Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by AllC392Was »

I don't know about you guys but I am quite excited for Tremonti's next release in the next few years. I was thinking about what I would like him to do next go around and this is what I came up with.

- I think this will be the least likeliest but I would go in a different direction with a producer. I do like Elvis a lot but with The Last Hero is was extremely predictable and "same ole same ole" for me. Go with someone different for once. See what they can get out of you that hasn't been done before. Elvis can be ABs producer.

- Along with a new producer I would stick with a sound thats completely organic. All I Was is exactly the right way for Tremonti to do a record. Added sound affects and "zoomie" sounds are another AB trend that should stick with them. Songs like Wish You Well, So You're Afraid, The Things I've seen are a perfect example. Meat and Potatoes sound. Nothing fancy.

- New Way Out, Things I've seen, Dark Trip, Dust, Unable to See songs are one of my favorites from him so far. The speed metal stuff is fantastic but I love the dark moody vibes. Mark is very underrated when it comes to song writing and lyrically he's my favorite. He does a very good job in making those types of songs.

- No more mini solos right before the 2nd verse kicks in. I've had enough of those for a lifetime lol

- Don't be afraid to get into the 5-7 minute song range but go nuts with it. A song like The Last Hero is a good example. Take me on a journey. I think they tried going there with Providence but it didn't quite work.

- Garret Wittlock is the MVP of this band. Yes, its Tremonti's band but Garret is EXTREMELY talented and should continue to showcase himself in these records.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Tremonti pt #4

Post by Andy92 »

I feel like Dust has been the band's best album so far. I know the songs on that album and Cauterize were recorded during the same session, but I feel like they saved the best for last with that recording session. I liked All I Was when it first came out, but I think the band has definitely evolved for the better since that release. I think this band excels in writing songs around the 4 minute mark, so I don't necessarily mind if they don't write many songs over 5-6 minutes long. I am interested to see where they go at this point in the band though after already releasing 3 albums. They'll be close enough to catching AB before too much longer. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I may be on the minority here, but I'd like Tremonti #4 to be more like Tremonti #1. More apeshit on pace and drums. Songs like Brains, Wish You Well and So You're Afraid simply melted my brain the first time I listened to them. Same goes for Giving Up with that super amazing bridge. An album with 80% speed metal-ish tunes would be freaking amazing. The other 20% can be used for more progressive songs like Providence.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The thing is where can we draw the line between Tremonti becoming Alter Bridge part 2 regarding them embarking on more of a progressive/longer tracks tendencies? The same can be said about AB as well going for a more metal direction. Most people praise AB for embarking on their path of not becoming Creed part II. Shouldn't it be the same for Tremonti as well? I think them going for a more heavier/speed metal/balls to the wall on stuff like drums should always be a main focus for Tremonti.

Oddly enough, comparing the ballads of the last two AB albums (All Ends Well and You Will Be Remembered) and the ballads of Dust/Cauterize (Sympathy and Unable to See) and the Tremonti ballads trumps the recent AB ballads. I don't think that's a front that should actually happen, personally, which could be problematic in the future, imo.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

AB has been following a very similar formula for epics. I think Tremonti could do something really different if they think outside of the box with longer songs. Tremonti is amazing when it comes to ballads. Keep that shit up.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I can't ask for them to do anything differently because I know I'll love it regardless. If it ain't broke...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I can't ask for them to do anything differently because I know I'll love it regardless. If it ain't broke...
Fan Boy :P Lol no one is asking anything of anyone. But I'm sure you've got preferences and things that you would like to see

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AllC392Was wrote:Fan Boy :P Lol no one is asking anything of anyone. But I'm sure you've got preferences and things that you would like to see
- Since C&D were recorded in 2014-2015 with release dates of '15 and '16, I'd hope for it to be recorded in early 2017/18 with a same year release.
- Hopefully some more vocal diversity from Mark. (Pushing his highs again and maybe experimenting with his lower range some more)
- Heavier riffs
- Unique/Experimental song structures
- Longer songs
- An epic or two.
- A moody, atmospheric song with some light and heavy parts, not really 'epic' but not a ballad either.
- Two ballads maximum.
- Bigger, longer, epic solos
- More times for Wolfie and Garret to shine
- 14 song limit; not too much to cause a repeat of C/D but enough to satisfy the wait.
- One of the heavier songs on the album to be the lead single.

