Unable To See

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Unable To See

Post by austinjhnsn »

I love this song, but I've never been able to interpret the lyrics completely, so Im here to ask you guys, what do you think this song means? The lyrical content seems so vague to me, but maybe its just me being an idiot. Thanks!
Thanks Timo!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: Unable To See

Post by Fish Tacos »

Legend has it that it's about mothafuckas stealing backpacks.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

DAMN.^

I think most of Tremonti's songs have to do with trust issues.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Fish Tacos wrote:Legend has it that it's about mothafuckas stealing backpacks.
This is all I needed thank you.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I suppose I'll add my 2 cents in.

The song seems purposely vague, but a lot of Mark's lyrics are. I think he likes the "open for interpretation" thing. But to me the song is about living in the moment and trying to overcome living in the past.

Well, I don't think that I'll ever know
What it's like to just let it go
And I don't think that I'll ever be
Able to trust 'cause I'm unable to see

The last line ends a bit abruptly so the lyrics can fit the melody. But if I would finish the last line as a statement it would probably read something like "cause I'm unable to see beyond how I was wronged in the past."

The song is centered around a person dealing with trust issues. Trust issues that come from a damaged past. The author is basically saying "I know I'm not able to see beyond the damage, but don't feel sorry for me because that's my choice."

And then the chorus:

So we sing tonight
And it will last forever and ever
Still we love to see a smile
When we are wronged by the ones that would never

I may be reading this wrong, but I interpret is as Mark using playing music as that little moment in time to let his grudges go. It's as if the song is saying "life may bring a lot of baggage, but for tonight we're gonna let it all go and sing instead." And that's why I think the theme of the song is about living in the moment. We all have damage in our pasts that feels consuming at times, so look for those moments where you can leave that damage at the door, even if it's just for a night.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Andy92 wrote:I suppose I'll add my 2 cents in.

The song seems purposely vague, but a lot of Mark's lyrics are. I think he likes the "open for interpretation" thing. But to me the song is about living in the moment and trying to overcome living in the past.

Well, I don't think that I'll ever know
What it's like to just let it go
And I don't think that I'll ever be
Able to trust 'cause I'm unable to see

The last line ends a bit abruptly so the lyrics can fit the melody. But if I would finish the last line as a statement it would probably read something like "cause I'm unable to see beyond how I was wronged in the past."

The song is centered around a person dealing with trust issues. Trust issues that come from a damaged past. The author is basically saying "I know I'm not able to see beyond the damage, but don't feel sorry for me because that's my choice."

And then the chorus:

So we sing tonight
And it will last forever and ever
Still we love to see a smile
When we are wronged by the ones that would never

I may be reading this wrong, but I interpret is as Mark using playing music as that little moment in time to let his grudges go. It's as if the song is saying "life may bring a lot of baggage, but for tonight we're gonna let it all go and sing instead." And that's why I think the theme of the song is about living in the moment. We all have damage in our pasts that feels consuming at times, so look for those moments where you can leave that damage at the door, even if it's just for a night.
This is pretty much perfectly in line with my interpretation as well. I love this song.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I like that Andy, thats what I had interpreted, somewhat. Its cool hearing what ya'll think/interpret of the songs. I really like the lyrics when it kicks in, its super passionate vocally.

Well I don't think that I'll ever get
To find a trace of what we have left
And I don't think that I'll ever learn
To see the moment's right to just wait my turn
I've forgotten the fool that I was
But who am I to just think he's gone?

One of my favorite moments in any Tremonti related song.
Thanks Timo!

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Usually a couple songs off each record Tremonti is involved in bring me to tears. This is one of them. I don't know what it's about but Mark just knows how to write emotional relatable lyrics that don't necessarily have to be felt in the context of a broader story.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I don't like the fingerpicked intro of that song. Which is kinda weird, because usually I love Mark's fingerpicking riffs.