Achilles

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Fuck this is good...

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

The intro reminded me of System Of A Downs - Question!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

This song is something else. Despite my small gripe with it, I think it’s absolutely beautiful. 4/4 so far, this album is going to be really special
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AHart96 wrote:This song is something else. Despite my small gripe with it, I think it’s absolutely beautiful. 4/4 so far, this album is going to be really special
Such diverse, much good.

This will be Tremonti’s best record.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Yep, once again he has nailed it! High hopes for the album, one more week folks!!
Thanks Timo!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Just 4 songs down, all absolutely fantastic and so divers !
This album is gonna be so good !
Already feeling so much better than TLH.................................

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Hmm I don't know about ASBM tbh. I really (REALLY) like the verses, but the rest of the song is not really doing the same for me. That being said, I like how diverse the 4 songs are.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Damn. Come on UK release!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Marshall wrote:The intro reminded me of System Of A Downs - Question!
First thing I thought as well when I heard the opening notes.

Cool song. Especially the bridge. Not a huge fan of the vocal melody in the verses, but I like the vibe and the instruments. The chorus is classic Tremonti, and it works really well in this song.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I liked the first three.
Not this one. It feels like Ive heard this kind of tune a million times before.

Also, good call about the SOAD influence.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

This is, perhaps, the first time that Mark Tremonti (solo, Creed, or AB) released a song that was almost completely uninspiring in any way.

There is absolutely nothing special about As the Silence Becomes Me. There are no hooks whatsoever. I said "almost completely uninspiring" because I somewhat liked the intro a little. Other than that, the vocals on the verses are awkward and the chorus is just a dumpster fire. The bridge also did nothing for me. I was hoping he would at least try and salvage something with a guitar solo, but not even that.

MT is about the only dude left that can churn out one good song after another, but this may have been the worst song he's ever written. I know everyone is hyped for the new album and I'm pretty stoked. But at the end of the day, regardless of who it is or what the situation is, if a song is trash I'll call it trash - and this song is trash. :shrug

Go easy on me. lol.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Beautiful! Wasn't certain about the lyrics on the first listen, especially the chorus... But goddamn it it's an ear bug! Can't stop listening or singing it now...

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I only heard it once on the way into work this morning, not sure how I feel about it yet. I will say that I think he did a great job matching the bridge to the rest of the song though - that was something that stood out to me.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:This is, perhaps, the first time that Mark Tremonti (solo, Creed, or AB) released a song that was almost completely uninspiring in any way.

There is absolutely nothing special about As the Silence Becomes Me. There are no hooks whatsoever. I said "almost completely uninspiring" because I somewhat liked the intro a little. Other than that, the vocals on the verses are awkward and the chorus is just a dumpster fire. The bridge also did nothing for me. I was hoping he would at least try and salvage something with a guitar solo, but not even that.

MT is about the only dude left that can churn out one good song after another, but this may have been the worst song he's ever written. I know everyone is hyped for the new album and I'm pretty stoked. But at the end of the day, regardless of who it is or what the situation is, if a song is trash I'll call it trash - and this song is trash. :shrug

Go easy on me. lol.
Damn, trash though? I thought it was amazing. I do wish it had a solo, and the bridge is not as good as the other parts (it's good, but I love when the bridge is the best part of the song. Like in White Knuckles or Coming Home. It was good just least favorite section of the song). The first time I heard the chorus was through my phone speakers, so I couldn't really hear the guitar chords all that well. I was iffy on the vocal melody. Once I put my headphones in and heard the chord progression, it all clicked and I absolutely love it now. Lyrically, it's great too. Would have been really special to me in 2010 when I was going through a "lonely depression" stage. Overall, an amazing song in my book.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Trash? Damn...no comment.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I think of the four pre-release tracks, I go

Bringer of War
Take You With Me
A Dying Machine
As the Silence Becomes Me

Can't wait to listen to everything in the context of the album!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:This is, perhaps, the first time that Mark Tremonti (solo, Creed, or AB) released a song that was almost completely uninspiring in any way.

Go easy on me. lol.

This post is the most hyperbolic fucking absolute nonsense I’ve ever read. You should honestly feel pretty bad about posting such a dumpster fire of a comment.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:*Erocks harmonies are on point!
Perhaps one of his finest moments with Tremonti? His backing vocals during 'take me onnnnnn' & 'but the time is gonnnnne' are unreal! :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:I think of the four pre-release tracks, I go

Bringer of War
Take You With Me
A Dying Machine
As the Silence Becomes Me

Can't wait to listen to everything in the context of the album!
A Dying Machine
As The Silence Becomes Me
Bringer of War
From The Sky youtube preview
Take You With Me