Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

austinjhnsn wrote:Mark sounds pretty damn good in the verses! Highest notes from him I think thus far? I love this upbeat thrash thing :D
Could be! Too bad we have no way of knowing if that's true or not! :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Am I the only one who thought that the released version of A Dying Machine was pitched slighly up compared to the youtube leak? I know we aren't supposed to talk about the youtube leak but IT HAPPENED MAN I WAS THERE.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Cheers Dando for the link and the guide to hear it.

Yeah, I definitely hear certain throwbacks to the mid-00s. Reminds me of Foo Fighters' No Way Back. Very upbeat. Much much different than the usual sorrowful-like/pessimistic vibes that Mark would often throw in his music. I like it. This next thought may be a big stretch, but I think if anime shows were to incorporate songs from western bands, I think it would sound something along this vibe, and I would be all right with that.

Two winners so far for A Dying Machine, so that bodes well for the rest of the album.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

anguyen92 wrote:Cheers Dando for the link and the guide to hear it.

Yeah, I definitely hear certain throwbacks to the mid-00s. Reminds me of Foo Fighters' No Way Back. Very upbeat. Much much different than the usual sorrowful-like/pessimistic vibes that Mark would often throw in his music. I like it. This next thought may be a big stretch, but I think if anime shows were to incorporate songs from western bands, I think it would sound something along this vibe, and I would be all right with that.

Two winners so far for A Dying Machine, so that bodes well for the rest of the album.
3 for me! I can already tell from the snippet i'mI'm be love From The Sky.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's on again!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:Am I the only one who thought that the released version of A Dying Machine was pitched slighly up compared to the youtube leak? I know we aren't supposed to talk about the youtube leak but IT HAPPENED MAN I WAS THERE.
I didn’t know there was a YouTube leak on that one, but it’s common for people to slightly change the pitch of audio before uploading files to YouTube. Basically, YouTube’s copywrite detector works similarly to music apps like Shazam. It matches the audio from the video to the audio in their database. So if you pitch shift the audio slightly, it won’t come up as a match for anything.

I figured this out when I was looking for a random quote on Spongebob and found a YouTube video that sounded like Patrick had just sucked the helium out of a balloon. True story...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:I didn’t know there was a YouTube leak on that one, but it’s common for people to slightly change the pitch of audio before uploading files to YouTube. Basically, YouTube’s copywrite detector works similarly to music apps like Shazam. It matches the audio from the video to the audio in their database. So if you pitch shift the audio slightly, it won’t come up as a match for anything.

I figured this out when I was looking for a random quote on Spongebob and found a YouTube video that sounded like Patrick had just sucked the helium out of a balloon. True story...
Didn't know that! It was only a slight pitch change and to be honest sounded more like Mark's normal range but your version is very plausible.

After a second listen - it's not a song I'd be rushing to listen to again if it wasn't Mark's, but I'd be enjoying it plenty whilst it was on, if that makes any sense. The chorus is very more-ish. Bridge doesn't fit at all.

I like the way that, of the two songs we've had so far, the offering/taking of hands has been in the lyrics for both (considering the album cover).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I was a fan of bands like Yellowcard in the early 2000s, so the song works well for me. Agree that the bridge seems out of place. The song’s hook is VERY catchy, and I think that’s something the band missed with its past singles. Another Heart didn’t have this kind of hook, and Dust was more of a slow/ballad track. I hope this song does well.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:I like the way that, of the two songs we've had so far, the offering/taking of hands has been in the lyrics for both (considering the album cover).
So either Mark or the Vessels or the characters in this world have a fetish for taking hands? :headscratch :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mark's fetish is for capes, and capes alone.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Mark's fetish is for capes, and capes alone.
Capes?! :lol Where did capes come from?

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

Unfortunately, Dan’s link won’t work on mobile because it forces you to download the app, which forces you to subscribe (which I have a subscription, but only for the cars).

Piss on it, I’ll hear it when I hear it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Dan Dando wrote:https://player.siriusxm.com/#/player/live

For those who'd like to listen to the song again (or perhaps for the first time), hopefully this link works.

Scroll down to Octane's Test Drive, click on it and Skindred will start playing. Click on the 'skip forward' button near the top right and it'll skip straight to 'Take You With Me'.
Thanks! First thoughts are I'm digging it. Pretty different from what I've heard from Mark before.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

WaywardOne wrote:love the message too.
Amen to that. Recently turned 29 after having a bit of a bumpy year. Went from employed and having my own place to unemployed and not having my own place (back with Mum). Not to mention a bit of girl-trouble also. It's safe to say that my self esteem has taken quite a knock, so this song has definitely come at a good time, for sure :lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Okay, for some reason I can't play yesterday's episode of Octane's Test Drive anymore. :(

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I dig it! Very different and thats a good thing.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

First thought for vocals were that it reminds me of The Cage because of how high it's sung. That being said, I don't know if it's the highest notes he has managed. Don't care for the song aside from the solo.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

GREAT to finally get something fresh from Mark. I think its awesome. Fresh, upbeat and super catchy - but not cringey. Love it.

Mix is horrid.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:GREAT to finally get something fresh from Mark. I think its awesome. Fresh, upbeat and super catchy - but not cringey. Love it.

Mix is horrid.
Did you hear it on Octane or through a recording that's being passed around? The recording is definitely kinda rough. Come Monday when it's actually released, if the mix sounds at all like the title track then I'll be a happy camper.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

UninvitedZero wrote:
psycosquirrel789 wrote:GREAT to finally get something fresh from Mark. I think its awesome. Fresh, upbeat and super catchy - but not cringey. Love it.

Mix is horrid.
Did you hear it on Octane or through a recording that's being passed around? The recording is definitely kinda rough. Come Monday when it's actually released, if the mix sounds at all like the title track then I'll be a happy camper.
I had so much hope because A Dying Machine is fine. Heard it through Octane. Listened to the Skindred song, mix was fine. Then Tremonti hit..... my jaw dropped at first because of how different it was. Then stood open because for how incredibly muddy and how weird it sounded. Vocals and riffs are all over the place.

BTW... You can still steam yesterdays episode. But you only get so many skips/rewinds per hour.