Mark Tremonti to play one-off gig with reuniting Submersed!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Mark Tremonti to play one-off gig with reuniting Submersed!

Post by TenaciousBe »

I wasn't quite sure where the best place to post this was, but it involves Mark, so I figured here will do. This was posted from Donald Carpenter (and wife)'s personal Facebook page yesterday:
DonaldJennifer Carpenter is feeling determined.
Yesterday at 6:36 PM

Hear ye hear ye! Friends and family far and wide!!

I need for you to save this date:

Monday March 4, 2019.

Details are still coming together but we are currently planning the 1st Annual "Lukerpalooza" to be held on said date here in Stephenville, Texas and I wanted everyone to have plenty of time to make plans.

Why?

1. This will be a Memorial/Benefit show for Seth and I know he would want as many of you as possible to share in what is going to be a very special evening.

2. SubmerseD will be REUNITING for a one time only performance in his honor w/ special guest Mark Tremonti on guitar. This will never happen again!

It will be a night of closure, goodbyes and healing! I hope to see as many of you there as possible!

Feel free to spread the word! We will have some shareable content for everyone soon. Many, MANY exciting details to announce, so stand by!

For anyone who wants to come in from out of state or country, we will put you on our personal guest list! Family!

#HeadsUpFam #Lukerpalooza2019 #FirstAnnual #SubmersedReunion #Tremonti #HeadlinersTBA #MoreReunionsTBA #VIPSpecialGuests
#TheFearToFaithFoundation
#RockinWellness
#InLovingMemoryOfSethLuker
#GloryToGod
I can't imagine I'll be able to go (dammit) but hoping they can film this, or otherwise I'm sure someone or another will get it youtubed. But I mean... this is huge! The world lost a great man in Seth Luker, and this sounds like an amazing way to honor his memory.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Mark Tremonti to play one-off gig with reuniting Submersed!

Post by anguyen92 »

March 4th in Texas, ehhh? The tour with Sevendust ends on March 2nd. Now I just need Tremonti to just head west of Texas over a couple of states and then I will be happy. Although, when push comes to shove on what I prefer, a Tremonti LA show or Mark getting ready to record AB VI, I'll take AB VI. I still want them to play in LA before Mark goes back to AB, preferably in May since I don't have a concert book in that month yet.

Anyway, sounds like a cool thing to do to honor this guy who from what I read really had the toughest fight with cancer that no one would want to ever go through (even worst that his son had it virtually on the day he was born, but his son overcame it thankfully). I decided to snoop around google and found an obituary article of the guy and he was a tour manager for Submersed. Mark's name (I know this is not the right thread to nitpick, but the person who wrote this spelled it Mark Tramonti) was name-dropped in the article as well so it all connects.

https://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/obit ... alan-luker

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I hope this show will be recorded & taped. Great band with two very fine albums. Would be nice to have some live-stuff from them with MT.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote:March 4th in Texas, ehhh? The tour with Sevendust ends on March 2nd. Now I just need Tremonti to just head west of Texas over a couple of states and then I will be happy. Although, when push comes to shove on what I prefer, a Tremonti LA show or Mark getting ready to record AB VI, I'll take AB VI. I still want them to play in LA before Mark goes back to AB, preferably in May since I don't have a concert book in that month yet.

Anyway, sounds like a cool thing to do to honor this guy who from what I read really had the toughest fight with cancer that no one would want to ever go through (even worst that his son had it virtually on the day he was born, but his son overcame it thankfully). I decided to snoop around google and found an obituary article of the guy and he was a tour manager for Submersed. Mark's name (I know this is not the right thread to nitpick, but the person who wrote this spelled it Mark Tramonti) was name-dropped in the article as well so it all connects.

https://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/obit ... alan-luker
I forget that he may not be a household name to everyone here, but yeah, Seth was amazing. I only got to meet him in person a couple of times, but he was a great dude and very helpful to so many people. At the time, I was working on starting my own "music news" site and he got me hooked up with doing an interview with Submersed, as well as doing one with Faktion when he was tour manager for them later on.

In terms of his battle with cancer, he also co-founded Rockin Wellness, which is a company that makes a "superfood" shake mix (with a couple of other varieties added later) - which Tremonti was involved with helping him get off the ground. I've ordered the shake mix a few times off and on over the years, and while I'm sure some of the superfood claims are a little over the top, it's a fantastic shake mix, tasty, and I do feel undeniably better when I have some. :) http://www.rockinwellness.com if you want to check it out!

I just contacted DC and asked if they had any more concrete info yet - lots of stuff still in the works but should be some big announcements soon, including some surprise headliners. :) I'll keep updating as I know more!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Update - Mark will be playing with SubmerseD in TJ's spot, as he won't be playing that day... which, now that I'm typing this out, I realize I haven't heard specifically if Eric is participating in this or not, as he wasn't part of the band when they were last together. I'm assuming so, but will have to ask! Also, Tremonti (the band) is playing a set there as well, so we know Eric will be there, at least.

More info as it develops: https://www.facebook.com/events/320640901889650/