Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
jcrowe
Brand New Start

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by jcrowe »

Tremonti's lead has dwindled in the vote on octane.. get out there and vote people.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I'm loving this on repeat listens. The energy just overtakes everything and it's so positive it's cool man.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

INTRO
Never mistake what we are!
We'll stand apart with our own scars
Never regret or fight alone
We’ll stand apart, all our flaws shown

PRECHORUS
I'll take your hand in mine
And never let go
I'd give my life to find what you already know! (You already know!)

CHORUS
I'll Take You With Me
We'll carry On!
I don’t mind waiting
Don’t mind at all!
Oh....Oh

VERSE
Go, disengage, Liberate
Evolve now, unchained and Go your own way
Never forget where you’ve been
We’ll stand apart, we'll awaken

PRECHORUS
I'll take your hand in mine
And never let go
I'd give my life to find what you already know! (You already know!)

CHORUS
I'll Take You With Me
We'll carry On!
I don’t mind waiting
Don’t mind at all!
Oh....Oh

BRIDGE
We’ve come much too far
Our past, a world away
Embrace now who we are
We stand another day
Found strength and now we know!
Release and let it go!
Let it go!

CHORUS
I'll Take You With Me
We'll carry On!
I don’t mind waiting
Don’t mind at all!
<Solo
Oh
Oh
Oh>
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Oh
Oh
Oh
:shifty

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Oh
Oh
Oh
:shifty
:humina

:facepalm

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Did Mark “Axl Rose” too?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I am warming up to this song... The first time I heard it was at 5 am and I didn’t dig it, but after hearing the HQ version I’m liking it a bit more. Not my favorite track in the world, but it’s good. Definitely an interesting blend of genres and styles.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Production sounds fine to me. Octane just had a crap quality stream.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Solo has ODR vibes for sure.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The solo is pretty lame imo. Still I really like the song as a whole. But the way Mark sings the "with our own scars" part, really scares me. Is it autotune or is he really able to sing such high notes? Well, either way I don't think that he will be able to pull that off on stage.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

It’s a really cool song. Usually i’m Not that into Uplifting rock song but considering that my girlfriend just broke my fucking heart, the vibe of the song resonates well with me ! :mtrocks

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

The take you with me video is pretty cool

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mark responded to a comment on Twitter saying they're releasing Bringer of War next!! :rockon :headbang I wonder when! :headscratch

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I'm digging Take You With Me even more now! In a stunning moment of weakness, I broke down and actually bought the single with money... A music video tomorrow AND Bringer of War soon? Holy potatoes!

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Last edited by Marshall on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

The video for Take You With Me is awesome! The song gets better with every listen for me.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The lighting could have been a bit better! And the constant change of the cameras could have been less constant, but overall it's a good performance video! I only have complaints because I want to see Marks face more and for a longer period of time while he's singing :lol :peace :mtrocks :cloud9 I hope they get tons of views! :D

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... hn-shirley

Frontman is writing a companion novel with award-winning author John Shirley.

Tremonti’s upcoming album, A Dying Machine (arriving June 8 on Napalm Records), means more to namesake guitarist-frontman Mark Tremonti than an addition to his band’s catalog: It’s intertwined with a major item on his bucket list that he’s finally scratching off. Like so many of us, Tremonti has long dreamed of writing a novel, and the upcoming concept album soundtracks a book he’s penning with Bram Stoker Award-winning author John Shirley (Borderlands: The Fallen, BioShock: Rapture) that he hopes to complete in time for A Dying Machine’s street date.

“For years, I thought how great it would be to publish a book, and I get to kill two birds with one stone and do an album with a book,” Tremonti tells Billboard. “It just seemed like the perfect time. The stars aligned.”

Things finally fell into place while the singer-guitarist was warming up prior to a show in Hungary with his other band, Alter Bridge, and started playing a chord progression that eventually became the title track’s chorus. “The story kind of formed in my head, and I kept on developing that song,” he recalls. “I remember being onstage kind of having that in my mind in between songs, and I couldn’t wait to get back to the dressing room. Don’t get me wrong: I enjoyed the show, always, but I was dying to get back to writing the song.”

Mark Tremonti performs with Alter Bridge performs at The Warfield Theater on October 25, 2014 in San Francisco, California.
Read More
Mark Tremonti on Possible Creed Reunion: 'I Don't Want to Confuse Anybody'

Tremonti explains that the book — he describes it as “a sad story” that’s “science fiction-esque” but leaning “on the more dramatic side of it and not so techy” — is set during the turn of the next century. It features a technology called a vessel, which is “a lab-grown synthesized form of a human being with mostly human parts, but they’re loaded with data and traits specifically chosen by their owners that we call primaries, and no two are alike. They’re processed through human DNA and they’re as unique as humans, but over time, some of the vessels in the first phase start to resist and disobey their owner.” A recall is issued that sets in motion a war between man and its creation. The hero of the story is one of these vessels, who was created and programmed by a man to love only him in order to fill a painful void caused by his ex-wife’s death.

Because A Dying Machine centers on a concept, Tremonti says he tried to make the music fit the story as much as possible, but he also wanted casual listeners to enjoy the album. “It’s not something [where] you have to read the book or you have to get into this kind of thing to enjoy the songs,” he says. “Some songs were kind of hard to wrestle into this theme.”

One of those songs is “Take You With Me,” whose exuberant mood and uplifting message differs from much of the propulsive, hard-hitting album that shows the band rocking with as much vigor and intensely as it did on their well-received 2016 collection Dust. “It’s about someone convincing someone else to be proud of their scars and their imperfections and never forgetting where they came from and who they are, and convincing them that they are stronger than they imagined," he says. Tremonti admits he’s a little apprehensive about its inclusion: “I know it’s a song that fits radio just as much as any other song on the album, but I don’t want it to take people’s attention off the storyline and the whole concept of the record.”

Below is the video for “Take You With Me,” which Billboard is exclusively premiering in the United States today (Apr. 16):

Tremonti’s booking agency, UTA, paired him with Shirley after he attempted to write the book solo and realized that he couldn’t do it and record an album at the same time. UTA has a literary division, so Tremonti asked his booking agent, Ken Fermaglich, for assistance in contacting the department to screen potential collaborators. Tremonti chose Shirley because the subject matter of Shirley’s previous books “is perfect for this. He’s got a very human side to his writing, and he’s a brilliant sci-fi writer.”

The pair created a 29-page outline after having multiple lengthy phone conversations. “He sent me back the outline after I kind of narrated it to him, and then certain things were different in my mind than his, and we would push back and forth on that and finally got to the point where I [thought], ‘This is a good story arc,’ ” explains Tremonti. “Then he wrote the first chapter, sent it my way with all the points we had talked about, and I loved it … He’s done an excellent job.”

Once the first half of the novel is solidified, Tremonti intends to shop it to publishing houses. In the meantime, he plans to self-publish it in hard copy. “I never, ever read online or read on a tablet. I have to have the books,” he says. “I even want to do the hardback, all different versions of the book. If people want to do it digitally, they can do that. [But] when I’m 80 years old, I want to have that book to hold on to.”

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Another good song! Guitars kind of sound like More than this