section stands apart from ALTER BRIDGE, and any type of speed metal that I bring into TREMONTI might not necessarily fit into ALTER BRIDGE.
Feels like he says this every time when releasing a new Tremonti record.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
"It has heavier elements, and it definitely has some of the moody, atmospheric stuff like ALTER BRIDGE. The TREMONTI band's rhythm section stands apart from ALTER BRIDGE, and any type of speed metal that I bring into TREMONTI might not necessarily fit into ALTER BRIDGE.
Feels like he says this every time when releasing a new Tremonti record.
Well, if people keep asking what's the difference between a Tremonti album and an AB album, he will keep saying the same answers. Does any interviewer going into interviewing Mark, when it's solo album time, expect any different answers?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Hope we get some Sinatra crooning on it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

the last tremonti record was like a story telling experience, an experimental record. Which matched with the fact that it was released alongside a novel. These factors are quite different than AB. I guess this would have been a good opportunity, if he wanted, to talk about if the next record would be different than AB in a similar way as the previous solo record. Yet we just got the same old. I mean, if you're pitching a new record, you should probably sell it a bit better. Give people a reason to get excited for something new, rather than the same old answer. Whatever, I'll buy it anyways lmao

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

MidnightToker wrote:Mark is recording the next Tremonti album next month - https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alter ... -november/
TREMONTI is comprised of Mark on vocals/guitars, Eric Friedman on guitars, Ryan Bennett on drums and Tanner Keegan on bass.
:no Ah damn. No Garrett. I hope he's alright. That's a big loss to the band for me.

Still I'll look forward to it.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Yeah, I hope Garrett is doing okay too. I'm not on Facebook, does anyone here follow his page? Maybe he has posted some updates.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm not on Facebook, but looking at his page he got some new drums recently.

Are we also totally sure that line in the article is accurate regarding the recording band? That's the previous touring line-up, but Tanner didn't record on A Dying Machine despite that.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Mark was on Jamey Jastas podcast and said he was hoping to have the album out in late 2021.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Kreuger wrote:Mark was on Jamey Jastas podcast and said he was hoping to have the album out in late 2021.
WOW, a year past recording? Dang, it’s usually about 6 months.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Thanks COVID-19!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

MidnightToker wrote:Yeah, I hope Garrett is doing okay too. I'm not on Facebook, does anyone here follow his page? Maybe he has posted some updates.
Apparently he's going to playing for Wolfie's touring band for his new solo music. Check out this Howard Stern interview, it's a really good interview. They debut 2 songs as well, and they are great!

https://youtu.be/u3kw5J1Nt9g

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
MidnightToker wrote:Yeah, I hope Garrett is doing okay too. I'm not on Facebook, does anyone here follow his page? Maybe he has posted some updates.
Apparently he's going to playing for Wolfie's touring band for his new solo music. Check out this Howard Stern interview, it's a really good interview. They debut 2 songs as well, and they are great!

https://youtu.be/u3kw5J1Nt9g
Damn you Wolfie! Though seriously, kudos to him. Maybe Mammoth WVH and Tremonti can be on the same bill together?

I hope Tremonti's style doesn't change too much with this new fella.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

So happy for Wolfie finally getting his solo material out there and already getting tons of positive feedback from it. I have to selfishly admit though that I'm super disappointed that this likely means that not only is he gone for good from Tremonti, but now Garrett as well. Again, good for Garrett - this is a next-level opportunity for him. But he's an even bigger loss and this may mean that Dusterize will always be the peak of the band given the lineup. Here's to hoping the new guy crushes - in the end, this is Mark's music and the outcome will always rest on his shoulders (fortunately, this always means top-notch music :)).