Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 12957
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Andy92 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:22 am

AB4Lyfe wrote:I know we were all expecting something different from Found...but I really dig that track for what it is. I like the experimentation.

When this book takes off and we get a movie, that should be the end credits song.
Image

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Ubik » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 am

I can get on board with the From the Sky chorus if I imagine plummeting deathbots having a great time on the way down.
In another life
In another place...

User avatar
Dan Dando
On The Rail
Posts: 1150
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:39 am
Location: Wales, UK.

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Dan Dando » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Waters Rising - 'Don't let me drown'
Traipse - 'Oh, let me, let me drown'

:headscratch :D

JPSCHULZ82
Brand New Start
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby JPSCHULZ82 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Dan Dando wrote:Waters Rising - 'Don't let me drown'
Traipse - 'Oh, let me, let me drown'

:headscratch :D


I picked up on the same thing and commented earlier. Two different songs/albums but a bit of contradiction!

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Mr. Slash » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Dan Dando wrote:Waters Rising - 'Don't let me drown'
Traipse - 'Oh, let me, let me drown'

:headscratch :D

Post of the year so far.

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8123
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:34 pm

I've been trying to get a basic outline going for the plot/the chronological order of the album the past few days based off clues in interviews and such but damn is it hard as hell with the lyrics being still relatively vague :lol All the songs I haven't mentioned are because I still have no damn clue whose perspective they could be from :lol Guess I'll have to wait for the book to fill in the rest :lol

The Day When Legions Burned (the Vessels are called in for a recall, presumably one that results in their destruction; As last I know my fate, incinerator)

Bringer of War (the Vessel “Ares” wants to start an uprising against humanity; I am the Bringer of War, Armed with my hatred and more, And I'm here to set things right)

Throw Them To The Lions (Ares is rallying the vessels to band together to fight; I am forming an alliance, I am bring what the end calls)

Make It Hurt (An extension of the Lions plot; Same perspective of Ares; Turn back, obey them no more, Now unchained you’ll rise like before)

From The Sky (Humans reacting to the Vessels waging war on them; Our creation, reform and rectify)

A Lot Like Sin (Initially I’m confused as to whether is this the POV of a Human or a Vessel, but the lines Rise and reciprocate, we yield no more and Turn to wrath or die alone Have me thinking it’s again another song from the perspective of a Vessel, presumably Ares again, trying to rally more allies to fight against humanity)

The First The Last (Stella has murdered her companion, Brennan, and is now having feelings of anguish and despair, reflecting on her actions and their relationship; These walls, they hold me, I pay for what I’ve done)

Desolation (The degenerative skin issue either for Stella or another Vessel is starting to prove fatal and they’re coming to terms with their eventual demise; Darkness, these walls closing in / Sift through remains of decay, Corrosion, the strength drips away...no)

Found (Instrumental closer, so no real plot references, but since the sound near the end is likened to A Dying Machine, it could be the end of the book when Stella’s degenerative skin issue somehow causes her death or she does in fact get taken in and destroyed due to the recall)
Image

User avatar
WaywardOne
Loyal Follower
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Yorkorado

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby WaywardOne » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:08 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I've been trying to get a basic outline going for the plot/the chronological order of the album the past few days based off clues in interviews and such but damn is it hard as hell with the lyrics being still relatively vague :lol All the songs I haven't mentioned are because I still have no damn clue whose perspective they could be from :lol Guess I'll have to wait for the book to fill in the rest :lol

The Day When Legions Burned (the Vessels are called in for a recall, presumably one that results in their destruction; As last I know my fate, incinerator)

Bringer of War (the Vessel “Ares” wants to start an uprising against humanity; I am the Bringer of War, Armed with my hatred and more, And I'm here to set things right)

Throw Them To The Lions (Ares is rallying the vessels to band together to fight; I am forming an alliance, I am bring what the end calls)

Make It Hurt (An extension of the Lions plot; Same perspective of Ares; Turn back, obey them no more, Now unchained you’ll rise like before)

From The Sky (Humans reacting to the Vessels waging war on them; Our creation, reform and rectify)

A Lot Like Sin (Initially I’m confused as to whether is this the POV of a Human or a Vessel, but the lines Rise and reciprocate, we yield no more and Turn to wrath or die alone Have me thinking it’s again another song from the perspective of a Vessel, presumably Ares again, trying to rally more allies to fight against humanity)

The First The Last (Stella has murdered her companion, Brennan, and is now having feelings of anguish and despair, reflecting on her actions and their relationship; These walls, they hold me, I pay for what I’ve done)

Desolation (The degenerative skin issue either for Stella or another Vessel is starting to prove fatal and they’re coming to terms with their eventual demise; Darkness, these walls closing in / Sift through remains of decay, Corrosion, the strength drips away...no)

Found (Instrumental closer, so no real plot references, but since the sound near the end is likened to A Dying Machine, it could be the end of the book when Stella’s degenerative skin issue somehow causes her death or she does in fact get taken in and destroyed due to the recall)


Interesting stuff, Shea. Where are you getting the character names from? I didn't know there was that much info about the story out there yet.

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8123
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:16 pm

WaywardOne wrote:Interesting stuff, Shea. Where are you getting the character names from? I didn't know there was that much info about the story out there yet.


