Hear A Few Full Tracks

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/weekends/blog ... D=10403796

Couple tracks mixed in that interview.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Hear A Few Full Tracks

Post by Ryan »

just saw this and was gonna share the link. nice! cool to hear that Mark uses garageband.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Cool, cheers for linking!

Interesting snippet about Brian not being allowed to play on the record, is that a Creed thing?
For all of the hope that it brings...

air-deadman
Brand New Start

Post by air-deadman »

So Awesome, heard All I Was and Giving Up so far, soo good!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

That little jive in all I was reminds me of Never Die.
Really dig All I Was, that's all I've heard so far. Badass track, Tremonti is the REAL DEAL :bow
Giving Up, or whatever the song is after all I was, it's unreal. I'm not hearing any filler, Sounds like 5fdp without being obnoxious, just enough of "that sound" but not a crazy amount, ya know? I'm only reffering to marks voice. I swear to God if I had no idea who Mark was, I would still be saying all this positive stuff.
Listening with an open mind and no bias, this is really, really good.
Last edited by austin. on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Hmm... I thought the title track would impress me more but I'm not digging the bridge. The chorus is killer though.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

How these songs aren't the best fucking music anyone's ever heard is beyond me. This is rock at it's finest with a genius behind the guitar and mic.
And bear in mind, occams razor says these songs weren't number one singles to Stapp or Myles, These weren't even par enough to make the album for either project, and Tremonti re wrote and such and I honestly believe could put any of these songs out and it would do well.
Just my .02

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

austin. wrote:How these songs aren't the best fucking music anyone's ever heard is beyond me. This is rock at it's finest with a genius behind the guitar and mic.
And bear in mind, occams razor says these songs weren't number one singles to Stapp or Myles, These weren't even par enough to make the album for either project, and Tremonti re wrote and such and I honestly believe could put any of these songs out and it would do well.
Just my .02
You reading a little too much into what he's saying. All I was were just random riffs he introduced into both creed and ab and didn't work with the rest of the guys. Remember these songs weren't songs, just riffs and pieces with no lyrics.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Wish You Well...cool story behind that one.
Photobucket cash grab.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

I'm finding the songs to be very monotonous and repetitive. The chugging is way over done and All I Was bridge is obnoxious as hell. I find that song horrendous. I like Things I've seen - especially the clean intro. New Way Out is ok, just a standard Creed track. The solos are weak just more of that typical Tremonti thing. Things seem disconnected instead of spontaneous as they should sound. Hopefully I'll be a little more impressed with the others when the full thing leaks tomorrow. Still holding out for Decay, Brains and So You're Afraid.

matt19
Brand New Start

Post by matt19 »

I honestly love it all...Giving Up is amazing.

keys752
Brand New Start

Post by keys752 »

I'm trying to like All I Was... but where the heck did that bridge come from? Seems so out of place. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Ruy
Brand New Start

Post by Ruy »

Indeed, giving up is a masterpiece! Awesome!

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

New previews on the Youtube site.

Decay is clearly the star of the record.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

At this point, we're so close to having the full big daddy release in our earholes that I'm waiting it out. I don't want my next "first" listens to be shoddy radio rips, or live videos (appreciated though they may be), I want the finished product before I go judging anything. Mere days away...
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

matt19 wrote:I honestly love it all...Giving Up is amazing.
At the listening party a couple months ago, that one was my #1 choice for first single, by far. :cheers
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

matt19
Brand New Start

Post by matt19 »

Doesn't need to grow on me honestly I love that bridge.

billdrambis
Brand New Start

Post by billdrambis »

- love the right hand parts on bridge and outro of All I Was, we've never heard anything that sustained and eradic from Tremonti, great stuff
- the bridge on giving up is awesome... I love the rhythmic stomping of that riff... man what a killer solo, love the bendy stuff right before the legato run at the end
- Higher seriously?
- new way out... "chasing the memories of our past, these are the moments that we hold but fail to last" Wow. Those lyrics moved me, what a powerful song. And how nice that a heavy album like this is balanced with an awesome ballad
- cant wait for the real deal!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

TenaciousBe wrote:At this point, we're so close to having the full big daddy release in our earholes that I'm waiting it out. I don't want my next "first" listens to be shoddy radio rips, or live videos (appreciated though they may be), I want the finished product before I go judging anything. Mere days away...
the previews are on the Tremonti Official youtube page and hand picked by Mark i believe. they're from Fret12, but i get what you're saying. as much as i want to hear anything more from this album, i think i'm just gonna wait for the full album.
Photobucket cash grab.

matt19
Brand New Start

Post by matt19 »

TenaciousBe wrote:
matt19 wrote:I honestly love it all...Giving Up is amazing.
At the listening party a couple months ago, that one was my #1 choice for first single, by far. :cheers
Its a great one...still mad at gbruin for not telling me he was going before hand....bastard... :lol