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

:yeahthat

Totally with you on this

Happy New Year

sam1oq
Brand New Start

Post by sam1oq »

The only thing I ever wanted from Mark was more experimental song structures. He doesn't nees to go full on prog for me, but some more experimentation would be great. Hearing the same formula over and over gets a bit tiring after a while ya know. For example Iron Maiden is great at keeping things interesting without switching time signature every 30 seconds.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

sam1oq wrote:The only thing I ever wanted from Mark was more experimental song structures. He doesn't nees to go full on prog for me, but some more experimentation would be great. Hearing the same formula over and over gets a bit tiring after a while ya know. For example Iron Maiden is great at keeping things interesting without switching time signature every 30 seconds.
And that's why Myles is his band mate usually. He apparently knows how to write more progressive stuff. I mean even "Overflow" off of the first MF4 record was more complex than basically everything Mark composed on his own. Overflow might be my very favorite song of the AB universe. But that's a different topic.
Mark never managed to get out of standard songwriting grid.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Just a real heavy long song. Really heavy.
Thanks Timo!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I want them to go full Master of Puppets mode. I don't know how much Mark has in the tank in terms of songwriting considering he has released so many albums over the last six or seven years, but I want them to go in more diverse songwriting direction while maintaining and even increasing how heavy they are. I thought Dust was their best record yet, but the songwriting was very basic. The music itself was great (meaning that all the parts individually sound awesome), but the composition can stand to be a bit more complex. There's more to being progressive than just having a three minute bridge.

I know this band's composition is typically more simple than that of AB's, but it doesn't have to be. To me, I feel this band has the capability of putting out songs like Metallica's "Spit Out the Bone," but it's unlike anything they have ever tried before. Fuck it, why not? If Tremonti is meant to be a creative outlet for Mark, then get creative.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

If I had to bet on Wolfie being on the next record.. I wouldn't bet.

sam1oq
Brand New Start

Post by sam1oq »

anguyen92 wrote:The thing is where can we draw the line between Tremonti becoming Alter Bridge part 2 regarding them embarking on more of a progressive/longer tracks tendencies? The same can be said about AB as well going for a more metal direction. Most people praise AB for embarking on their path of not becoming Creed part II. Shouldn't it be the same for Tremonti as well? I think them going for a more heavier/speed metal/balls to the wall on stuff like drums should always be a main focus for Tremonti.

Oddly enough, comparing the ballads of the last two AB albums (All Ends Well and You Will Be Remembered) and the ballads of Dust/Cauterize (Sympathy and Unable to See) and the Tremonti ballads trumps the recent AB ballads. I don't think that's a front that should actually happen, personally, which could be problematic in the future, imo.
Iron Maiden's first two albums should be the way to go in terms of experimentation. The songs are short and straight to the point, but also experimental. Try analysing a song like "Prowler" for instance. Intro, verses, chorus, guitar solos, extended chorus and it ends. A very solid basis for a song imo. You could easily give this a speed/thrash metal twist.

I agree on the ballads. Especially his power ballads are my favourite: Dust, Dark Trip, Providence, etc.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

AllC392Was wrote:If I had to bet on Wolfie being on the next record.. I wouldn't bet.
Yea I was gonna mention this.... by the end of the last tour, it seemed like they were hinting it was more likely that he wouldn't be in the band anymore. What do we think that would do to their sound? I would assume Tanner would become the new permanent bass player?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

WaywardOne wrote:
AllC392Was wrote:If I had to bet on Wolfie being on the next record.. I wouldn't bet.
Yea I was gonna mention this.... by the end of the last tour, it seemed like they were hinting it was more likely that he wouldn't be in the band anymore. What do we think that would do to their sound? I would assume Tanner would become the new permanent bass player?
I like Tanner but if I were Tremonti I would explore the market. See who else is out there to fill that spot.

But with sound I think it will make a little difference. Wolfie had a few says and leads that I liked a lot

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

1. I'm happy that he's not going to go all heavy next time around.
2. 2 Albums again would be alright in my book
3. Wolfies Ego... Sucks I thought he brought a tremendous amount of talent to the band.

