A Dying Machine - Tour 2018

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: A Dying Machine - Tour 2018

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Mr. Slash wrote:Dunno 'bout their fanbase. But at least the guys from Iron Maiden seem to be nice guys. :D
https://twitter.com/GWDrums/status/1016350906378436609
Their fanbase are dicks (at shows, for the most part). I’ve heard they’ll just completely ignore the opening acts before Maiden comes on.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

That might be the case. However, I always have this mentality that the set will always be a net positive for an opening band if only one person or more in the audience that did not know the opening band became a fan in the end, and would want to see a headlining show. I felt this way with AB opening for Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed in 2016. I feel the same with Tremonti opening for Maiden.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Dunno 'bout their fanbase. But at least the guys from Iron Maiden seem to be nice guys. :D
https://twitter.com/GWDrums/status/1016350906378436609
Their fanbase are dicks (at shows, for the most part). I’ve heard they’ll just completely ignore the opening acts before Maiden comes on.
I think what you've heard is an exaggeration. Maiden is my second favorite band after AB and I've seen them probably a dozen times. I've never been in a crowd that was rude or hostile to any of their openers. With any huge headliner, the audience may not be super enthusiastic, but that's not unusual. I suppose it could be different in other parts of the world, but Madien audiences in the US have been fine with the openers.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Headline show September 14th in Greensboro.

See you Tremonsters there!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austin. wrote:Headline show September 14th in Greensboro.

See you Tremonsters there!
Will definitely be there!
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

See you there bro?

Is Tremonti anyone else's FAVORITE band? I have no tattoos but really am strongly considering getting a small Tremonti logo on my back shoulder area. The music is just....everything I want in a hard rock band.

This'll be my 4th Tremonti gig. Seen him on every major tour. All I was, cauterize, no dust US tour couldn't help that, and got to hit one of those two Georgia shows (AlliwasChris that was a blast man!)

Can't wait for show number 4, bring all you got and crank it up loud mr Tremonti!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

austin. wrote:See you there bro?

Is Tremonti anyone else's FAVORITE band? I have no tattoos but really am strongly considering getting a small Tremonti logo on my back shoulder area. The music is just....everything I want in a hard rock band.

This'll be my 4th Tremonti gig. Seen him on every major tour. All I was, cauterize, no dust US tour couldn't help that, and got to hit one of those two Georgia shows (AlliwasChris that was a blast man!)

Can't wait for show number 4, bring all you got and crank it up loud mr Tremonti!
Certainly hope so! Not sure who I’ll be going with yet, that’ll have an impact on whether I go for the rail or not.

This will be my 3rd time seeing him. Once on the Cauterize tour, the ADM listening party, and now this gig. So glad I saw this, was gonna go see him the night before as support for Seether in Myrtle Beach. Would much rather drive the extra hour and a half for a headline gig
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

So I am thinking about going to the show in West Dundee, IL on 10/04. But I can't find anywhere who they are touring with. I am assuming that Tremonti is headlining, but does anyone have any idea on who else may be playing?

SethGuitar
Brand New Start

Post by SethGuitar »

I heard the tremonti show tomorrow is going to stream live, does anyone know where I can watch it?

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

So Tremonti is supporting Seether on this tour, gross.

Any idea how long Tremonti would be expected to play? Not sure I want to make a 5 hour round trip, plus pay the cash just to see them play for 45 minutes.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Didn't know that Tremonti was on Wacken this year (to be more precise: today). Here is a snippet of Garrett's Twitter, where you can see him playing Catching Fire. I'm really curious how Mark's voice sounded this time. The last performance of that song was pretty poor back then.
https://twitter.com/GWDrums/status/1025065321328193536

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

DeadCell wrote:So Tremonti is supporting Seether on this tour, gross.

Any idea how long Tremonti would be expected to play? Not sure I want to make a 5 hour round trip, plus pay the cash just to see them play for 45 minutes.
Seether? Crap. I am sick of them supporting Seether lol. I thought they were headlining. For some reason I thought this 10/04 show was the start of a separate tour. I have no idea why, haha but it did not say anything about other bands and it didn't say it was the Poison the PArish tour with Seether or whatever it said it was the "A Dying Machine Tour," so I thought it was them headlining. Argh!

Actually after looking at it, it may be a one off headlining show. That would be great.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

peapod0609 wrote:

Seether? Crap. I am sick of them supporting Seether lol. I thought they were headlining. For some reason I thought this 10/04 show was the start of a separate tour. I have no idea why, haha but it did not say anything about other bands and it didn't say it was the Poison the PArish tour with Seether or whatever it said it was the "A Dying Machine Tour," so I thought it was them headlining. Argh!

Actually after looking at it, it may be a one off headlining show. That would be great.
If that’s the case, you’re lucky. I’m thinking I could find better ways of spending that money, because I have no interest in seeing Seether. And a 45 minute set for Tremonti isn’t enough. Heh, the only way Seether could put together a GOOD set longer than 45 minutes is if they played Disclaimer II in its entirety.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

DeadCell wrote:If that’s the case, you’re lucky. I’m thinking I could find better ways of spending that money, because I have no interest in seeing Seether. And a 45 minute set for Tremonti isn’t enough. Heh, the only way Seether could put together a GOOD set longer than 45 minutes is if they played Disclaimer II in its entirety.
In all fairness, Poison the Parish was a step up in comparison to their two albums prior to it. Still, Disclaimer II and Karma and Effect, to me, is their standard bar. Some of the songs from Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces are all right (Rise Above This is a really great song with really powerful context behind it).

In any case, hopefully, Tremonti can do a full Fall headlining US tour and I hope I don't have to wait until early 2019 for them to come to Southern California.

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

DeadCell wrote:
peapod0609 wrote:

If that’s the case, you’re lucky. I’m thinking I could find better ways of spending that money, because I have no interest in seeing Seether. And a 45 minute set for Tremonti isn’t enough. Heh, the only way Seether could put together a GOOD set longer than 45 minutes is if they played Disclaimer II in its entirety.
If that is the case that would certainly be wonderful! And honestly I'm not a huge Seether fan. They are ok, I enjoyed some of their older stuff but never got hugely into them.

Also, is your screen name a Metal Gear Solid reference? If so, that's awesome :D

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Here you go:

Tremonti - Live at Wacken

https://www.magenta-musik-360.de/tremon ... 8595094766

... and Mark is wearing the shirt of my band :mtrocks

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
I'm a little disappointed, I was waiting that whole video for Mark to hit the falsetto at the end, but nope... :pout

Also, what's with the Comic Sans overlay? What is this, 1996?

Ooh... I'm salty tonight. :shifty
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Marshall wrote:Here you go:

Tremonti - Live at Wacken

https://www.magenta-musik-360.de/tremon ... 8595094766

... and Mark is wearing the shirt of my band :mtrocks
Hallelujah. For some reason the VOD didn't work for me the last 12000 times I tried. But now it works. :rockon

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Pretty cool to see that they reintroduced Catching Fire to the set after me mentioning it in Dublin during the "soundcheck". And even cooler that they kept playing it + opened with it in Milan when they were supporting Iron Maiden!