Post by Andy92 »

I love it.

Probably the last thing I'll say in this thread. lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Full 'All I Was' Stream

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

After listening to "Proof" a little more, I'd say that the solo's length is spot on. A few bars more and it would've felt like the song was dragging on.

daysgoneby
Brand New Start

Post by daysgoneby »

I love the album. Leave It Alone kills!!!

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

SchwiizVT12 wrote:After listening to "Proof" a little more, I'd say that the solo's length is spot on. A few bars more and it would've felt like the song was dragging on.
Which version of the solo are you listening to? I assume you're talking about the shorter version. The aol preview's solo is about 10 seconds longer than the version I bought off of iTunes. I prefer the longer solo
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I'll never get what he hears... why will he shave seconds off a solo... yet allow so much macro repetition and blandness?

Justified Denial
Brand New Start

Post by Justified Denial »

I'm quite enjoying this album. It's pretty much my favourite genre of music - heavy rock with melody.

Particularly enjoying Giving Up, Brains, Wish You Well and Decay (chorus). Really enjoying the ballads too, The Things I've Seen and New Way Out.

Mark has a real gift of melody, these choruses are already stuck in my head.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They changed the "Sounds Like" to Metallica and Stone Sour. Guess someone at AOL decided to actually click the play button.

air-deadman
Brand New Start

Post by air-deadman »

Awesome, loving it! Many great songs

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Wait a minute...I just read Mark's had the idea for Wish You Well since he was in the 8th grade. That's unreal. lol

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

The album is good, but Apocalyptic Love is way better. Just Anastasia worth the whole album!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Cariocawlad wrote:The album is good, but Apocalyptic Love is way better
The last thing I was supposed to see there.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

Cariocawlad wrote:The album is good, but Apocalyptic Love is way better. Just Anastasia worth the whole album!
:facepalm
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I think Apocalyptic Love as a whole album, is much better listening experience than All I Was. I've only listened to All I Was twice in it's entirety, and I don't really feel compelled to do it again, it has a bit of an identity crisis, one minute it's a metal album, the next it's a hard rock album, whereas Apocalyptic Love is just a straight up, fun, classic rock album, and it doesn't have the shitty production either. I've listened to Apocalytic Love in it's entirety many times, and I'll probably continue to. All I Was just isn't as pleasureable for me to listen to.

However, I think if you take individual songs from All I Was, and put them against songs from Apocalyptic Love, I think songs like Brains, Wish You Well and Decay blow any song from Apocalyptic Love out of the water, with the exception of Anastasia. All I Was and Apocalyptic Love are two completely different albums, and it comes down to personal taste as to which one you prefer, if you prefer lighter classic rock, you're obviously going to like Apocalyptic Love more, and I don't think people should get snarky or look down on others for saying so.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

:yeahthat

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

BSC wrote:All I Was and Apocalyptic Love are two completely different albums, and it comes down to personal taste as to which one you prefer, if you prefer lighter classic rock, you're obviously going to like Apocalyptic Love more, and I don't think people should get snarky or look down on others for saying so.
Oh come on - no one looks down on anyone.
I just think that it's total nonsense to compare a hard-rock/close-to-metal solo record and a straight rock'n'roll record that is basically a collaboration.
Plus a "i like it more' opinion is basically no fun - imagine what would happen if everybody wrote such things in every thread. Nothing to talk about, no reasons to think about.
Last edited by Rosenblaetter on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

:yeahthat

AL is a very decent record, but All I Was is just outrageously better, since Slash is a worse guitarist and songwriter than Mark, and the kind of music they play is completely different. As only for guitar playing, Slash is based only on pentatonic ideas, when Mark uses a huge variety of scales, modes and he also change tuning which makes guitar sound different. AL is a pretty generic rock record in comparison to AIS.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Rosenblaetter wrote:
BSC wrote:All I Was and Apocalyptic Love are two completely different albums, and it comes down to personal taste as to which one you prefer, if you prefer lighter classic rock, you're obviously going to like Apocalyptic Love more, and I don't think people should get snarky or look down on others for saying so.
Oh come, on - no one looks down on anyone.
I just thought the use of the facepalm smiley was a bit condescending, but I guess it's difficult to interpret the tone intended from one smiley over the internet :lol

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

Rosenblaetter wrote:
Oh come, on - no one looks down on anyone.
I just think that it's total nonsense to compare a hard-rock/close-to-metal solo record and a straight rock'n'roll record that is basically a collaboration.
Plus a "i like it more' opinion is basically no fun - imagine what would happen if everybody wrote such things in every thread. Nothing to talk about, no reasons to think about.
Ok, ok, don't get me wrong! I was just expressing my opinion. We got these two projects with AB members and It's just irresistible not compare. But yes, the two are different efforts.

But basically, I think all these guys (Mark, Myles and even Slash) can do way better than their last albuns. To prove that: AB III (wich in my humble opinion is the best AB album).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Don't worry, Josiah has an entire thread devoted to the comparisons. :lol

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

BSC wrote:
I just thought the use of the facepalm smiley was a bit condescending, but I guess it's difficult to interpret the tone intended from one smiley over the internet :lol
I use it like once a year or something, and what? I get misinterpreted :lol
Cariocawlad wrote: I think all these guys (Mark, Myles and even Slash) can do way better than their last albums.
I can definitely agree to that!
Andy92 wrote:Don't worry, Josiah has an entire thread devoted to the comparisons.
:D
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------