ALTER BRIDGE guitarist Mark Tremonti has told All That Shreds that he is preparing to begin work on the fourth album from his TREMONTI solo project. "After this [ALTER BRIDGE] tour is over, I'm going to have the [other] guys [from the solo band] come to town and start writing and just kind of pick our moments to keep writing and probably get a record out next year," he said.

Asked if he had any kind of sound or direction in mind for the next TREMONTI album, Mark said: "In a perfect world, I want to kind of split it up. You know, I don't want to get trapped into having to do heavy records all the time, because it's something I really wanted to get out with the solo project — the heavier side of my writing — but I don't want to completely abandon some of the melodic atmospheres of stuff, so I might want to do just like I did the last time, do two albums and have two different sounds. Have one be more atmospheric in music, acoustic, real melodic and have the other one be straight-up heavy."

Mark also said that it was unlikely VAN HALEN bassist Wolfgang Van Halen would return to TREMONTI for the new album sessions. "I don't believe so," Tremonti said. "He's doing his own project right now. It's either he's playing bass in somebody else's band or he's singing and playing bass and drums and everything in his own project right now, and I'm sure he's going to want to put all his efforts into promoting that."

TREMONTI's third album, "Dust", was released in April 2016 via Fret 12.

"Dust", which was recorded during same sessions as 2015's "Cauterize", features Tremonti on vocals/guitars, Eric Friedman on guitars, Wolfgang Van Halen on bass and Garrett Whitlock on drums. Longtime friend and collaborator Michael "Elvis" Baskette produced "Dust".

Although Wolfgang Van Halen was part of TREMONTI's touring band in 2013 and played on "Dust" and "Cauterize", he sat out TREMONTI's tour schedule because of commitments with VAN HALEN.

TREMONTI recruited Tanner Keegan to play bass on its most recent tour.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

AllC392Was wrote:1. I'm happy that he's not going to go all heavy next time around.
2. 2 Albums again would be alright in my book
3. Wolfies Ego... Sucks I thought he brought a tremendous amount of talent to the band.

ALTER BRIDGE guitarist Mark Tremonti has told All That Shreds that he is preparing to begin work on the fourth album from his TREMONTI solo project. "After this [ALTER BRIDGE] tour is over, I'm going to have the [other] guys [from the solo band] come to town and start writing and just kind of pick our moments to keep writing and probably get a record out next year," he said.

Asked if he had any kind of sound or direction in mind for the next TREMONTI album, Mark said: "In a perfect world, I want to kind of split it up. You know, I don't want to get trapped into having to do heavy records all the time, because it's something I really wanted to get out with the solo project — the heavier side of my writing — but I don't want to completely abandon some of the melodic atmospheres of stuff, so I might want to do just like I did the last time, do two albums and have two different sounds. Have one be more atmospheric in music, acoustic, real melodic and have the other one be straight-up heavy."

Mark also said that it was unlikely VAN HALEN bassist Wolfgang Van Halen would return to TREMONTI for the new album sessions. "I don't believe so," Tremonti said. "He's doing his own project right now. It's either he's playing bass in somebody else's band or he's singing and playing bass and drums and everything in his own project right now, and I'm sure he's going to want to put all his efforts into promoting that."

TREMONTI's third album, "Dust", was released in April 2016 via Fret 12.

"Dust", which was recorded during same sessions as 2015's "Cauterize", features Tremonti on vocals/guitars, Eric Friedman on guitars, Wolfgang Van Halen on bass and Garrett Whitlock on drums. Longtime friend and collaborator Michael "Elvis" Baskette produced "Dust".

Although Wolfgang Van Halen was part of TREMONTI's touring band in 2013 and played on "Dust" and "Cauterize", he sat out TREMONTI's tour schedule because of commitments with VAN HALEN.

TREMONTI recruited Tanner Keegan to play bass on its most recent tour.
Wow, I'm surprised to see news on the new album cycle so soon. Mixed feeling about having more melodic material... almost defeats the purpose of having two separate bands, but if he really split it between two albums that could be cool - I was always a big fan of In Your Honor by Foo Fighters.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

"Wolfies ego"?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.