Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by Jhenrid »

Timotheus wrote:Not as much as Cauterize, but I definitely didn't dislike it. I think the double albums had 4 or 5 really good songs, a bunch of songs averaging between good and okay and then a handful of fillers. My previous comment wasn't a diss at Cauterize or Dust. I just don't like the idea of them scraping the barrel like that. It literally would be quantity over quality.

Which I don't think they're doing by the way. I was just responding to Shea's post.
Mark's has kind of always done that, he never seems to let any riffs die. If you think about how many tidbits were in ts&s dvd that eventually made it into songs. It's not really scrapping the barrel if it's something you really liked it just didn't work the first go round.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Jhenrid wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Not as much as Cauterize, but I definitely didn't dislike it. I think the double albums had 4 or 5 really good songs, a bunch of songs averaging between good and okay and then a handful of fillers. My previous comment wasn't a diss at Cauterize or Dust. I just don't like the idea of them scraping the barrel like that. It literally would be quantity over quality.

Which I don't think they're doing by the way. I was just responding to Shea's post.
Mark's has kind of always done that, he never seems to let any riffs die. If you think about how many tidbits were in ts&s dvd that eventually made it into songs. It's not really scrapping the barrel if it's something you really liked it just didn't work the first go round.
If it's a riff or two, or maybe one unfinished song that was missing something that they were able to add this time around, I'd fully agree with you. Five complete songs is something entirely different.

I think All I Was was kinda an outlet for him to release a bunch of unreleased material, that didn't make the cut in his older bands. But afterwards, I don't think he's done it to that extreme.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Damn, I wish more people posted the lyrics to A Dying Machine on Facebook! :lol I've only come across two posts of people sharing what they got :/ And the lyrics they got weren't all that different either...

Compared to the last one I posted;

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

I think everyone who receives a code unlocks a new word for the rest. So if everyone participates we‘ll get the whole lyrics. My word was „promise“.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Marshall wrote:I think everyone who receives a code unlocks a new word for the rest. So if everyone participates we‘ll get the whole lyrics. My word was „promise“.
It's a cool idea on paper, but the reality that not everyone will/is participating in completing the lyrics or sharing theirs just goes to show how impractical it is, IMO. Maybe Im just being impatient and it will get done eventually though :shrug :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Bout to track some more guitars with @1f_jef & @elvisliberace !! #tremonti4 #adyingachine @prsguitars

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

That a McCarty he's using there? Love some McCarty tones.
For all of the hope that it brings...

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Beyond excited for this album. Tremonti is literally my go-to at the gym. And I'm in dire need of some new material.

I pray Erock's bass on this album is able to keep up with Dusterize.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Via Erock; #fun #electricsitar #recording

The album is gonna have an electric Sitar?! Interesting.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Via Erock; #fun #electricsitar #recording

Please enlighten the unenlightened.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Via Erock; #fun #electricsitar #recording

Please enlighten the unenlightened.
This is what an electric sitar sounds like, if this is your question.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Question is, will this Electric Sitar be buried in the mix of the song(s) to fatten up some stuff? Or will it be featured at a certain point in a song like an intro/outro/bridge, etc? I hope it's a featured instrument because that would be cool to have a moment like that in the song(s) where it stands out and you're not left going....Wait I thought I remember seeing there was a Electric Sitar on this album? :headscratch

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Yeah that’s exactly what happened to me with The Last Hero! Myles posted a picture on Instagram during the recording of TLH saying “e-bowing it up for a new tune” or sth like that. And I still don’t know where we can hear an E-bow on The album.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

DarkKnight12 wrote:Yeah that’s exactly what happened to me with The Last Hero! Myles posted a picture on Instagram during the recording of TLH saying “e-bowing it up for a new tune” or sth like that. And I still don’t know where we can hear an E-bow on The album.
The intro to This Side of Fate was the E-bow. To your point though, I was hoping for something more obvious too lol.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Via Tremonti's Facebook: Studio pics........Getting it done! #adyingmachine #elvisliberace #ericfriedman #tremonti #MT15 #garrettwhitlock

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

WaywardOne wrote:
DarkKnight12 wrote:Yeah that’s exactly what happened to me with The Last Hero! Myles posted a picture on Instagram during the recording of TLH saying “e-bowing it up for a new tune” or sth like that. And I still don’t know where we can hear an E-bow on The album.
The intro to This Side of Fate was the E-bow. To your point though, I was hoping for something more obvious too lol.

oooh so that’s The one . Thank you man! I was wondering for so long

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

:facepalm The lyric images I've been posting were only for like the first 1/3 of the lyrics :lol: I dont know why I didnt clue into that :lol
At any rate, I found the website page with the full lyrics code thing and here's an image of the full thing so far if anyone cares to see it :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote::facepalm The lyric images I've been posting were only for like the first 1/3 of the lyrics :lol: I dont know why I didnt clue into that :lol
At any rate, I found the website page with the full lyrics code thing and here's an image of the full thing so far if anyone cares to see it :lol
Hmmm I wonder what’s between You’re A ... Machine.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Hmmm I wonder what’s between You’re A ... Machine.
I'll pick "Dying" For $1200, Duane. :lol If I could photoshop that in there with the same font and color I would just because :lol

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Any thoughts on what A Dying Machine is about? I'm guessing it's a metaphor for old institutions dying out, like disillusion with government, religion, etc. Probably not literally about a machine... although the fact that the album title was decided and revealed before they even started recording makes me wonder if it could be a concept album?