YouTube interviews where he's mentioned story details, bits and pieces of story info from articles and Q&As, or this one article where he goes into detail about the book a bit: http://bravewords.com/features/tremonti ... list-thing
Image

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16032
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Timotheus » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Not gonna do a review this time. Just a few thoughts, based on comments I've seen in here and stuff that caught my ear:

-Desolation is by far the best song on this album, and possibly the best song Tremonti has been involved in since Fortress, and even on that album in would rank very highly. The emotional climax is just so beautifully done.
-The "woah" part from "From the Sky" is not a chorus. Which is fine at first, but then he starts to repeat it like it is a chorus. Kinda lame.
-Make it Hurt has a really cool bridge. Cool chorus as well, but especially the instrumental part of the bridge is pretty awesome.
-Take You With Me feels completely out of place at the end of the album
-Trust is an interesting song. I like the "nu metal" feel, and whatever's going on in the verses. But god, that's an awful chorus. Cool bridge though, and nice ending. Falsetto, yay!
-Mark's voice on this album is indeed a lot better. Feels less and less awkward, though the pitch correction is a bit obvious sometimes.
-The First the Last doesn't belong on this album. The first half is a Creed song, which sounds fine. It's like a mix of One and Lullaby. But when the drum fully kicks in it just kinda becomes kinda ehh.. It's a metal band trying to play a pop song, and it doesn't work in my opinion. Which sucks, because especially the first part sounded nice.
-I really don't think this album sounds like a concept album. We know there's a book, but that's really it for me. The album could've used some kind of recurring theme, which could've been used in different ways, with at the end of the album it being a huge climax to tie the record together.
-I think he should've hired a female singer to do the female POV to make the dialogue more clear. It would've made the album so much more memorable and it would've made a lot of sense.

Overal a really nice album. Not as good as the Dusterize albums, though maybe a little better than Dust, but still a lot better than All I Was.
Image

User avatar
WaywardOne
Loyal Follower
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Yorkorado

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby WaywardOne » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:33 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
WaywardOne wrote:Interesting stuff, Shea. Where are you getting the character names from? I didn't know there was that much info about the story out there yet.


YouTube interviews where he's mentioned story details, bits and pieces of story info from articles and Q&As, or this one article where he goes into detail about the book a bit: http://bravewords.com/features/tremonti ... list-thing


OH THAT'S COOL. Idk how I missed this but it makes me so stoked for the book now (not that I wasn't before). He did kind of reveal a lot about the story though, like we already know two people who die :lol

User avatar
Crumbso
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Crumbso » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Timotheus wrote:-Mark's voice on this album is indeed a lot better. Feels less and less awkward, though the pitch correction is a bit obvious sometimes.


Which bits have you suspecting pitch correction?
Image

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 12957
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Andy92 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:42 pm

Overal a really nice album. Not as good as the Dusterize albums, though maybe a little better than Dust, but still a lot better than All I Was.

I think if Cauterize/Dust was one record with about 12 songs, it’d be the best Tremonti album. But individually both records have a little too much filler. I think A Dying Machine is the band’s best complete album.
Image

User avatar
facelessman07
Isolated
Posts: 473
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16 am

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby facelessman07 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 pm

I cannot believe the lack of love for TFTL.

I wonder how good of a singer Mark's wife is. I mean, she was the machine on the album artwork. Would've been interesting to hear the male/female dynamic.

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 12957
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Andy92 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:05 pm

facelessman07 wrote:I cannot believe the lack of love for TFTL.

I know. I think it’s easily his best ballad in years.
Image

User avatar
scarecrow
Bought The CDs
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby scarecrow » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:16 am

Now Or Never kind of sucks.

User avatar
fix
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:50 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby fix » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:00 am

Timotheus wrote:Not gonna do a review this time. Just a few thoughts, based on comments I've seen in here and stuff that caught my ear:

-Make it Hurt has a really cool bridge. Cool chorus as well, but especially the instrumental part of the bridge is pretty awesome.


I think the verse is amazing haha!

It's my favourite song on the album. It's one of the few songs I like every single think about.

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby Mr. Slash » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 am

Short interview with Mark. Nothing really new. He is talking about creating a concept album and "doin' the meddl"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKsHGffqwXw

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby chtimixeur » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:04 am

Timotheus wrote:The First the Last doesn't belong on this album. The first half is a Creed song, which sounds fine. It's like a mix of One and Lullaby.

Very good call!

Timotheus wrote:I think he should've hired a female singer to do the female POV to make the dialogue more clear. It would've made the album so much more memorable and it would've made a lot of sense.

That is indeed a great idea.

User avatar
WaywardOne
Loyal Follower
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: Yorkorado

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby WaywardOne » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:13 am

Anyone looking for those bonus tracks come on down/up/over to Thornton, Colorado! Our Walmarts are stocked.

User avatar
UninvitedZero
Bought The CDs
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Postby UninvitedZero » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 am

Over to Thornton, CO! Only a 2,273 mile drive! I'll see ya there in about three days!
Now more than ever what we need
Is love to replace all the obscene

:peace


Return to “Tremonti”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests